100% Free to Play For Now

#1Ode1stPosted 8/20/2009 7:42:08 PM
As the topic suggests, the game seems to have gone 100% free to play for now, while they convert the world to a regualr F2P model (which I assume means item shop). I'm downloading/updating now to give it a try. I never really heard of this game until I saw the news on massively.com about it being free now.
#2YoshIsfunkyPosted 8/22/2009 1:51:25 PM

I was in the trail period and the game stopped working. I learn it is becoming free to play, and the current game would remain playable until that is finished. Unfortunately, it seems to have stopped working altogether. I cannot start the game or log into my account at the website. RIP I would say/ Too bad no MMORPG seems to make it big except WOW. I am playing LOTRO which is the perfect alternative. If you read this, go play LOTRO!

#3Red_JesterPosted 8/23/2009 1:14:33 AM
Good god I hated LOTRO. I quit playing LOTRO for this game even after the news broke about it being redeveloped. My experience with this game with barely any players was infinitely more enjoyable than LOTRO. I can only expect it to be much higher now that the population is growing.
---
I do benefits for all religions. I'd hate to blow the hereafter on a technicality. - Bob Hope
I'm right about everything, every time. 60% of the time.
#4Ode1st(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2009 9:08:47 AM
I'm not a fan of Tolkien at all, and LOTRO is significantly less free than this game (in that it costs any amount of money at all :P). I'd give LOTRO a go though if it were free. No reason not to give free games a try.