This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Any point to piercing?

#1atsaoPosted 3/31/2009 8:26:17 PM
Aside from the magnums, is there really any point to piercing? I'm not counting magnums since they pretty much blow through everything. I'm talking more about the P8 or the MP5. It seems like anyone that carries shields can just be shot in the leg. So really, the only point of piercing would be to shoot through multiple people. Then again, if there are really that many people, I can just use a shotgun, fire the 556 in burst, chuck a nade, etc.

I love the P8 for the reload speed (I do LT + A reload for pistols 'cause I love the animation) and mag. capacity, but I'm thinking I might as well just go back to the M92 for the crits/mag or the P226 for the damage. Am I just missing something about piercing?
#2AveotXBLPosted 3/31/2009 8:28:10 PM
Proper aiming can nail other enemies in weak zones, although chaining melees in this manner is pretty hard to do. I can't say it really has a clear defined usefulness but at times it's seemed helpful, such as shooting through villagers to hit an exploding barrel or landmine behind them.
#3fuzz257Posted 3/31/2009 8:28:34 PM
wat hapens if u r out ov shotgun amo?
#4EnricoMarini01Posted 3/31/2009 8:29:12 PM
Machine guns are GREAT for Piercing. I.E. Machine Gun has LOTS of ammo, but it takes A LOT to cut down a foe, so it basically reduces enemies when they line up with the same amount of bullets.

Pisols? Piercing + Pistols = Fail. Think PUNISHER from RE4. It failed so bad. Go back to M92F for criticals.
---
Jill: *sees Nemesis* It looks that way...
Carlos: o_0
#5atsao(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2009 8:41:11 PM
@fuzz - I've never run out of shotgun ammo since I only use it when I'm completely surrounded, or against dogs/mini-bosses. Otherwise, I'm using the rifle or pistol.

Hrm, so I guess I might as well drop the P8 and just run a M92. And as for MP5, is there really any point to it then? I mean, even if I can get a whole bunch lined up/grouped together, what's the point of wasting a bunch of rounds shooting through a couple of them when I can just blast them all with one shotgun shell?
#6EnricoMarini01Posted 3/31/2009 8:45:54 PM
Hrm, so I guess I might as well drop the P8 and just run a M92. And as for MP5, is there really any point to it then? I mean, even if I can get a whole bunch lined up/grouped together, what's the point of wasting a bunch of rounds shooting through a couple of them when I can just blast them all with one shotgun shell?

I think it's because I've become brainwashed by a certain mercs character that I just love her equipment.

Anyway, back to the point. Machine Guns're primarily just support. *shooting emblem, etc etc* becase you get 6x or 3x more bullets then the pistol drops.

Machine guns are meant either to trip, stomp, or go wild, stomp, and few do it better then the MP5. Whether tripping or going wild, it'll spend near the same amount of ammo taking away ONE ENEMY as to THREE ENEMIES in a line.

And machine guns = Weapon of a pro. Shoot, melee, stomp, repeat.
---
#7atsao(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2009 9:12:39 PM
More ammo for mg than hg? Really? I always seem to get 30 hg ammo drops per 1 mg ammo drop.

And I just do that "shoot, melee, etc" thing with pistols. I'll give the MP5 some more play time with the inf ammo to get a feel for it I guess.
#8EnricoMarini01Posted 3/31/2009 9:14:58 PM
More ammo for mg than hg? Really? I always seem to get 30 hg ammo drops per 1 mg ammo drop.

And I just do that "shoot, melee, etc" thing with pistols. I'll give the MP5 some more play time with the inf ammo to get a feel for it I guess.

No. As in, HG drops MORE FREQUENTLY, but MG ammo has more ammo PER drop. HG revolves 10 and 5. MG revolves 30 and 60.

And yeah. Better get used to it. BSAA Jill's MP5 is her boss killer anyway.
---
#9atsao(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2009 11:19:15 PM
Hrm, seems like there's no point to running a P226 either. It only does 230 more dmg than the M92, and reloads slower, has way less capacity, and has no special while the M92F has Crit x4.

I'm also finding I run through MP5 ammo pretty quickly, even in bursts to legs. I guess I could just use it on bosses, but then, why not just use a M500 on them. Any tips on the MP5, Enrico?
#10genericbadguyPosted 3/31/2009 11:20:28 PM
You take piercing to eliminate the annoyance of Base Majini in metal armor.