This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I just end the series at RE5?

#1GangrenousKhanPosted 9/18/2013 8:28:14 AM
When I pick games to play from videogame franchises, I try to pick the very best, while neglecting to play other games in the franchise because of a loss of quality that franchises seem to suffer after awhile. There have been exceptions to this of course (MGS).

I am fairly new to the Resident evil franchise. I downloaded and watched/played all of the Resident evil movies and the first 2 video games (RE1 and RE2) over the past week. My plan is to round the series off with RE 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. I am most likely not going to play 6, since, according to the general consensus, it is a complete mess, which contrasts with the other games because they got very good reviews. Not only that, but I heard that the primary story line started with RE1 ended in 5. So 6 sounds like it is some kind of addendum.

Without giving away any spoilers, can anyone tell me if I will be able to get a full quality story with RE 5 and call it a day?
---
"He raged at the world, at his family, at his life. But mostly he just raged." - Raging Goblin flavor text, Magic the Gathering Card
#2GaullerPosted 9/19/2013 10:34:37 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#3este914Posted 9/19/2013 11:19:42 AM
I'd play in this order;

0, 1, 2, 3, C:VX, 4, 5, 6, Revelations

Have fun!
---
...::: este914 :::...
The One & Only!
#4doobiemaster420Posted 9/23/2013 6:12:38 PM
truly you can just stop at re4, play everything on the ps1 and ps2 and dont worry about anything after.

Make sure you get the outbreak files 1 and 2, they always tend to get looked over but they are really awesome.
---
"Oh, you think darkness is your ally. You merely adopted the dark; I was born in it." Bane.
#5millimaynePosted 9/29/2013 8:14:36 PM
^ Agree with that, but I also recommend playing 5 and Revelations. 5 is an ok game, just not a great Resident Evil game. It is amazing for co-op though! And the story does have value for fans who have played the past games in the series.

And then Revelations is just fantastic.
---
"It's official, you SU-" *bam!* The last words of Shao Khan before getting Liu Kang'd
#6torey_caylorPosted 10/6/2013 3:57:59 AM(edited)
After beating RE 1,2,3, play Veronica X (direct sequel to RE2), REmake and RE0. Then call it quits.

Don't even bother with RE5 and 6. RE4 is a bad Resident Evil game, but an ok standalone title.. Lots of people like it.
---
If I offended you, you needed it!
#7RiKuToTheMiGhtYPosted 10/12/2013 3:18:01 PM
RE 5 is a lot better then RE 6 but is not as good to long time fans as RE 4 as some of the new stuff in RE 5 is not good but RE 6 is by far the worst of the series to date which is pretty sad as RE 5 should have been as "low" as they went but RE 6 is far worse.

I have not even bothered with the collectibles or even finished RE 6 as I never played Ada's campaign after beating the other 3, and of the three Leon's is the best but still could have been better. In RE 5 I got every collectible and all the DLC as I still liked RE 5 enough but RE 6 was a let down.
---
doa-plus.com - We Press Forward. . . By Pressing Back.
#8Plant42Posted 10/20/2013 2:08:45 PM
Anything that has come out after 5 with Resident Evil in the title has been awful.
#9DestinyKnotPosted 10/21/2013 6:30:39 AM
Plant42 posted...
Anything that has come out after 5 with Resident Evil in the title has been awful.

Except for Mercs. 3D 'n' Revelations ^____^;
#10Plant42Posted 10/21/2013 9:28:53 AM
DestinyKnot posted...
Plant42 posted...

Except for Mercs. 3D 'n' Revelations ^____^;

Mercs 3D? Are you serious?