Underrated

#1undeadeathPosted 6/2/2011 4:40:23 PM
This game was a lot of fun and fills that not so often filled void of games where you're able to ride dragons and wreak havoc. If you're able to get over the steep learning curve offered by the six axis controls or the tweaks where they allow you to use traditional gaming controls then you have a pretty nice experience on your hands. The game really makes you feel like you're in the thick of war and is surprisingly atmospheric for a near launch release couple that with the epic and majestic score, and man I don't understand all of the hate.
---
War. War never changes.
#2JezusxPosted 6/6/2011 6:32:04 PM
the game is so cheap I'll probably buy one copy in the future for less than 10$ whenever I get a PS3 I love dragons I don't care about the bad reviews
#3ThaHousePosted 6/16/2011 9:42:21 PM
Did they ever provide a patch to use the analog stick?
---
Lakers-Packers-Angels
#4undeadeath(Topic Creator)Posted 6/16/2011 11:12:58 PM
Yes. Yes, they provided that patch a while ago and I can confirm it runs a lot smoother.
---
War. War never changes.
#5troyplokhooyPosted 6/19/2011 3:28:26 PM
The analog was the first thing I changed. It was a cool idea to use the tilting to steer, but man, it gets old fast.
#6vegafooPosted 6/29/2011 3:57:10 PM
Criminally underrated. Lair was just a victim of the massive haterade that surrounded the ps3 in 2007. It's a very solid game that everyone should give a chance, especially with the price what it is now.
---
PSN: vegafoo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlP_UK6LEFc
#7spaceboy21Posted 7/5/2011 6:45:25 AM
so true - I really enjoyed playing Lair. As someone mentioned, the battles are intense, the world is interesting, and the gameplay is a blast especially once you mix up different attacks (swooping down and grabbing an enemy with the dragon, only to chuck him at other enemies is a blast!). The soundtrack/score is a real treat as well - btw you can get it on Itunes (search for John Debney). So glad when I see others enjoying it. I got this last year for $10 used, but it's worth more for sure.

I actually liked the six axis controls. It was different, but I got used to it quickly and even though the regular stick controls also are good I switched back to six axis. I don't know, if felt more like flying I guess.
#8LordRaymondPosted 7/20/2011 10:13:46 PM
The soundtrack alone is awesome however the controls are difficult.
---
PSN:LordRaymond
#9undeadeath(Topic Creator)Posted 8/14/2011 12:08:33 AM
spaceboy21 posted...
so true - I really enjoyed playing Lair. As someone mentioned, the battles are intense, the world is interesting, and the gameplay is a blast especially once you mix up different attacks (swooping down and grabbing an enemy with the dragon, only to chuck him at other enemies is a blast!). The soundtrack/score is a real treat as well - btw you can get it on Itunes (search for John Debney). So glad when I see others enjoying it. I got this last year for $10 used, but it's worth more for sure.

I actually liked the six axis controls. It was different, but I got used to it quickly and even though the regular stick controls also are good I switched back to six axis. I don't know, if felt more like flying I guess.

Thanks for the suggestion, I just bought the soundtrack.
---
Their emptiness makes me whole. Their weakness makes me strong. Their destruction is my creation.
#10Emperor VaderPosted 8/28/2011 4:40:05 PM
I remember wanting a PS3 way back when this game came out but I heard how terrible it was. After reading what you all have to say I have to give it a try for 10 bucks.
---
Turn your little Goomba into a King Koopa ^_^