This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

"I got a shotgun...."

#1RichterdgfPosted 11/29/2009 3:31:06 AM
Ok, I'll admit it, I totally missed the boat on this one. The boat left and I wasn't on the boat. I've looked all around on the internet and come up empty, so I'm forced to ask the RE5 board to explain something to me.

Many times I'll be watching a video related to Resident Evil, Chris Redfield or both and here "I got a shotgun!" in the background.

What the hell is this supposed to mean? It's driving me crazy! It's like the rest of the rest of the internet is in on the joke, and I'm not, and it's driving me up the wall! Where did this little gag come from? Please explain it to me. It's like when this joke first came up, everyone else was paying attention, and I was digging through my coat pockets for Chiclets or something, or maybe I was at the buffet.

Maybe I'm looking too deeply into this one. Maybe this is an obscure reference that has managed to graft itself on to my brain stem. Maybe it's not as prolific as I seem to think it is....

At any rate, will someone PLEASE enlighten me, so I can get to sleep?

---
-M-
Get equipped with Metal Blade
#2David2929Posted 11/29/2009 3:41:08 AM
No idea. First I've heard of it. o.0

---
Who invited you to the Kool-Aid party?
#3MeteoricsPosted 11/29/2009 3:42:48 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4Richterdgf(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2009 3:54:12 AM
Ok, I should have included this in the original post, here's an example of what I'm talking about:

http://www.thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/phelous/13379-reap

The phrase appears at about the 6:10 mark in the video. At the very least, it's a very funny review of the train wreck that was Resident Evil: Apocalypse.

---
-M-
Get equipped with Metal Blade
#5SiegeTFPosted 11/29/2009 8:54:51 PM
Probably because a shotgun is always the first weapon you pick up after a 9mm (assuming you don't start with one).
Handgun
Shotgun
machine gun or rifle
grenade launcher or magnum

---
"You must understand leon is a white hero in Re4 and spain is caucasian as well." ~ Potatotaru (regarding racism in Resident Evil 4&5)
#6SiegeTFPosted 11/29/2009 9:10:32 PM
Upon watching this overweight neckbeard whining it turns out it's just a sound clip from a movie that gets played when Alice uses a shotgun.

---
"You must understand leon is a white hero in Re4 and spain is caucasian as well." ~ Potatotaru (regarding racism in Resident Evil 4&5)