This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Surprised by online activity

#1IkasnuPosted 8/11/2014 4:08:46 PM
Seems that there are still a lot of people playing this game, I like that. Trying to platinum it after not playing it for a few years. Re4 got this all started.
---
I love Brianna Nicole Smith .
#2scrapthecapPosted 8/11/2014 7:53:08 PM
there are. the gold edition is still fetching pretty good price on ebay.

i got my ps3 late, last christmas. i have been playing it almost daily since then.

if capsom is smart enough, they should look at RE5 and figure out what to do with RE7.
#3tearsofsorrowPosted 8/12/2014 9:02:23 AM
I restarted playing RE5 a few weeks ago, and I have gotten really addicted to it. Still haven't made it pass amateur level yet.

Will definitely try for the platinum but I see that the online trophies will require some boosting. But, with the online activity boosting should be no problem.

Hey, if anyone needs help with the online trophies feel free to add me.
---
"And I look again towards the sky as the raindrops mix with the tears that I cry." ~ Unknown.
PSN: ronin_leon
#4Ikasnu(Topic Creator)Posted 8/12/2014 9:48:51 AM
The original game has online trophies? I know the dlc ones do, but you don't have to do those for platinum.
---
I love Brianna Nicole Smith .
#5scrapthecapPosted 8/12/2014 10:23:46 AM
i actually need help in getting some trophies in versus. it seems like those slayers/survivors players online are just too good. i have not able to win one match. though i have been playing, practicing a lot, i have gotten better. but compare to those online players, i am not even close to their rank. i just need someone that i can beat. :)
#6tearsofsorrowPosted 8/12/2014 12:59:10 PM
Ikasnu posted...
The original game has online trophies? I know the dlc ones do, but you don't have to do those for platinum.

Yes, that's quite true. Also, just to see the game to 100% trophy completion.

@scrapthecap what's your psn id, I'll add you for a couple of those versus matches.
---
"And I look again towards the sky as the raindrops mix with the tears that I cry." ~ Unknown.
#7scrapthecapPosted 8/12/2014 1:22:07 PM
tearsofsorrow

my psn id: chuckarelei
i'm in the u.s .west coast, pacific time zone. i usually get on at night. try to play a couple hours before bed time. please mention gamefaq if you have a different alias. that way i know who that is.
#8tearsofsorrowPosted 8/13/2014 4:34:59 AM
scrapthecap posted...
tearsofsorrow

my psn id: chuckarelei
i'm in the u.s .west coast, pacific time zone. i usually get on at night. try to play a couple hours before bed time. please mention gamefaq if you have a different alias. that way i know who that is.

Will do.
I'm in the Eastern Caribbean time zone, night-time is only time I get to play as well.
---
#9simonbelmont2Posted 8/15/2014 8:17:07 AM
scrapthecap posted...

i got my ps3 late, last christmas. i have been playing it almost daily since then.

if capsom is smart enough, they should look at RE5 and figure out what to do with RE7.

The 360 version also still has a lot of players online much to my surprise.
I don't think Capcom should use RE5 as a model for RE7 though. I really like RE5 but it does have some flaws. It is also a weird hybrid of a horror action game with controls that were better suited to RE4 than RE5. RE6 has a similar identity crisis as it tried to be a bunch of different games in one such as stealth, survival horror and action.

For RE7 Capcom should stick to just one style of gameplay and do it well. That back to basics approach would be refreshing.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#10scrapthecapPosted 8/15/2014 5:45:46 PM
simonbelmont2 posted...
scrapthecap posted...

The 360 version also still has a lot of players online much to my surprise.
I don't think Capcom should use RE5 as a model for RE7 though. I really like RE5 but it does have some flaws. It is also a weird hybrid of a horror action game with controls that were better suited to RE4 than RE5. RE6 has a similar identity crisis as it tried to be a bunch of different games in one such as stealth, survival horror and action.

For RE7 Capcom should stick to just one style of gameplay and do it well. That back to basics approach would be refreshing.

as much as some said that old (original) survival horror should be the way capcom goes. i just don't think that style will sell in today's gamers market. it was refreshing and new back then. action orientated games are what the market is these days. look what RE 5 people say about the DLC; the 'lost in nightmare' does not have the same attraction as 'desperate escape' and 'mercenaries reunion'. that alone says about how the original survival horror will flair if it is in RE7.

one though i wish capsom would do is to make users' designed map/stages possible (like in the old days of doom). such as how pc RE5 players have modded the games and new costumes and stages in mercenaries.