This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I just end the series at RE5?

#21scrapthecapPosted 12/15/2013 6:33:01 PM
I head everyone was saying how disappointing and awful RE 5 was. after playing it for a week. i must say i am glad i didn't lsiten to the nay sayers. it's a good game. very fun to play and entertaining.
#22CDuGPosted 12/18/2013 8:42:11 AM
Blah blah blah whine whine whine opinion after entitled opinion

Seriously, RE5 was great and I've played the series from the start.

6 was an awful mess. End it at 5. I wish I had. I remember when they announced 6 I was worried. Because 5 was critically well-received and enjoyed by anyone who actually played it with an open mind. But the internet being full of babies everyone was complaining that it should have been more like this entry or that game. So Capcom made 6 and said "here you go internet, everything you asked for mashed into one awful game that is inconsistent and makes no sense".

RE 1-5 can be viewed as one story and shows a nice, IMO natural evolution of a series as the technology and hardware advanced. 6 is the bastard child that should have been aborted.

And of course, everyone here will tell you about the side games you should play too. I like Outbreak, but none of them are required to enjoy or understand the games up to 5. RE5 is full of files that tell you literally everything about the series and characters up to that point.
#23LeftiesRulePosted 12/20/2013 8:41:22 PM
CDuG posted...
6 was an awful mess. End it at 5. I wish I had. I remember when they announced 6 I was worried. Because 5 was critically well-received and enjoyed by anyone who actually played it with an open mind.

Well if he's a "SURVIVOR HORROR" fan. He should just end the series at CVX.

And what's with this 1-5 crap? CV/Zero/Revelations are part of the official series too.
#24CDuGPosted 12/20/2013 11:17:55 PM
LeftiesRule posted...
CDuG posted...
6 was an awful mess. End it at 5. I wish I had. I remember when they announced 6 I was worried. Because 5 was critically well-received and enjoyed by anyone who actually played it with an open mind.

Well if he's a "SURVIVOR HORROR" fan. He should just end the series at CVX.

And what's with this 1-5 crap? CV/Zero/Revelations are part of the official series too.

Nit-picking. I know all the die-hards like to include those as mains. It's also one of the reasons why die-hard RE fans can't seem to have any kind of conversation with anyone who isn't. The core fact is this. capcom made the series. Capcom numbered the main games. Anything else is a side game. It can be super relevant to the oevrall story or even a better game. But it's not part of the main numbered series. Just the way it is. Anything beyond that is opinion. And you can be a survivor horror fan (without capitalizing it...) and still find RE5 to be a great game. It was a natural evolution to the series. How many times are we supposed to suspend disbelief and think the same people are going to walk into these situations, check their pockets and say "6 bullets, a hair clip and a lighter. Yep, I'm good." Just doesn't make sense. The enemies need to get stronger and so do the heroes and the hardware needs to progress. 6 was a mess because Capcom thought they should try to give everyone what they wanted and nobody was happy. For all the pissing and moaning that people do about 5 (and even 4) they were well-received critically, they sold well and people liked playing them. Nothing good came from 6.
#25Lord_Shadow_19Posted 12/21/2013 2:59:15 PM
My opinion is that you should play all of them just to be able to form your own opinion.

As for RE5 and RE6, I think RE5 is an absolute blast if you have a friend to play with, multiplayer mercenaries especially is some of the most fun I've had on PS3, however I didn't care for RE6 too much at all, it lost the charm that the previous games had, like it was as if Activision designed the game or something (not ragging on Activision or anything, just that it wasn't truly Resident Evil). The controls were improved but overall I just found the game boring, the characters were kinda dull, the campaign was kinda meh to me, and worst of all, despite the improved controls, I didn't enjoy mercenaries at all.

with all that said, you might feel very differently.
---
Playing: Fallout New Vegas, Battlefield 4, CoD Ghosts.
PSN: Entropy19
#26Syn_VengeancePosted 12/23/2013 7:22:26 PM
CDuG posted...

6 was an awful mess. End it at 5. I wish I had. I remember when they announced 6 I was worried. Because 5 was critically well-received and enjoyed by anyone who actually played it with an open mind. But the internet being full of babies everyone was complaining that it should have been more like this entry or that game. So Capcom made 6 and said "here you go internet, everything you asked for mashed into one awful game that is inconsistent and makes no sense".

RE 1-5 can be viewed as one story and shows a nice, IMO natural evolution of a series as the technology and hardware advanced. 6 is the bastard child that should have been aborted.

And of course, everyone here will tell you about the side games you should play too. I like Outbreak, but none of them are required to enjoy or understand the games up to 5. RE5 is full of files that tell you literally everything about the series and characters up to that point.

Comes on here and starts his post by making fun of people who whine and entitled opinions.

Proceeds to start crying and whining about RE6, then calls people babies while acting like one. Throws around his "entitled opinion" while complaining some more, then throws his opinion around even more.

Pot calling the Kettle black.

Logic Folks.
---
Playing Resident Evil 6, Need for Speed Rivals, Battlefield 4, Splinter Cell Blacklist
#27CDuGPosted 12/24/2013 8:27:34 AM
Syn_Vengeance posted...
CDuG posted...

Comes on here and starts his post by making fun of people who whine and entitled opinions.

Proceeds to start crying and whining about RE6, then calls people babies while acting like one. Throws around his "entitled opinion" while complaining some more, then throws his opinion around even more.

Logic Folks.

Touche.

However, I always find an irony in the amount of people on an RE5 board that complain about RE5. Now, if I were on the RE6 board saying it was a mess, then I'd be a bigger hypocrite. But for now, I'll give you that.
#28Syn_VengeancePosted 12/24/2013 12:49:40 PM
CDuG posted...
Syn_Vengeance posted...
CDuG posted...

Logic Folks.

Touche.

However, I always find an irony in the amount of people on an RE5 board that complain about RE5. Now, if I were on the RE6 board saying it was a mess, then I'd be a bigger hypocrite. But for now, I'll give you that.

Fair enough.
---
Playing Resident Evil 6, Need for Speed Rivals, Battlefield 4, Splinter Cell Blacklist
#29scrapthecapPosted 12/24/2013 10:08:17 PM
i just started playing this 3 weeks ago. loving it.
#30DethroneRoyaltyPosted 1/3/2014 4:43:37 AM
RE6 is not a bad game, the only thing that makes the game slightly boring is the poor level design, but everything else is great.(BTW it's controls are better than RE5)
---
Vincit Omnia Veritas