This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Surprised by online activity

#21zenandiPosted 8/23/2014 9:35:10 AM
sbn4 posted...
I think Revelations is terrible and shouldn't be the direction the series should go in.

Why?

For me, all I'm saying is that the mansion feel was strong in that game, and I don't know how much of it was due to co-op being largely taken out. The controls were a step back, obviously.
#22sbn4Posted 8/23/2014 10:23:38 AM
Because it had the same problems that RE6 and RE4 has but to a smaller degree. It is also a much slower experience than those two games so its not fun either.

Revelation masquerades itself as a horror game. The first few chapters are filled with dark rooms or rooms with flickering lighting. But once you leave the Rachel chapter, it loses all its charm. It becomes an increasingly more action oriented game that has lost its focus. I'm not even talking about the Chris/Keith sections. I actually didn't mind those as they made no qualms of what it was trying to be. But they actually hurt the pacing of Jill's sections. It reminds me of RE4 where the game starts of ambitious but then becomes very linear and less exciting.

I also hated the enemy and level design. Nothing about a ship filled with gun metal gray corridors strikes me as interesting. So I didn't really get a mansion feel to it at all. And the enemies were just boring. Fleshy blobs that resemble Dead Space enemies is not interesting. Not to mention they are nowhere near as aggressive as DS enemies. They also made my two favorite characters boring and unlikable. Chris had a goofy line or two, but was not needed in the game. Jill was entirely unnecessary as well, but they turned her from a beautiful yet believable looking woman to some plastic looking Barbie doll with no life to her.
---
"No man should fight any war but his own."
#23Stover46Posted 8/24/2014 12:06:47 PM
This game is VERY active online. Whenever I play solo people are always trying to jump in the game, while in RE6 it's pretty dead

sbn4 posted...
They also made my two favorite characters boring and unlikable.

lolwut? Chris and Jill have been boring since RE1. They're the most boring RE characters
---
3DS FC: 4167-5373-4749 PSN: OLKv2
http://giant.gfycat.com/RaggedFlawlessDachshund.gif
#24sbn4Posted 8/24/2014 3:56:35 PM
Well sure, but that's in your opinion homie.

I think Chris is the most well developed character in the series and Jill was pretty likable in most of her games except for Revelations.
---
#25scrapthecapPosted 8/24/2014 5:38:11 PM
chris and jill are main characters of the series. they are very well developed. if not who do you think are not boring? barry? ashley graham?
#26Stover46Posted 8/25/2014 12:49:10 AM
Chris has one personality throughout the entire series "Stick to the mission, Umbrella/Wesker goes down". RE6 was the first game to actually give the guy character development
Jill has the exact same personality, except she's female, and she doesn't get the benefit of an RE6 appearance

Claire and Leon have much more personality and development, instead of just walking cardboard cutouts only focused on the mission. Hell Ashley has more of a personality than Chris and Jill, and Ashley is all kinds of annoying. But at least there's something there

Code Veronica is the best example. You go through as Claire and Steve, both going through development, both have their personality quirks, and some layers. Then when Chris shows up he just is generic action hero again
---
#27sbn4Posted 8/25/2014 5:09:13 AM
Chris has one personality throughout the entire series "Stick to the mission, Umbrella/Wesker goes down". RE6 was the first game to actually give the guy character development

*possible spoilers*

I just love when people say this. In RE5 he pretty much said "screw the mission" and went outside the jurisdiction of the BSAA to find Jill. In CVX, there was no "stick to the mission." He was trying to find his sister. He also acts angrily and recklessly when he realizes Wesker is alive and stays behind to honor his fallen team-mates. He's also caring around his sister. In RE6, as you mentioned, he starts out professional and he is very passionate about his job and the people he fights with. Then an incident makes him lose his focus and he gets emotional. Chris is always been an act first and think later kind of guy. He also has the most worthwhile relationships in the series with other characters. You can also tell all the fighting has effected him as seen in the longest elevator ride cutscene in RE6. This makes him pretty human to me.

Jill is in a similar boat. In REmake she was a fairly believable acting character. You can tell the things going on freaked her out, but she never acted like a damsel in distress. In RE3 there was no mission to speak of. Just survival. She was noticeably more confident and stronger in RE3 and yet she was never really a Mary Sue type character. And in RE5, I felt she was the most important character in the series. She gave her life to save Chris. Not to mention she became a mind slave for Wesker. What makes this interesting for me is her blood being the key to help Wesker succeed in her plan. She was basically used to create the very things she was fighting against. It makes her a tragic heroine. She was boring as hell in Revelations though.

I will agree on Claire, but Leon has not improved as a character. I like the guy, but his best role was RE2. He's also a wildly inconsistent character. One minute he's cocky and corny, then next he's a complete drone. Also, his "relationship" with Ada is becoming tired and is going nowhere. He's pretty much the cool pretty boy character who is very similar to Dante after RE2. He doesn't have much else going for him.
---
#28iphan4ticPosted 9/5/2014 8:57:08 AM
Ikasnu posted...
The original game has online trophies? I know the dlc ones do, but you don't have to do those for platinum.

I think you do. They are all listed together. The update that separated DLC trophies and vanilla trophies arrived after RE 5's DLC, so I'm certain that the system has no way to differentiate.
---
PSN: LegendaryPLANK
Narcissistically opinionated.
#29DarkD3stinyPosted 9/21/2014 1:18:37 AM
I agree with sbn4 about the RE characters. I would say that Leon is the least developed character. Because Leon is like the popular kids at school people like him and make out hes something he isent. The popular kids are usally the least developed as a character built individual anyway. They are usally shallow and just care about looks, getting chicks and popularity.
---
OI YOU. Do you want to see some dumb resi fans? then read this thread for lolz :- http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/605603-resident-evil-6/69895415
#30Stover46Posted 9/21/2014 1:43:55 AM
sbn4 posted...
He's also a wildly inconsistent character. One minute he's cocky and corny, then next he's a complete drone.

No he isn't. RE4 had Leon act the same way he's always has. That was the localization which changed him into the cocky action hero. Apparently he acted like he did in RE2 and RE6
---