For all you Rumble Roses fans

#1Rick ThompsonPosted 11/8/2009 5:11:11 PM
Happy to see other RR fans are taking advantage of the SVR10 ability to create stories. For u guys who dont know who I am, I'm rick thompson, writer and animator for the King of Fighters Rebirth series on youtube for the past 2 years.

Basically Im in the process of developing a RR XXX story that melds the diva's organization with the RR organization. It looks like a few of you have already got a head start on the show which is great. Once we get everything set up to get going we'd love to have some of u guys join us to make a RR XXX team. Drop me a line at my GT and let me know.

Search for my DL content on the community content page of SVR10. My gamertag is:

Nick Kang 2k9 (yes im the guy from True Crime Streets of LA)

I have 6 of some of the most accurate roses (both in skin, motif, and movesets) with the remaining main roster coming in the next few days/weeks.

As soon as the roster is complete the Divas vs Roses Story will begin. Be sure to stay tuned.
---
---
Be sure to watch the only fully animated KOF series on youtube at
www.youtube.com/rickthompson006
#2Rick Thompson(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2009 7:57:29 PM
As this weekend is coming to a close, each of the Roses have been updated to fit and look like thier original counterparts. To get access to the Roses simply search via Aisha, Candy Cane, Miss Spencer, Evil Rose, Dixie Clements, Reiko Hinomoto to gain access. Once ou search and find one created by Nick Kang 2k9 the rest you can search by "Content by creator".

For those who are lazy simply add me as a Xbox Live Friend and send a message u want the roses. This way you can search simply via friends.
---
#3MrWhitefolksPosted 11/8/2009 9:13:00 PM
As I stated in the other SvR thread, I've created four (two of which are online, the others are WIP) characters with an eye towards face builds that are inspired by games like RR/DoA and SF4. If you want to use them to pad out your roster, feel free.

Names of Characters:
Jenny Torrents - released
Allysia Helsmouth - wip, currently unreleased
Sayaka Kamiya - released
Racheal Torrents - wip, currently unreleased

Now, since I'm a stickler for details I'd like to impart some things I noticed:

Your caws look great from a distance, but the faces just don't match when close up. This is more due to the SvR CAW engine being very "eh" than anything else, but it had to be pointed out. Especially if you plan on doing stories in game, as the camera will be in their faces non-stop. Also, small details I'm sure you are working out are still on their way (like removing CC's kneepads, since she doesn't have them in RR, or the blue spots on dixies top not matching the black ones on her chaps, etc) and I'd love to see how these characters pan out.

It's rare to see people working diligently on outfit accuracy, so you must be complimented for that, 100%. I just find it a shame that many people put less effort on a face than they do the clothing, but then again - that's just my personal take. I truly hope you get your story out there, and I'll be waiting to give it a shot! :D
#4Rick Thompson(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2009 2:05:56 PM
[quote]I would be more ready to download them if we could edit movesets once downloaded. I'm not doubting your ability, but the Roses is something I'd be picky with when comes to moves. Plus you have only 6 out of the 10 original Roses though. I really dont care about Makato or Aig, but could have also put in Bloody Shadow and Anthesia as well. Im going to wait for your story and see how they play.[quote]

Thanks for the important question. You're right, with the ability not to alter movesets or intros it is a crap shoot to try and find CAWs with good set ups/moves.

Thankfully I decided to tackle this problem before I was even aware that it would be one:

Each of the Rumble Roses I create FOLLOWS a command MOTIF!

For those of you unfamiliar with a motif its a formula that many fighting/wrestling games follow. For example the standard motif for 2d fighters projectiles are QCF P/ Charge Back Tap forward P. Basically Hadokens and Sonic booms. Projectiles in those games never stem from button commands such as A,A, B,B,C,C

For the Roses I attempted to copy thier movesets as accuratly as possible from RR XX (Not RR X) barring moves that simply arent in SVR10.

As far as command motifs go please refer to the following list:

---
#5Rick Thompson(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2009 2:06:41 PM
Striking Attacks

X =A quick punch or elbow (Dixie has the big boot)

Up/Down+X= Attacks that knock the target down

Left/Right+X=Quick Attacks that stagger the target. (Better known as set ups)

Quick Grapples

Up/Down +Right Thumbstick = Quick grapples or attacks that knock the target down
Right/Left +Rght Thumbstick = Quick Grapples/attacks that stagger the target (Set ups)

Strong Grapples

(Collar n Elbow) RB+Up on R Thumbstick

These moves are "gimmick" specific. Most of the moves found in this category containes the moves that fit he character type. Example: Dixie would be Power moves, Spencer would be Technical, Reiko would be traditional ect...ect...

(Side Headlock) RB+Left on R Thumbstick

These moves contain ALL attacks that effect the targets HEAD. If you want to damage a targets head this is the grapple to go to. Down on the R thumbstick in this formation activates a pin that effects the targets head.

(Wrist Lock) RB+RIght on R Thumbstick

These moves contatin ALL attacks that effect the targets ARMS. If you want to damage a targets arm this is the grapple to go to. Down on the R thumbstick in this formation will activate a pin that effects the targets arm. UP in this formation activates each roses ULTIMATE CONTROL GRAPPLE.

(Rear Waist Lock) RB+Down on R Thumbstick

These moves contain ALL attacks that effect the targets BODY. If you want to damage a targets BODY this is the grapple to go to. Down on the R thumbstick in this formation activates a pin that effects the targets body. (Evil Rose has one head attack here)

---
#6Rick Thompson(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2009 2:08:38 PM
Ground Strike Attacks

X=Stomp
Up/Down+X=Knee Drop
Left/Right=X=Double Axe Handle

Ground Grapples (Prone/Supline)

These moves are "Gimmick" specific
Ex: Spencer gives elbows, Dixie giant swing, Candy Dirty moves

Ground Submission Grapples

Upper targets the head
Side targets the body
Lower targets the legs

Corner Strikes

X=On the top rope
RB+X="Gimmick Specific"

Corner Grapples

Up=targets the head and places opponent in sitting position
Down=targets the bod and places opponent in sitting position
Left/Right = "Gimmick Specific"

Corner Behind Grapples

Up= Spider Suplex
Down= Dirty Pin
Right=Toss into ring post
Left="Gimmick Specific"

This should be enough information to provide DL'ers with motif data so that they are aware of the RR XXX formula I use for each of them. The Roses are LIVING characters and are updated as needed. Most Finishers are from the same position they are from the orginal game...providing not all follow the same animation.

Ex: Dixie giant swing into the clover leaf from RR XX. In SVR10 The giant swing is her signature move at the feet while the Cloverleaf is the finisher from the feet.

If you have questions or need clarification on anything add me to your list or drop me a line here.

And thank you to the person who commented on the entrances. Granted they will never be as nice as they are in the original game, I'm trying to find good fits for each of them.

---
#7Rick Thompson(Topic Creator)Posted 11/9/2009 2:10:00 PM
As of 11/9 Benikage is up and now available.
---
#8Vivaldi7Posted 11/10/2009 4:41:59 AM
It's rare to see people working diligently on outfit accuracy, so you must be complimented for that, 100%. I just find it a shame that many people put less effort on a face than they do the clothing

Yeah but the thing is the ingame rendering rapes my face sculps ! :@

Each of the Rumble Roses I create FOLLOWS a command MOTIF!

This is a good idea.
I arranged my strong grapples in visual categories.
(ie. regardless which heavy grapple you start with, the following input is systemic : DOWN is a pin, RIGHT kick(s) UP power/lift move LEFT 'odd' move.

But you seem to take it to a whole new level.
Based on damage location. Good call.

Don't think I've seen any of your roses yet.
There's been a batch of new ones. I saw a few from "SniperGT" or something.. - They needed a lot of work.
Didn't stop his/her 3 buddies to give them all 5 stars. -_-

---
*Aaargh!* They made it a cosplay roster !:@!
Need a Finisher ?: http://home.planet.nl/~nes00144/indexSWW.html
#9MrWhitefolksPosted 11/10/2009 3:06:08 PM
Viv: true, the in match lighting for SvR is awful and really does show off every possible imperfection that isn't visible in the actual create mode. This is EXACTLY why I take screens of the characters and put them online as a suppliment to the actual character.

It's better to let people see your characters in action than to have them gauge your work on the DL preview, which is horribly lit AND it forces your face sculpts to mimic a pre-built face pose. :p
#10MrWhitefolksPosted 11/10/2009 5:01:57 PM
The test screenshots of my custom Candy Cane build is online. Got her fairly close to the ps2 version, while incorperating her make-up from RR:XX. Just do a quick search for "Candy Face Test 2". :D