This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Surprised by online activity

#11simonbelmont2Posted 8/16/2014 4:06:00 AM
scrapthecap posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...
scrapthecap posted...
there are. the gold edition is still fetching pretty good price on ebay.

i got my ps3 late, last christmas. i have been playing it almost daily since then.

if capsom is smart enough, they should look at RE5 and figure out what to do with RE7.

The 360 version also still has a lot of players online much to my surprise.
I don't think Capcom should use RE5 as a model for RE7 though. I really like RE5 but it does have some flaws. It is also a weird hybrid of a horror action game with controls that were better suited to RE4 than RE5. RE6 has a similar identity crisis as it tried to be a bunch of different games in one such as stealth, survival horror and action.

For RE7 Capcom should stick to just one style of gameplay and do it well. That back to basics approach would be refreshing.

as much as some said that old (original) survival horror should be the way capcom goes. i just don't think that style will sell in today's gamers market. it was refreshing and new back then. action orientated games are what the market is these days. look what RE 5 people say about the DLC; the 'lost in nightmare' does not have the same attraction as 'desperate escape' and 'mercenaries reunion'. that alone says about how the original survival horror will flair if it is in RE7.

one though i wish capsom would do is to make users' designed map/stages possible (like in the old days of doom). such as how pc RE5 players have modded the games and new costumes and stages in mercenaries.

I agree and I reckon the series will never go back to the old school survival horror style. RE6 gets a lot of flak but one thing I loved is how it updated the controls to something more modern and fun to use. The quick shot mechanic alone was a godsend and RE5 could've really benefited from something like that.

Capcom need to make up their mind which style of RE game they want to make and stick to it. Trouble arises when they try to please old fans and newcomers alike by making games that try to be a jack of all trades.

I'd like RE7 to be like the early parts of Leon's campaign in RE6: those chapters married the modern RE controls with nice survival horror style locales, enemies and atmosphere. That combination works well and it could be a good foundation for RE7. It's a shame Leon's campaign in RE6 fell apart in the final chapters as that ruined it for me.
---
and when he crossed the bridge the phantoms came to meet him
#12zenandiPosted 8/17/2014 7:40:46 AM
simonbelmont2 posted...
I'd like RE7 to be like the early parts of Leon's campaign in RE6: those chapters married the modern RE controls with nice survival horror style locales, enemies and atmosphere. That combination works well and it could be a good foundation for RE7. It's a shame Leon's campaign in RE6 fell apart in the final chapters as that ruined it for me.

I agree completely with this sentiment.

This. Then Revelations, and also the Lost in Nightmares DLC for RE 5. All of these things prove to me that the current gameplay controls certainly can deliver a more classic feel without going back to the stone age.
#13simonbelmont2Posted 8/17/2014 11:05:37 AM
zenandi posted...
simonbelmont2 posted...

I agree completely with this sentiment.

This. Then Revelations, and also the Lost in Nightmares DLC for RE 5. All of these things prove to me that the current gameplay controls certainly can deliver a more classic feel without going back to the stone age.

Yeah I think it would be cool if RE7 had that formula. I enjoyed Revelations and Lost in Nightmares :-)
---
#14scrapthecapPosted 8/17/2014 8:53:50 PM
i actually don't mind the 'tank control' of RE4 & RE5. it did take some get used to. but once get used to it, it's not that big of a deal. just take a look at some of those you-tube videos, elite players have no problem mastering the game movement.

one thing about left & right strafing; most of that are from 1st person shooters. as a 1st person, you don't see how awkward the movement is. so you don't see the lack of realism as 1st person. however, RE4 & RE5 are 3rd person shooters, you can see your characters' movement. the way how the characters move and behave, it fits the body physics. however, if you look at the movement of RE6 with strafing. it looks totally against the laws of biomechanics/physics. so strafing is good for 1st person shooters like halo or call of duty. but as 3rd person, i think RE4 & 5 are the best have to offer.
#15scrapthecapPosted 8/18/2014 1:20:03 PM
i am now so stuck on the RE5 control, i am now having a hard time playing tombraider 2013. lara keeps getting killed last night because of me keep thinking that 180 degree quick turn control. :)
#16Arc166Posted 8/20/2014 5:45:35 AM
Also surprised its active but the amount of cheaters really hampers the fun. I think I've had 1 person ever join not using the infinite golden egg and the last guy I played with was spamming infinite flash grenades. On enemies with masks. Which I was trying neck break.

I don't think he was trying to troll or anything, more like he just never actually learned how to play

Still preferable to Shiva, tho', since I don't need to babysit them like I've been having to her
#17simonbelmont2Posted 8/21/2014 7:42:40 AM
scrapthecap posted...
i actually don't mind the 'tank control' of RE4 & RE5. it did take some get used to. but once get used to it, it's not that big of a deal. just take a look at some of those you-tube videos, elite players have no problem mastering the game movement.

one thing about left & right strafing; most of that are from 1st person shooters. as a 1st person, you don't see how awkward the movement is. so you don't see the lack of realism as 1st person. however, RE4 & RE5 are 3rd person shooters, you can see your characters' movement. the way how the characters move and behave, it fits the body physics. however, if you look at the movement of RE6 with strafing. it looks totally against the laws of biomechanics/physics. so strafing is good for 1st person shooters like halo or call of duty. but as 3rd person, i think RE4 & 5 are the best have to offer.

I think the tank style controls worked better in RE4 and the older games: this is because those games didn't have as many enemies on-screen as RE5 and they had less gun toting enemies. The tank controls don't hold up as well when they are shoehorned into a game that plays like a pure third person shooter. RE6's controls work better for that kind of action game.
---
#18simonbelmont2Posted 8/21/2014 7:44:03 AM
Arc166 posted...
Also surprised its active but the amount of cheaters really hampers the fun. I think I've had 1 person ever join not using the infinite golden egg and the last guy I played with was spamming infinite flash grenades. On enemies with masks. Which I was trying neck break.

I don't think he was trying to troll or anything, more like he just never actually learned how to play

Still preferable to Shiva, tho', since I don't need to babysit them like I've been having to her

I played with a guy who used infinite stun grenades the other day; it was quite distracting.
---
#19sbn4Posted 8/22/2014 8:08:57 AM
I think Revelations is terrible and shouldn't be the direction the series should go in. But I do agree with the first 2 chapters of Leon's campaign and LiN.

And yeah, this game is fairly active. Versus mode is probably the most active, but in general the mode is not very good. Mercenaries and the story are both still pretty active on the 360. But most Mercenaries players are usually pretty terrible.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#20scrapthecapPosted 8/22/2014 9:14:17 AM
sbn4 posted...
I think Revelations is terrible and shouldn't be the direction the series should go in. But I do agree with the first 2 chapters of Leon's campaign and LiN.

And yeah, this game is fairly active. Versus mode is probably the most active, but in general the mode is not very good. Mercenaries and the story are both still pretty active on the 360. But most Mercenaries players are usually pretty terrible.

haha, like me. but i still enjoy playing.