This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Am I missing something? (control type A)

#1Cartwheel_KickPosted 2/28/2014 2:52:51 PM
How do people quickturn + aim AND run using this? It's way too much of a handful to press X while operating both sticks. One of the control types allow you to run pressing L3 or R3, but not type A nor B. Am I missing something or are people playing with theirs right hands' fingers skewed to both operate the right control stick and press X to run?
#2PoopMasterGoetzPosted 3/11/2014 3:59:28 AM
Cartwheel_Kick posted...
are people playing with theirs right hands' fingers skewed to both operate the right control stick and press X to run?

This. I have my thumb on the right joystick, my middle finger on the R buttons, and my index finger on the face buttons. It's awkward to learn but it's comfortable once you get used to it.
---
GT: Triple Escape || PSN: Condragulations
http://www.facebook.com/gotacoolname
#3Cartwheel_Kick(Topic Creator)Posted 3/14/2014 9:15:42 AM
Okay thanks. I couldn t imagine someone would get used to it, but Ill try.
#4PoopMasterGoetzPosted 3/15/2014 8:55:50 PM(edited)
It's nice not only because it lets you quick turn while running, but it lets you rotate the camera to look around while running, so you can look to your side without stopping. It just really smooths out the gameplay.

Also, I tend to shift my fingers when I'm in the inventory. Like, after I press triangle to open it, I move my thumb to the face buttons and my index finger to the shoulder buttons, and then I shift them back to how I explained it before (thumb on joystick, index on face buttons, middle finger on R buttons) when I'm out of inventory again. As for whether I use the left stick or D-pad in the inventory, I'm more used to the 360 version, for which the D-pad was small and the clear, easier choice for me. I just bought the PS3 version recently and I find myself switching between the D-pad and joystick. I'm still not used to PS3's D-pad for this game.

As a random aside while I'm thinking about it, if you haven't picked up on it, you can press the aim button (R1 for control type A, L1 for type B) to instantly equip whatever item you're highlighting and close your inventory. It's smoother than pressing X twice to equip it, especially if you're trying to do it mid-action (like when you're picking up loot) and the equip, give, discard, and use selections are grayed out until the action is finished. Since I learned that fast trick, it's my method of choice for quick-healing my partner or giving them ammo when the item I'm looking for isn't in a D-pad spot.
---
GT: Triple Escape || PSN: Condragulations
http://www.facebook.com/gotacoolname
#5Cartwheel_Kick(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2014 11:51:32 AM
PoopMasterGoetz posted...
It's nice not only because it lets you quick turn while running, but it lets you rotate the camera to look around while running, so you can look to your side without stopping. It just really smooths out the gameplay.

Also, I tend to shift my fingers when I'm in the inventory. Like, after I press triangle to open it, I move my thumb to the face buttons and my index finger to the shoulder buttons, and then I shift them back to how I explained it before (thumb on joystick, index on face buttons, middle finger on R buttons) when I'm out of inventory again. As for whether I use the left stick or D-pad in the inventory, I'm more used to the 360 version, for which the D-pad was small and the clear, easier choice for me. I just bought the PS3 version recently and I find myself switching between the D-pad and joystick. I'm still not used to PS3's D-pad for this game.

As a random aside while I'm thinking about it, if you haven't picked up on it, you can press the aim button (R1 for control type A, L1 for type B) to instantly equip whatever item you're highlighting and close your inventory. It's smoother than pressing X twice to equip it, especially if you're trying to do it mid-action (like when you're picking up loot) and the equip, give, discard, and use selections are grayed out until the action is finished. Since I learned that fast trick, it's my method of choice for quick-healing my partner or giving them ammo when the item I'm looking for isn't in a D-pad spot.

Okay thanks. Yeah I use L1 too since I found out about it...very practical.

Haven't practiced yet, when I have the time to play I'm not motivated to go through the pain of training lol. I'm honestly surprised so many people bothered to do this, especially since I can usually hold my own just fine using type D (was that the one? the strafing one). Type D feels a bit more defensive while type A feels more offensive, but in my experience it usually balances out.