This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So the general opinion is RE 4 was better right?

#1STN79Posted 4/26/2012 9:53:55 PM
I just bought RE 5 and enjoying it okay so far.
I loved RE 4 to death though. Most people seem to agree the previous game was better.
Hopefully by the end I'll be able to say I had fun with RE 5.
#2DepressionismPosted 4/27/2012 7:18:46 AM
You will if you play it with an open mind. The problem is a lot of people play the game and expect it to be an exact replica of RE4 or something.
---
RSN: Franz Epinay
#3Joyce_RhyderPosted 4/27/2012 1:35:09 PM
RE5 is better. In RE4 I could only do suplex's and some sort of swipe kick. In RE 5 I could do the following moves:

Rhino charge
Head butt
Haymaker
Strait punch
Hurricane (my fav, and most devastating!)
Spinning back kick
Neck breaker
Impale (actually stab would be more apt)
Miranda rights (Remember hand cannon from RE 1)
Nut cracker
Elbow drop
Maximum strait
Hammer elbow (awsome)
Rising upper (even awsomer)
Ghost butterfly
Backhand
Skull crusher (the enemy gives sheva oral, then his head explodes when she slams it into the floor)
Lights out (another fav of mine)
Many more..

You can also do taunts. Barrys ones are my fav. I also like the fact that you can set up combos with your partner.

Chris: shoots enemy in arm and throws a hook:
Sheva: Twist kick
Chris: a screamin haymaker or backhand. Awsome! Ive managed a 4 combo once and not countin ground melees.

I also like the stun rod. The absence of that useless school girl is another plus. You can play as barry!! and wesker!! and various others in mercs which just happens to be even more fun than the main game. RE finally has boobs as big as tomb raiders: Lara vs Sheva. That dont matter to me tho coz im gay.
---
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
#4Nowhereman24Posted 4/27/2012 2:30:03 PM
IMO RE4 was the better game, but that doesn't mean RE5 is bad. It has its flaws but if you liked RE4 there is no reason you won't enjoy 5.
#5DarkCloud84Posted 4/27/2012 3:38:37 PM
honestly i liked 5 better, it has more to do with the overall story
#6DarkD3stinyPosted 4/27/2012 3:58:03 PM

I have been there since the start Ive played resi 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, resi code veronica, resi survivor resi dead aim and some others but my favourite one is resi 5.

#7DarkCloud84Posted 4/27/2012 5:58:57 PM
DarkD3stiny posted...
I have been there since the start Ive played resi 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, resi code veronica, resi survivor resi dead aim and some others but my favourite one is resi 5.

ive played all of them too and i dont know if i will flat out say 5 was my favorite i will say i have logged the most hours on it by far out of any RE. and i have played all of them multiple times.
#8DarkD3stinyPosted 4/28/2012 4:55:34 AM

well I suppose we all have our favourites, I just like re5 for so many reasons, it's replay ability, it's online versus mode, it's online mercs reunion is so fun and I can play as barry, it's co op story mode is fun too, I finally face wesker, being able to play as wesker in versus made my year, you also get mini side games like DE and LIN, I just love re5 for so many reasons they did a great job with re5.

#9DarkCloud84Posted 4/28/2012 8:50:46 AM
DarkD3stiny posted...
well I suppose we all have our favourites, I just like re5 for so many reasons, it's replay ability, it's online versus mode, it's online mercs reunion is so fun and I can play as barry, it's co op story mode is fun too, I finally face wesker, being able to play as wesker in versus made my year, you also get mini side games like DE and LIN, I just love re5 for so many reasons they did a great job with re5.

i agree i still play it regularly and I got it the first day it came out. I probably would say re5 is my favorite, i play it so much its crazy
#10DarkD3stinyPosted 4/28/2012 1:52:36 PM

Ikr I don't understand why re5 got so much hate, I get it's not got horror but times need changing, cap com can't stay with the same old mechanics forever (I think cap com needs to keep the scary horror feel in games even if they stay action) then they will keep both sides happy but if I want to play one of the old style horror games then Ill play one. They should of made re5 scary but come on it got sooo much hate when re5 improved so much compared to the others, people say it's not a re game well sorry guys it is and times have changed, the only time Ill stop buying re games is if they made all re games like COD type games.