Tales of the Abyss FAQ v5

#91X LauncherPosted 4/15/2008 8:32:28 AMmessage detail
I just bought the game a few days ago and beat it last night, so forgive me if this has already been debated at length in the past, but...*Ending SPOLIERS*

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

How long was Mr. Ending gone for?
One year. It may be strange to think of, but the game itself took place over a couple of years, and the ending scene took place a year after that.

In Daath, at the Score summit, when Luke is making his decision regarding dying to erase the miasma, Guy calls Luke a 7 year old, i.e, the age he starts the game at. Even if we assume his birthday is the day right after, I'd think it'd be strange for a whole other year to pass between that point in the game and the last battle, in order for him to be 10 in the final scene as he'd have to be.
---
Berserk - the only manga where when someone asks about horse rape, its fans reply with "Which one?" - ChunkyMonkeyLOL
#92drachemeister(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2008 11:39:12 AMmessage detail
Well, you got me thinking (though I don't think it was totally inaccurate).

It is Remday, Rem-Decan 23, year ND2018 when the game begins. Keep in mind that the party splits up a few *months* later, and get back together in the Gnome Decan (the fourth month of thirteen).

(Just explaining that things take a lot of time in this game, for whatever reason.)

Game ends in 2020 (at almost three years, as that day is towards the end of the year).

Luke could've gotten a year older towards the very end of the game.

I was thinking it could be from 1-2 years, honestly, so I said 1. Probably should change that to "around 2", lol (maybe a bit less, but not overly much).

(Never really put a ton of thought into this subject)
---
And she's gone!
#93drachemeister(Topic Creator)Posted 4/17/2008 11:41:56 AMmessage detail
The source I got it from may have gotten it from a slight misunderstanding as well.

The next year may have begun, screwing up the number that I got.
---
And she's gone!
#94avalanche wongPosted 4/23/2008 5:37:50 AMmessage detail
So, how DO I get out of Feres?
The video is already gone:
The URL contained a malformed video ID.
---
I'm sure that even if we had written 1,000 text messages back and forth, our hearts probably wouldn't have moved even 1 centimeter closer.
#95drachemeister(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2008 6:55:16 AMmessage detail
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jYbBCzAZCdk
---
And she's gone!
#96drachemeister(Topic Creator)Posted 4/23/2008 6:57:31 AMmessage detail
Ah, it was the slash at the end that was messing up the URL.
---
And she's gone!
#97avalanche wongPosted 4/23/2008 8:19:21 AMmessage detail
Ic, thanks.

To think they randomly place a ladder at the rail, just before the bridge.
Just wtf where they thinking?
"Hey I got this great idea that will confuse everyone and piss them off?"
---
I'm sure that even if we had written 1,000 text messages back and forth, our hearts probably wouldn't have moved even 1 centimeter closer.
#98Rez09Posted 4/25/2008 6:50:12 AMmessage detail
Question about stealing: can I steal from every enemy in the game, or only certain ones? It's not really that big an issue, but, I'm pretty sure that I can find something better than a grass chamber for Jade's Thunder Lance if I'm only going to be able to steal from, like, an Ogre and a certain young lady who exhibits particular displeasure at my continued existence.
---
Harken to our leader, everyone! All together now: I wanna go home!
#99drachemeister(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2008 9:05:32 AMmessage detail
I believe you can, but I don't know what you get =/

Nor do I usually steal. Tutti (from Nebilim herself) is the most obvious thing to steal, but beyond that, I have no idea.

The item guide touches on it...but it's largely incomplete when it comes to stealing, I believe.

And I don't think most enemies are worth the effort. Frankly, I haven't heard of much that's obtainable through stealing, so I assume they're worthless items.
---
And she's gone!
#100FullMetalManiaPosted 4/27/2008 2:29:10 PMmessage detail
How can I use my second Mystic Artes?

Lost Fon Drive: There are two conditions for activating this. You MUST have the Key of Lorelei equipped, and Luke MUST be in the red. His Hp bar should be red, and if left idle, he should have his right hand on his left arm like he's hurt.

Basically, you just run up to something and press X+O+[ ] in Over Limit. The Mystic Arte will activate, resulting in mass amounts of PWNage.

Fortune's Arc: This is more difficult to prepare, easier to pull off, as it requires a certain amount of sidequesting. All six of Tear's Fonic Hymns (!!) need to have been used fifty times apiece. Then, use Judgment while in Over Limit. Hold X during the Mystic Arte for the extension, which is basically extra damage and the best heal/buff in the game. Always use the extension. It costs nothing extra, and the side effects rock.

Indignation: Indignation is weird. First, Thunder Blade needs at least 200 uses. Then, enter Over Limit. You need to hold R2 for five seconds WHILE in Over Limit to activate. The easiest way is to continue holding R2 when you enter. Also results in mass PWNage.

Fever Time: Over-powered mayhem. Lucky needs at least 200 uses. Use it in Over Limit. Hits from anywhere on the field for huge damage. Strongest Mystic Arte in the game.

Brilliant Overlord: Three conditions, two of which similar to Lost Fon Drive. You need the Jewel of Gardios (!!), and Guy's Hp must be less than half. You must also have at least 150 uses on Final Cross. Use Final Cross in Over Limit to activate. This can be used more than once per battle.

Noble Roar: Two conditions: The Elven Bow (!!) must be equipped, and Piercing Line must have at least 150 uses. Use Piercing Line in Over Limit to activate. This can also be used more than once per battle.

All second Mystic Artes besides Lost Fon Drive and Brilliant Overlord require 100 Tp to activate. Lost Fon Drive and Brilliant Overlord only require 50.

(!!): The weapon or Arte is in a sidequest, missable in the case of the Fonic Hymns and Jewel of Gardios. Look 'em up in a sidequest guide.
---
State Alchemists do what they're told. Like kick butt.
Fascism: You have two cows. Your government takes both and shoots you.
More topics from this board...
Search Point problemrebel52134/9 3:46PM