i actually Liked this game

#1colossus235890Posted 1/16/2011 12:22:13 AM

i didnt find the controls all that bad. Story line was amazing. Graphics were pretty good as well, Landscape was awesome :). Plot twist. controls were tough at first. but overall they get easy and all that other fun stuff. What does everything think of this game

#2spaceboy21Posted 1/21/2011 12:47:43 PM
lol - I just picked this game up for $10 and I can't believe it got such horrible reviews/feedback. I love it. I too think the controls are fine and actually quite intuitive. You can now switch to analog stick flight controls (it wasn't there originally I guess) but though it works fine I switched back to using the sixaxis controls which seem more fluid.

I believe I only have two chapters left, but I will definitely play it again. The overall feel, landscapes, and amount of what's going on at one time are amazing. It's got a decent storyline as well. It makes me want more from the Lair universe.

I also picked up the soundtrack off of itunes and absolutely love it too. Search for John Debney Lair (I think I spelled his name right). It's incredible.
#3PS3Gamer5000Posted 1/22/2011 9:56:49 PM
I got the game when it first came out and I thought the bad reviews were sort of deserved. But that was mostly because, as stated on an X-Play review, the flight being controlled by Sixaxis exclusively wasn't good at all. After the PSN DLC that allowed you to switch to joystick control I loved the game! When you can fly around without having to worry about not tilting the controller enough (or tilting at the wrong angle) you can focus more on the stunning landscape without running face first into it.
#4spaceboy21Posted 1/24/2011 11:12:48 AM
I wonder if the version I bought got a disc pressed later or something, because without the PSN DLC (I did not download) there was a choice for analog control and it worked (I don't recall a patch downloading at install but there may have been one). The DLC mentions additional dragon types, I wonder if they really play differently or just a slight change in look.

As I mentioned, I actually liked the sixaxis controls, but I can see where others wouldn't. It should have been an option to use the sticks from the beginning and maybe this game would have gotten more legs.

I just finished it last night. The Maelstrom (2nd to last) chapter was a bit rough as I had a hard time seeing which rocks Loden was "throwing" and one time I locked onto a dragon that wasn't him and chased it around like a fool.

The last chapter was great though, and overall I really enjoyed it. I think it gave a great sense of flight/height and the chaos of a war like that. The battles with the warbeasts, ground soldiers, flying dragons all going on - were really a blast - those were the best levels.
#5PS3Gamer5000Posted 2/3/2011 10:46:39 PM
The DLC gives analog control (though you said you already got the choice... lucky XD) and two new dragons. They control the same as the first 2 dragons, they're just new body models. Can't remember what the dragons were called, but yea they're just new dragon bodies that control the same as the originals. They don't play any differently (all breath fire, all fly where you tell 'em XD)
#6spaceboy21Posted 2/9/2011 8:48:15 AM
cool, thanks. yeah I didn't bother downloading the DLC despite it being free. I didn't mind the stock dragons, so why take up HDD space.
#7ChangliniPosted 2/11/2011 12:42:07 PM
Yeah, the game is fine, especially with the commentary option unlocked.
---
NER , Oh how you haunt me.
The server El Nido is called El Nino or El Ninorino in my book
#8spaceboy21Posted 2/15/2011 7:33:49 AM
I haven't looked at the commentary option. What does that do?
#9ChangliniPosted 2/16/2011 3:23:22 AM
Oh, it's a nice option where it lets the Developers speak on each level about what they did to make it and what they were going for.

Gives you a nice insight on how hard they worked to get the game right.
---
NER , Oh how you haunt me.
The server El Nido is called El Nino or El Ninorino in my book
#10spaceboy21Posted 2/17/2011 10:55:19 AM
cool, thanks for the info.