This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I've been seeing players with hacked equipments online lately...

#1The_Lost_SabrePosted 1/13/2014 7:46:14 PM
I just got back to playing RE5 since 2-3 years and I've seen players with Infinite L. Hawk (read as 9999 ammos on preparation screen) or with with Infinite Gold Egg, even with Infinite Ammo option turned off when I host a game. The heck?

I never seen players with equipments like those back then. Guess hacked PS3 are all the rage these days. : /
---
"You shall find no such tasty diversions in the afterlife!" ~ The Void
In the Void, you shall find your eternal paradise... of everyday randomness...
#2scrapthecapPosted 1/14/2014 12:54:19 PM
PC mod?
#371ravnPosted 1/18/2014 9:59:44 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#471ravnPosted 1/27/2014 12:51:10 PM
Despite their usefulness, I dislike hacked GEs.
1. I prefer the extra slot for ammo/health and grenades. Hacked GEs are like a more-useful Vest -- you can't remove it, meaning there's less you can pick up.
2. It screws with something, making them hard to get rid of. I dunno what it is, but my "Give" option was greyed out one time but working okay the next, same for my "Remove" option. So I had to sell it.

I lost a stack of 4 legit GEs to a hack, but it's so far back the exact details are fuzzy. Same as #2 -- couldn't remove or give it, had to sell them all.

Makes it even worse that some players will force it onto you; in some cases, even after you dispose of it. As for everyone running around with hacks, just the other day I was helping a guy start his first playthrough (=Normal) and go for the completion trophy. And then he hands me a hacked gold egg...
#5SlNFULPosted 1/28/2014 9:40:20 PM
the golden egg is actually a mod glitch...what your suppose to do is sell it once then you can remove it making it infinite again next time you equip it, if you don't want it at all just sell it twice and it'll be gone for good till someone else gives it to you again lol...and same thing applies for grenades

anyways i personally don't approve of ppl hacking especially when this game so easy with all the powerful guns you get later on...hacking just seems pointless n boring so i avoid them xD
---
Lying, cheating, stealing and greedy...yup that's human nature for ya xD
#6The_Lost_Sabre(Topic Creator)Posted 1/31/2014 11:00:52 PM(edited)
The only use for hacking RE5 is getting that Samurai Edge and Px4. Man, I wish I have those (without infinite ammo) but I don't have a second controller... :'(

More into aesthetic stuff than making the game easier than it already is.
---
#7LovethepythonPosted 2/4/2014 11:52:29 AM
The_Lost_Sabre posted...
The only use for hacking RE5 is getting that Samurai Edge and Px4. Man, I wish I have those (without infinite ammo) but I don't have a second controller... :'(

More into aesthetic stuff than making the game easier than it already is.

If you ever get another controller I will hook you up with them. Yes they aren't infinite. They are soo fun to use them in story mode and very rare to find them not infinite.

If you do get another one, send a message or friend request with a brief message so I know it's you.
---
PSN ID: TurnipGuy
#8Syn_VengeancePosted 2/4/2014 6:57:11 PM
I have Infinte eggs, grenades (all 3 types), prox bombs and I also have Weskers Samarai Edge, Barrys Samarai Edge and Jills Px4.

The guns arent Infinite though.

I dont use any of the infinite stuff but somebody modded them into my save when I asked for the guns.
---
My personal Game of the Year for 2013: Splinter Cell Blacklist
#9The_Lost_Sabre(Topic Creator)Posted 2/4/2014 8:58:32 PM
I'll see if I can somehow borrow my brother's PS3 controller, given that he doesn't play his PS3 often. :]
---
#1071ravnPosted 2/10/2014 8:32:41 PM
SlNFUL posted...
anyways i personally don't approve of ppl hacking especially when this game so easy with all the powerful guns you get later on...hacking just seems pointless n boring so i avoid them xD

I hear that. But aside from wanting the extra slot, the other reasons I don't want it is:
1) it's useless for reviving your partner
2) it's being far slower than the spray/herb.

The end of Chapter 1 is a great example of why. Say that you're Dying in a chokepoint -- the alleys beneath the Agitator's platform, on the stairs, or in a room being flooded from multiple entry points. Your partner pulls a Rambo, mowing down the Manjini and saving you from a killing blow. If both players have:
-SPRAY/HERB: Your partner can revive you with anywhere from partial-to-full health; animation is really quick, taking less than five seconds. The sprayee can start moving/shooting again the instant they're sprayed, but they can also take damage. If there is invincibility in this, it would be sprayer-only.
-EGGS: Your partner only resuscitates you, leaving your health still Critical; including that, the entire process is pretty long, guesstimation maybe 5-10 seconds. Also, while you're invincible from the minute you crack the egg to the minute you finish it, your R3 is locked -- meaning you can't move, your FoV is locked to dead-ahead, and your only clue someone's behind you is stuff swinging through you (=God bless invincibility!) or getting attacked from behind. So for all the good hacked gold eggs can do, IMO, they're kind of a BOHICA waiting to happen -- it's only a matter of when **it happens

All that said, I've also had the unpleasant experience of people thinking they're being nice...and just dumping hacked egg(s) on me without even asking if I'd like one. Three cases so far:
1. The unwanted gift that kept on giving. The guy gave me an egg, then replaced it with another when I removed it. This went on several more times before I finally took it, more to get him to stop, but also since this was before the "Inject Wesker" fight in Chapter 6-3.
2. Same as the above, mostly; only worse because he explained what it was (unnecessarily), then tried to convince me I absolutely needed it -- on Normal. Dunno why I'd need it when Green Herbs are ridiculously plentiful. As for the issues, firstly, gold eggs given just like can be expected to be hackedl thus I don't want them. Second, an item's name pops up below the inventory when you highlight it, so no explanation is necessary:
(http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/100085876-3.jpg)
(http://www.danbirlew.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/re5-015.jpg)
And lastly, being that non-stop unwanted gift is already annoying. Trying to convince me I need it (when I don't want it)(on Normal) is just a piss-off. (=I blacklisted him.)
3. Best (and only) case so far. Gave me one, but took the hint when I sold it and 101'd him why I didn't want one.