This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I the only who ****ing hates playing against STARS Wesker in Slayers?

#11Lisker(Topic Creator)Posted 2/5/2013 7:39:59 PM
That's it. I give up on this mode. I'm not a terrible player, but I feel like it when I get my ass handed to me nearly every single game. It's not that most of the players on here are good, it's that it seems like they've memorized every aspect of the game, getting all the weapons at the start and killing you shortly after you reappear. I just played the Ship stage, and I swear they fired at least 10 rockets at me. Are there even that many there, and how the hell did they find them all? Another thing that irritates me is that once they're on a roll and have gotten all the weapons on the stage, there's really nothing else you can do, since at that point it's just you with your terrible default gun against their arsenal, and unless you can somehow kill them, you're stuck with your crap weapon.

Matty0289 posted...
Hah. Alright well all the more reason I won't even think about buying "Survivor Mode" in Resident Evil 6.

Unless it comes with the other DLC I'll be getting, Survivor Mode will never be in my "Cart".
If it's anything like Versus Mode, then same here. Seriously, I've never seen such a mess in online multiplayer. There are some unbelievable pros in games like Left 4 Dead, but I'm not guaranteed to get raped every time I play, only with Versus. I genuinely feel pissed that Capcom sold us such a broken, and seemingly unfinished ,mess. They couldn't even be bothered to release a patch for it.
#12Matty0289Posted 2/5/2013 8:27:17 PM
Resident Evil 6 looks worse..

All it takes is "Quick-Shots" on RE6, and your opponent is dead. Based on all the X360 Videos I've seen of Survivors. ( I have PS3, and DLC is not available on PS3 yet ).

So yeah. I always hated RE5 Versus Mode though, it's pretty bad.

And the Insta-Kill RPG Insta-Fire spam is ridiculous. There are quite a few RPG's around in this game. At Ship-Deck, I can think of at least 3-4 off the top of my head. That's in Survivor Mode though, I don't think Slayers Mode has all the other stuff though. Like I said, been a few months since I played Versus Mode. At least a year and over, actually. So I really wouldn't know what to expect in this mode.

To be fairly honest, "Versus" ( Team DeathMatch ) type modes, have no right to be in Resident Evil. That being said, all the modes that ARE fair with Multiplayer. Like Team Slayers for example, you should NOT be able to kill opposing teams.
---
Starcraft 2 Character Name- Aqua / Code-140 Playstation3 PSN: Matty0289
Nintendo 3DS "Friend Code"-----> 4596-9586-8808
#13sbn4Posted 2/6/2013 5:31:49 PM
The thing with STARS Chris is he can sometimes have serious ammo issues. I've had many instances where I run out of magnum ammo as well as grenade ammo. Drops seem scarce for him. I generally don't use him often since the cheese level of STARS Chris is quiet high. I stick to Safari/BSAA Chris and Battlesuit Jill. Another thing that makes STARS Wesker overbearing is that his Desert Eagle makes him good from all ranges. In terms of damage it beats out the PSG1 and even the Dragunov I believe.

I've had several games where people don't bother me though. I play on 360. If the PS3 community is anything like the 360 community there are a group of players that STILL play this mode frequently. I generally try to join players who I feel are not idiots.

And survivors in RE6 is pretty broken, but for some reason it is somewhat enjoyable with friends. I hate how rounds end so quickly, but I do feel that the "survival" aspect of the mode is somewhat realized. You can't just go in guns blazing. You have to be methodical and watch your back constantly. It is true a single quick shot can end you, so you have to be careful in when you attempt anything. It will infuriate many, but I have some fun with the mode. Predator is fun for a while but gets boring because rounds all devolve into the same cat and mouse hunt. Onslaught is the best mode, but no one plays it.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#14Lisker(Topic Creator)Posted 2/6/2013 10:26:54 PM
Matty0289 posted...
To be fairly honest, "Versus" ( Team DeathMatch ) type modes, have no right to be in Resident Evil. That being said, all the modes that ARE fair with Multiplayer. Like Team Slayers for example, you should NOT be able to kill opposing teams.

Yeah, I really feel like the gameplay isn't suited for multliplayer combat.
#15SSJ_JinPosted 2/11/2013 12:46:44 PM
I barely played any Versus, just briefly when it came out. But immediately I saw how everyone was using STARS Wesker and I found out very quickly about STARS Chris and his grenade launcher, magnum trick. But the thing is, you run out of ammo real quick for him.

So I always just attacked the enemies and never touched players until they attacked me first. So I instant killed them, lol.

Err...Slayers IS the one where you kill enemies and fight the people, right? I think Survivors is where you have to kill Players. That mode was even more trash. Get the high ground and you win. lol
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7KDXVEOqj8
http://antir.site90.net/
#16Lisker(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2013 8:57:53 PM
I decided to ask on the Resident Evil 6 board if the multiplayer modes were as bad as in 5. That was a mistake, because the irritable fanboys who hold their games sacred came out of the woodwork.
#17lll-Seru-lllPosted 2/18/2013 10:28:57 PM
I don't get it why you guys are complaining, but VS re5 is easy. Today, I played this mode, I fought the players, & they rage quit because they couldn't get used to Pking.

In Team Slayer/Slayers, it's a optional deathmatch, you can actually kill a player if you want to.
---
Reality is cruel and common sense's useless. Two Important words that keeps me going: Pride and Perfection
#18Lisker(Topic Creator)Posted 2/23/2013 6:22:03 AM
I guess we can't all be as awesome in life as you are.
#19Supreme_XionPosted 3/18/2013 9:49:04 PM
It's not that most of the players on here are good, it's that it seems like they've memorized every aspect of the game, getting all the weapons at the start and killing you shortly after you reappear. I just played the Ship stage, and I swear they fired at least 10 rockets at me. Are there even that many there, and how the hell did they find them all? Another thing that irritates me is that once they're on a roll and have gotten all the weapons on the stage, there's really nothing else you can do, since at that point it's just you with your terrible default gun against their arsenal, and unless you can somehow kill them, you're stuck with your crap weapon.

That's because they played it for 3-4 years since the game came out.
Otherwise.
---
Offical Wesker of RE6 boards. Pride, Aggressive, Intelligence, and Strength. PSN: Pain-of-TerrorZX
#20Supreme_XionPosted 3/18/2013 9:54:38 PM
In Team Slayer/Slayers, it's a optional deathmatch, you can actually kill a player if you want to.

Also, it even said "Kill player = 1000" + killing players can give half amount of points the sub-bosses during combo-ing & increases higher if you kill players more.
You can reach 150K-1M in VS mode.
---
Offical Wesker of RE6 boards. Pride, Aggressive, Intelligence, and Strength. PSN: Pain-of-TerrorZX