This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Question about install data...

#1TheLazyClownPosted 6/29/2014 2:51:31 PM
so I need to delete a few things off my PS3 and I notice I have Installation data from Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition. If I delete the normal version install data. Will it affect the Gold Edition date? I need to know. Thanks.
---
We need more kids watching Anime than playing Call of Duty
If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don't fight, you can't win! - Eren Jaeger
#2TheLazyClown(Topic Creator)Posted 7/19/2014 12:16:30 PM
bump
---
If you win, you live. If you lose, you die. If you don't fight, you can't win! - Eren Jaeger
#3Akay4Posted 8/2/2014 12:43:00 PM
I don't believe so. I believe Gold just installs 1 Gold Edition, because that's all I have.
#4TheLazyClown(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2014 8:03:58 PM
Akay4 posted...
I don't believe so. I believe Gold just installs 1 Gold Edition, because that's all I have.

I played the original and platinumed the game when I was borrowing it from a friend. Then I bought the Gold Edition months after, so my data was transferred. So it won't be affected??
---
#5Akay4Posted 8/3/2014 5:00:42 PM
I never played the original and have been playing through Gold, and I haven't had to install anything except for Gold Edition data, so I don't think so.
#6scrapthecapPosted 8/4/2014 6:18:18 PM
I have both original and the gold edition and both installed. I pop in either disk and played without any problem.
#7TheLazyClown(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2014 6:43:41 PM
scrapthecap posted...
I have both original and the gold edition and both installed. I pop in either disk and played without any problem.

that's not my question. My question is if I have both original and gold edition installed, and I delete the original, will my whole file be affected???
---
#8IkasnuPosted 8/4/2014 7:16:29 PM
If its game data, you're fine and wont lose Gold. But to play it you would have to re-install and update. If its your save data, you will lose everything.
---
I love Brianna Nicole Smith .
#9IkasnuPosted 8/4/2014 7:18:42 PM
So just save your save data. You can delete game data as that usually just consist of updates and such.
---
I love Brianna Nicole Smith .