This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Ndesu Battle - How to destroy that damn boulder?

#1xRyudoPosted 6/2/2014 11:22:55 AM(edited)
I swear to god I know I'm hitting it and it just never effing breaks in time. Is there any trick to breaking it early in time or are you simply screwed if you don't manage to kill Ndesu after destroying the one explosive barrel to make him drop the boulder?

Honestly I never had this much trouble with him before on Veteran. He feels even more difficult than Prof mode right now last time I played this game on Xbox360 LOL.
#2NubaruPosted 6/2/2014 12:46:05 PM
xRyudo posted...
I swear to god I know I'm hitting it and it just never effing breaks in time. Is there any trick to breaking it early in time or are you simply screwed if you don't manage to kill Ndesu after destroying the one explosive barrel to make him drop the boulder?

Honestly I never had this much trouble with him before on Veteran. He feels even more difficult than Prof mode right now last time I played this game on Xbox360 LOL.

Well I just finished this Mission on Professional yesterday and it was a B**** and a Half to do. All I can recommend is that you find a good Partner and when he gets the Bolder in his Hands just focus all Gunfire on the Bolder.
---
TWD Prediction: Daryl Dixon will DIE. Prediction Made: 10/13/13
DA Pawn: | PSN: xXmaelx | Nyx | Sorcerer | LV. 200 | Challenger |
#3scrapthecapPosted 6/2/2014 1:46:25 PM
xRyudo posted...

once he holds up the boulder, you shoot the red barrel to explode and he will drop it. and he should not pick up the boulder again.
#4scrapthecapPosted 6/2/2014 1:49:23 PM
you finished pro mode? i'm having hell of a hard time in the jill/wesker fight, chapter 5-3.
#5RED_ODAPosted 6/2/2014 2:21:02 PM

you must start shooting it as soon as the Giant grab it, track the boulder when the giant lift it up and then track it down when the giant throws it, never stop shooting it or the rock will not be destroyed before it hit you.

you finished pro mode? i'm having hell of a hard time in the jill/wesker fight, chapter 5-3.

This is the hardest part of the game, there's a luck factor if you're playing with AI partner and on Pro. Its the only part that I've got a A rank, maybe because I got angry and killed Jill and my AI partner a lot of times.
---
---
My youtube Channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/RED0ODA
#6NubaruPosted 6/2/2014 4:41:27 PM
scrapthecap posted...

Yeah, the Wesker part wasn't that bad, getting that damn device off of Jill is another Story...
---
TWD Prediction: Daryl Dixon will DIE. Prediction Made: 10/13/13
DA Pawn: | PSN: xXmaelx | Nyx | Sorcerer | LV. 200 | Challenger |
#7RED_ODAPosted 6/3/2014 3:23:08 PM
Yeah, the Wesker part wasn't that bad, getting that damn device off of Jill is another Story...

Jill's part is solved with a Grenade Launcher and a few Flash rounds.
---
---
My youtube Channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/RED0ODA
#8scrapthecapPosted 6/5/2014 9:44:16 AM
RED_ODA posted...

Jill's part is solved with a Grenade Launcher and a few Flash rounds.
---

yes, thank you. great tip. i was stuck there for the longest time. with Grenade Launcher and a few Flash rounds, that makes it like a walk in the park.
#971ravnPosted 6/10/2014 6:11:58 AM
Well I just finished this Mission on Professional yesterday and it was a B**** and a Half to do. All I can recommend is that you find a good Partner and when he gets the Bolder in his Hands just focus all Gunfire on the Bolder.
Coordinate with your partner, designate one of you to shoot the Molotov lobber. Also, IIRC, shooting one of the two archers prevents them from respawning; if this is incorrect, the designated guy gets pest control.

once he holds up the boulder, you shoot the red barrel to explode and he will drop it. and he should not pick up the boulder again.
Not immediately, but eventually he'll go back to the same spot and grab another boulder.

Play as the character that holds Jill; after reading the FAQ, I'm not even sure if the damage is fixed or the gun actually makes a difference -- either way, give your partner the S75.
Hardest part was probably Wesker/Jill. The Light Hawk is pretty much mandatory, but I had to bring in a shotgun for after he kicks me through the door because my partner tends to follow -- and walk right into his hurricane kick that sends them into Dying instantly.
---
PSN: Raven-Ghosthawk