This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

OFFICIAL: The EGM2008 Article(leaked?):

#1RE5_NewsUpdaterPosted 9/22/2008 5:05:56 AM
Ok. This is the little story. My friend and I graduated High School 7 years ago. I took Criminal Justice major, and he took the Game Development/etc major. He majored in it for 5 years, and then joined small game companies. He moved over to a small branch of Capcom two years ago, and like 2 months ago, he moved into the actual Capcom(US HQ in California).

The copy that I have is the raw copy from Capcom. It's just like a print-out, multiple pages, stapled together, and they look like some documents. Nothing special in it. It's black and white, but the pictures have color at least.

The article is about 5 pages, and discusses the following(I will then post each section with detail, and all the info in it):

-Chris Redfield(page 1)
-BSAA(page 2)
-Characters(page 2)
-Game development(page 3)
-weapons(page 3)
-setting(page 4).

Here you go:

Section One: Chris Redfield(his section has Japanese-->English info on him, several screens from REmake and CVX, and one new image from RE5. His section takes up the whole page).

-Former STARS veteran. He disbanded S.T.A.R.S in 1998, and soon pursued a passion to bring down umbrella.
-You will learn what Chris has been doing these past 10 years
-You will learn who Chris really is. his character, his motives, etc
-You will learn of his relationships to characters spanning the series through/via flashbacks
-Chris joined BSAA(Bioterrorism Security Assessment Alliance) , which was created as a result of the Raccoon City incident, in 1998. Chris helped establish BSAA, and the actual opening took place in 2000.

There is total of 2 screens from REmake, and 3 from CVX. The one and only new screen is from RE5 where he is on his one knee holding a green plant extract, examining it carefully. The location is the Altar/Garden in RE5 we have seen.

Page 2: BSAA(Bio-terrorism-Assessment-Alliance)
-Created as a result of raccon city incident
-Announced in 1998, officially opened in 2000
-Had over 100 people that contributed to it's establishment, with Chris as one of the leads, with many other corporation leaders.
-Regional Biohazard Containment Unit was a branch of BSAA. That branch was temporarily opened, run and closed by Redfield. It was only opened for a project in 2003, which initiated to Russia. RBCU is not effective anymore.
-BSAA has branches world-wide. The lead branch is in the United States, and top orders are executed from there.

On the top of the page is a picture of some kind of building in a modern city(US?). Maybe the BSAA HQ?)
--------------------

THERE YOU GO! I will try to get the scanner up and running asap! I have dial-up btw!
#2RE5_NewsUpdater(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2008 5:06:34 AM
Page 2: Characters:
-Chris Redfield, former STARS member, is given top priority orders to be sent into Africa and investigate.
-Sheva Alomar, member of the West African branch of BSAA, Sheva gets held up in the crisis in Africa, and soon unites with Chris to try to escape.

FireWorks guy is NOT STEVE! His name is "Kralin". He had supported arms to an agency in the area(BSAA?) before everything went into chaos. He now co-ops with the BirdWoman to escape the city, but faces betrayal. At the same time, he provides weapons to Chris and Sheva; similar to RE4's merchant.

The Loudspeaker person is NOT the villager's leader. He is just the richest guy in the village, and people tend to follow him. He is the one paying for and leading the construction projects you see around the village in the trailers. He doesn't have a deep background, but is said to be related to the series most mysterious character(Spencer?). He is power-hungry, and uses the man with the axe as his personal bodyguard to spread fear.

-Wesker confirmed. He is said to kick in about 5 % into the game. He drives around in a black car
-Sherry Birkin confirmed. Her story will be deep and when the game finishes, we still will not be fully sure about her story.

No other old characters will be returning(example: Jill, Barry, Claire, Billy, Leon, etc). However, Jill and Barry will be heavily mentioned in the game, and seen in flashbacks(?).

-Chris and Sheva will have relation problems throughout game, but it will be Sheva's fault.
-Many times Chris will literally shave Sheva's ass, thus, their relationships gets back again.

Game Development:

-The game is 15 hours gameplay, and 8 hours cut-scenes.
-The game will be like a MOVIE.
-Release date March 13th 2009.
-Capcom is willing to go to any lengths to pay whatever the cost to make sure Resident Evil 5 is best graphics game of 2009.
-Puzzles are a huge factor of the game. One level is a FULL puzzle level, and you must clear it to proceed. Co-op is EXTREME here. After that level, you will see something beyond your imagination
-CE will have something that will intrigue everyone to buy the CE.
-The game is being/will be advertised in many many ways, worldwide, to spread promotion and sales of RE5.
-Co-op drop in/out CONFIRMED!
-Chris solo gameplay will be for about average ONE hour before Sheva kicks in.
-superb lighting
-NO SUCH THING AS THE MIRAGES FEATURE ANYMORE!
-NO HEAT/COLD feature!

Flashbacks NOT PLAYABLE! Dev team did not want to go too far with the game.

Weapons:
--There will be a total of 30 weapons. 20 will be found/used/owned by Chris, and 10 by Sheva
-Chainsaw finally usable! But this will happen only after you defeat the Chainsaw enemy the last time. Moreso, in a event, Chris will be forced to discard the Chainsaw, and that's where it is no longer usable.

OVERALL: There is a total of 11 screenshots.
-2 from the REmake(Chris)
-3 from CVX(Chris)
-1 of the BSAA HQ
-4 from the RE5 trailers we already seen
and the last new screenshot is in the characters section, in Kralin's post.

It's of Kralin and the Birdlady. They are in such a pose, that the BirdLady seems as if she's weaked(Kralin's holding her up), and they are in a semi-kissing hugging stance in a dark room with a concrete wall in the back. This yet proves more they are together as one.

--------------------

THERE YOU GO! I will try to get the scanner up and running asap! I have dial-up btw!
#3BloodDissasterPosted 9/22/2008 5:08:47 AM
You-you serious...?! Oh wow, thanks for all the info..I'm kinda surprised of all the information there. Thanks again. =}
#4RE5_NewsUpdater(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2008 5:11:48 AM
Hey, RE5 is EGM's COVER-STORY this month.
And did you even read it all. I doubt you read all that already.
and sorry people, here:

-Many times Chris will literally shave Sheva's ass, thus, their relationships gets back again.

I meant SAVE not SHAVE. that sounds awkward. and imaging it sounds even more awkward.
#5BloodDissasterPosted 9/22/2008 5:17:45 AM
My God...the news is just mind blowing...WHY didn't they add the mirage effect? ={ Never thought Birdlady and Fireworks guy...er...Kralin would be in this situation together, like that. Interesting.

Wesker appearing only 5%!? I bet he's not gonna get killed in this game...or maybe he would...don't know...

Sherry...deep storyline but we still would be not totally clear about her...

Oh my God, too much information, I need some time to absorb all that I've seen today but really, I didn't expect the game to turn out THIS way, got me excited now.=}

And Chris, Sheva arguing? Didn't expect that too. Great, wish to see it soon! THANKS AGAIN!!!!
#6BloodDissasterPosted 9/22/2008 5:19:34 AM
Everyone has got to see this, fast! WHERE IS EVERYONE ELSE???
#7newborn605Posted 9/22/2008 5:23:44 AM
WOW nice info there dude.

Wesker appearing only 5%!? I bet he's not gonna get killed in this game...or maybe he would...don't know...
5% into the game, not 5% of the game :P

8 hours of cutscenes?!?! Sounds like another mgs4 to me :/

---
Never fight a battle you can't win.
#8the_requiemPosted 9/22/2008 5:24:51 AM

RE5_NewsUpdater posted...

ROTFLMAO!!! Definitely the most hillarious thing I've read at these forums... 'shave Sheva's ass' try saying it repeatedly and quickly... quite a tongue twister (:

#9BloodDissasterPosted 9/22/2008 5:25:29 AM
Oh right, yeah, sorry. I was reading fast and didn't notice that.
#10Petronio1982Posted 9/22/2008 5:31:47 AM
"No other old characters will be returning(example: Jill, Barry, Claire, Billy, Leon, etc). However, Jill and Barry will be heavily mentioned in the game, and seen in flashbacks(?)."

Why ? at the end? Not sure they will be in fashbacks?