This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

QTE Prof Mode = Different?

#1xRyudoPosted 6/7/2014 9:21:57 AM
Just wondering about this, are you required to press the button prompted more than once for Prof mode? Because I'm sure I'm pressing the button within a second and the game just pretends I never pressed it at all. This is particularly noticed in Ndesu fight for example - In Veteran Mode it would instantly react to the QTE prompt, but on Prof Mode it seems to ignore me having pressed it about 85% of the time.
#2iphan4ticPosted 6/9/2014 9:52:23 PM
On professional the QTE success window is tiny, but the on screen prompt is the same. Particularly noticeable in any engagement with Wesker.
---
PSN: LegendaryPLANK
Narcissistically opinionated.
#371ravnPosted 6/10/2014 11:49:51 AM
Forget Wesker -- try Ndesu.
---
PSN: Raven-Ghosthawk
#4scrapthecapPosted 6/10/2014 4:20:55 PM
71ravn posted...
Forget Wesker -- try Ndesu.

yes, it frustrates the hell out of me. i keep thinking that the game program is not working. i press the key as quickly as i can, anticipating the prompt. wham, i still got whacked by Ndesu.

so far in pro mode in finished every chapter, except for 2-3.
#5scrapthecapPosted 6/11/2014 2:07:01 AM(edited)
finally defeated ndesu, finished chapter 2-3, and completed pro mode. died 43 times, took me 1:43:00, once the easiest part in amateur mode turns out to be the hardest in pro mode.

there is some luck involved, since ndesu's and the majinis'attack pattern are not the same in every play.
#671ravnPosted 6/11/2014 9:13:24 PM
Ndesu's is small like you wouldn't believe. There were times where I pressed the correct button and still got hit.
---
PSN: Raven-Ghosthawk
#7TarrumPosted 6/13/2014 4:41:56 AM
Broken QTEs spoil the entire game on that difficulty. Its the main reason I dont play it and stick to veteran.
---
My name isnt Tarrum anymore, please ignore the name associated with my posts. From now on I want you all to call me "Mongo". Edit quotes as needed.
#8LovethepythonPosted 6/13/2014 6:19:02 PM
Are you pressing the right button first? Because in pro pressing the wrong one first will = automatic fail even if you press right one after in time. You need to press the right button first. Makes dodging in pro way more harder.
---
PSN ID: TurnipGuy
#9LeftiesRulePosted 6/13/2014 10:56:53 PM
On the professional You have to be quicker to press the QTS.

If it helps during the cutscenes or gameplay keep your fingers on the buttons or close to the buttons, 360(LT+RT OR A+X/B) OR PS3(L1+R1/L2+R2 OR X+Square/O).
---
Claire Redfield is the hottest female protagonist in the RE series/franchise.