100% Free to Play For Now

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Chronicles of Spellborn
  3. 100% Free to Play For Now

User Info: Ode1st

Ode1st
7 years ago#1
As the topic suggests, the game seems to have gone 100% free to play for now, while they convert the world to a regualr F2P model (which I assume means item shop). I'm downloading/updating now to give it a try. I never really heard of this game until I saw the news on massively.com about it being free now.

User Info: YoshIsfunky

YoshIsfunky
7 years ago#2

I was in the trail period and the game stopped working. I learn it is becoming free to play, and the current game would remain playable until that is finished. Unfortunately, it seems to have stopped working altogether. I cannot start the game or log into my account at the website. RIP I would say/ Too bad no MMORPG seems to make it big except WOW. I am playing LOTRO which is the perfect alternative. If you read this, go play LOTRO!

User Info: Red_Jester

Red_Jester
7 years ago#3
Good god I hated LOTRO. I quit playing LOTRO for this game even after the news broke about it being redeveloped. My experience with this game with barely any players was infinitely more enjoyable than LOTRO. I can only expect it to be much higher now that the population is growing.
I do benefits for all religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality. - Bob Hope
I'm right about everything, every time. 60% of the time.

User Info: Ode1st

Ode1st
7 years ago#4
I'm not a fan of Tolkien at all, and LOTRO is significantly less free than this game (in that it costs any amount of money at all :P). I'd give LOTRO a go though if it were free. No reason not to give free games a try.
  1. Boards
  2. The Chronicles of Spellborn
  3. 100% Free to Play For Now

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived