Best dragon-flying game ever?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Lair
  3. Best dragon-flying game ever?
3 years ago#1
I've always wanted a game that *feels* like a dragon in flight. There should be a sense of wild exhilaration in flight, of atmosphere in the world around you, and of savagery in combat. The first dragon flying game I saw came out when I was a kid, and I never did get my hands on it--it was set in Krynn, I think.

We get contenders now and again, but most of them are crap. Drakengard featured spectacularly boring flight in my experience, and Savage Skies feels surprisingly controlled and tame (though it was my top choice amidst disappointing pickings until now).

Lair feels like flying a dragon. The Sixaxis controls are brilliant; no gamer like me should use the analog patch. It feels like holding the reins of a dragon, and *of course* the dragon can be a teensy difficult to fly. He's not simply an extension of your will, he's a giant fire-breathing monster who happens to be trained well enough to respond to you. It's like riding Agro in Shadow of the Colossus.

I'll hold off writing more adulation for this game to avoid wall-of-text syndrome, but can anyone think of a reasonable contender for best dragon flight game? Because Lair truly fits the bill.
  1. Boards
  2. Lair
  3. Best dragon-flying game ever?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived