This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Details of the german Gamepro review (spoilers)

#1CJ_SAVAGEPosted 2/4/2009 1:51:56 AM
Firstly all credit has to go Matt_V_Moore off the 360 board. I'm just copying and pasting from his post.

But basically here are some new details from the german gamepro review where I think the game recieved 93%

- GamePro could only make their own screenshots of the first three chapters. The later ones, they had to use Capcom's images due to an embargo

- It is all about the Progenitor virus

- Resident Evil 5 changes locations more often than Resident Evil 4 and the pace moves on immensly, especially after the first 10 minutes.

- The game is about 18 hours long.

- There's no location that is as big as the castle area in Resident Evil 4.

-The game is divided in 6 big chapters, each of them again divided into 3-4 areals.

- After the refinery, the game goes more for darkness (pyramids)

- GamePro counted 1 (!!!) real puzzle in Resident Evil 5.

- The emphasis is clearly on Co-Op. When a character is investigating something alone it usually deals with finding a key or moving something. GamePro says that these are the most intriguing situations as you wish your partner would be with you and help you fight the hordes of enemies.

- A few classic enemies are indeed in Resident Evil 5 (like the Licker)

- GamePro found the fights with Wesker very cool. They are absolutely dramatic and stunning.

- The visuals and audio are top notch.

- The PS3 version suffers a few glitches here and there, but they are not heavy.

Once again full credit to Matt_V_Moore.

It's always nice to see my beliefs confirmed about this game. Thoughts?
---
Give a man fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
Brawl FC: 2750-0896-9875
#2JimiMorrison187Posted 2/4/2009 1:54:28 AM
Yeah...sounds more like what I expected. This demo is not very good at conveying how this game will play I don't think.
---
A.I. to Detroit=NBA Title=Lebron in 2010
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/ripvanwallace/confusedpete.jpg
#3shiva9999Posted 2/4/2009 1:55:52 AM
every poster likes to talk BAD about ps3 this and a few glitches here and there. . . .

in the end of the day we see which system can last the longest on with out going BOOM. . .
---
PSN:amanda2985 = RE5 mistress of head shots !
#4CJ_SAVAGE(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2009 1:56:51 AM
In all honesty I'm just a messenger, I doubt the ps3 will have any serious performance issues with this game.
---
Give a man fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
#5gohan100Posted 2/4/2009 1:57:46 AM
All this sounds good. Maybe a few more puzzles would be good but it's ok. Hope it's not a slider though.
---
PSN: Gohan100 - Killzone 2 GameFAQs - Clan [GFQ] - Rank: New User - Class: ?
Falcon Kick! \_O__/
#6CarbonoxRatchetPosted 2/4/2009 2:03:11 AM
Am I the only one who gives a crap about the returning enemies? Are the majority of this board REALLY that new to the franchise, that they don't see the significance and fanboygasm potential of this?

The Wesker boss fight sounds godly, just as the cutscenes in the TGS trailer hint towards.
#7The ChadPosted 2/4/2009 2:05:57 AM
No, you're not alone. I too want to see old enemies.
#8gohan100Posted 2/4/2009 2:06:53 AM
I already knew Wesker was a boss multiple times after reading the trophy list. The Licker announcement is suprising though.
---
PSN: Gohan100 - Killzone 2 GameFAQs - Clan [GFQ] - Rank: New User - Class: ?
Falcon Kick! \_O__/
#9CJ_SAVAGE(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2009 2:07:02 AM
Nah I think the lickers returning is great but I already knew about them from the spoilers thread.

***SPOILERS***

A list of Melee attacks was put up with "knife licker" being on the list. How much are we betting that Chris gets some tounge slicing action?
---
#10JimiMorrison187Posted 2/4/2009 2:07:31 AM
We didn't get much of a look at potential enemies in the demo. I'm hoping there is a much better variation than a bunch of damned "villagers" again from RE4. The bosses were very nice. Pretty dumb AI though. Of course in the second map you couldn't survive if they didn't stop before trying to chainsaw you. You'd have nowhere to go. That wasn't the case in RE4 at all. IF chainsaw guy was next to you it was the end of you.

Those flying things threw me for a little loop...lol

Fighting Wesker will be epic though.
---
A.I. to Detroit=NBA Title=Lebron in 2010
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/ripvanwallace/confusedpete.jpg