This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If there are any mercenaries vets around I'd appreciate some tips.

#1Project5BossPosted 2/11/2013 1:45:49 PM
My friend recently got me into RE5 mercenaries to kill time before and after our workouts. With my help we unlocked every character and we're not trying to SS rank every stage and kill everything in every stage as well. We've been successful on Public Assembly The Mines and Ship Deck.

However we're both not masters and are very rough around the edges. We don't yet full understand how to exploit each character and each stage.

At our current level. I use Jill and Wesker adeptly. I mainly use Midnight Wesker to improve my aim as I had become scrubby and overly reliant on STARS Wesker's Hydra Shotgun. I'm also trying to master use of the dash/knee cannon move. With Jill, I take out majinis with shoot leg>walk behind>melee>instant kill.

Outside of exploiting actions and melee moves. I want to know ways to easily take out Reapers, Giant Majinis, the torso eater in Experimental Facility, Chainsaw Majini and Red Executioners.

Are there any advanced tactics to taking these enemies out?

Also, is there any advanced tricks with Wesker for properly using the dash and knee cannon?

Any responses are greatly appreciated.
#2LiskerPosted 2/15/2013 5:48:44 AM
Giant Majinis are weak in their legs. The Duvalia or Cephalopod or whatever the hell it's called when a guy's upper torso explodes into a plaga needs to be shot in the leg, then fired at in its opened weak spot with a powerful weapon, but saving flash grenades for them is definitely preferable. Reaper's one I've always kind of had trouble with, but I noticed a while ago that it can only do a little damage to you if you turn your back on it, so that's a way to avoid its instant kill attack (though I don't think turning around would help if it's in the middle of the animation for the kill attack), you can shoot any of the yellow orbs that appear on its body to damage it, or use the rocket launcher for an instant kill. Shotguns, especially the Hydra, seem really good for dealing with them due to the ease of aiming at their weakpoints, though magnums are more damaging. I recommend stunning it through the use of explosives first, and keeping your distance (I've had to restart way too many matches because I got too close).
#3zenandiPosted 2/15/2013 7:22:58 PM
Project5Boss posted...

Outside of exploiting actions and melee moves. I want to know ways to easily take out Reapers, Giant Majinis, the torso eater in Experimental Facility, Chainsaw Majini and Red Executioners.

- Reapers

Explosives will reduce the Reaper to 1 HP, especially if they step on a Prox Mine. After that, any shot on target on the weakspot will kill. Therefore, the best way to kill is to plant the Prox Mine, then shoot with your least-recoil weapon, so that you get to adjust and shoot again if you should miss.

- Chainsaws

There is actually no chance in hell of these guys getting you on their own, since their AI and animation gives you more than enough warning and time to get out of their way. The only danger is someone else tagging and stunning you for them to do their thing.

So. Back to walls. There are several good places on the Ship Deck to do this. Now shoot at their eye. When they're stunned, step forward and unload guns on them BEFORE hitting the melee prompt at the last moment.

FIRE is also a great ally, and that's why there are tons of flame grenades lying around - such as that free flame-loaded G.Launcher sitting there. Remeber: Unload first, then melee.

There are also Rockets for when they show up two at a time.

But the most important thing to remember is this: Blue Pants gets up, Red Pants don't. Therefore, always kill the red one first, (to avoid a Berserk Blue + a Normal Red combo).

And NEVER, EVER, EVER take your eyes off the Blue corpse.

- EXECUTIONER

This guy is easy. Simply bait the overhead smash, unload guns in his face, Unload some more when he's down, melee. (Again, leave the melee till the last moment. Most noobs make the mistake of doing it immediately and passing out a golden opportunity to rain down bullets.)

BUT NEVER Combo melee him twice.

When he gets up, run right past him and repeat.

A long narrow corridor is best. Avoid fighting him in wide open spaces unless you're proficient. This helps you funnel the regular enemies more than anything to do with the Executioner. Again, the regular goons are what actually kills you.

Also, is there any advanced tricks with Wesker for properly using the dash and knee cannon?

To get anything out of it at all, shoot a majini 'till he's almost dead, then Dash. While you're dashing, make a 180-degree turn and run through them again. U-turn again and THEN end with the Knee Cannon.

It's great if a partner is around, because then they can combo into the third-hit melee. It's still a big risk because you might end up dropping the combo.
#4LovethepythonPosted 2/17/2013 5:57:36 AM
It's very easy to get +5 sec bonuses with Wesker, Barry, Rebecca. Just shoot Majini in the head and melee them, their move will kill majini instantly (unless they mutate). Very good for racking up time (if you can be quick). Barry's headbutt and Wesker's palm thrust move is especially quick.

If there is a group you can stun them with a flash then melee them each is quicker. If you have another suitable way to deal with Duvalias and such.
---
4 scratchy yummy.
#5AssassinRAPosted 2/27/2013 5:44:53 PM
The biggest mistake i see newer players make is standing still too long.
+ take 2 shot max w/ a handgun before moving. if you stand still too long you will get grabbed.

+ Reload in quick inventory. Use [ ] to highlight and combine / reload guns
>you can do this during a melee attack - climbing ladders etc

+ Learn and utilize invincibility frames.
> You cant be damage/grabbed during the following actions.
* Picking up anything on the ground
* jumping over a fence or down a ledge
* climbing a ladder
* perfoming a melee attack

+ Stay seperate!
> AI gets confused when both players are close together. They tend to turn and run around more which makes it difficult to get an easy clean head shot to lead up to a Melee.

+ Dont carry around ammo for your partner.
> If your partner is accross the map and your holding onto 50 HG bullets just incase you guys cross paths. HG bullets have a less chance of dropping from enemies.
You are better off dropping them from your inventory so the chance of them dropping goes up.
#6AssassinRAPosted 2/27/2013 5:57:53 PM
In regards to Wesker knee cannon.
+Wesker S T A R S Samurai edge - 1 shot to body, 1 shot to leg then dash = Melee kill, works great w/ if you can lay that into 2-3 zombie quickl then dash

+Or if there is a zombie walking up behind another zombie 1 body shot + 1 leg shot dash through then knee cannon zombie behind for quick +10sec.

+ If you want to Melee kill a parasite its x2 shot to body w/ Samurai edge then 1 shot w/ Magnum to body + dash.

Wesker Midnight
+ Midnight's HG has pierce
+If you have a crowd of zombies lay a few shots into the crowd and dash back and forth. you can get up to +10-20 secs

+If you shoot a zombie in the head and there is another one close delay your cobra strike or try to push the stunned zombie into the other to get multi - melee kill.

+ Flash are gold!!! kills dulvias instant and parasite instant.

#7kitsune2222Posted 3/19/2013 6:04:20 AM
AssassinRA posted...

+ Reload in quick inventory. Use [ ] to highlight and combine / reload guns
>you can do this during a melee attack - climbing ladders etc

When I climb ladders the option to reload is greyed out.
#8XFactor1Posted 3/21/2013 5:40:44 AM
Play like me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eNDc9oaq-Y

1 Grenade also significantly weakens the Reaper in the Mines.
If you use 1 grenade, you will only have to shoot it's weak spot on the chest once to finish it off .

Playing as Chris on Mines - DUO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSAYjKHRI2s

Playing as Battlesuit Jill on Assembly - DUO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDSSe77_src

SS ranks are easy to get in Duo mode. It only requires 150K points.
---
--
#9patacabbitPosted 3/27/2013 5:34:01 AM
Find some good partners
---
The Topic Killer
#10AssassinRAPosted 3/27/2013 1:04:37 PM
with the Reload on ladders.

in the quick menu use [ ] to highlight the ammo(will have greenish square around it)
The [ ] again on the gun. it will reload your weapon.

you dont want to actually choose the "Reload" option.