I want to play all the tales games.......

#1FinalFLuverPosted 5/3/2010 5:44:31 PM

can someone tell me when this series starts?? Like what is the order of the series? I assume they are all for playstation so thats good, ive already played ToTA and ToL, but i want to play the rest........are they in north america or are they from japan only?

thanks

#2Negima15Posted 5/3/2010 6:38:15 PM
Mothership Titles in Order:
Phantasia(PSX version has a patch, GBA is in the US)
Destiny(PSX version was released in the US but it remake(only in Japan) is superior)
Eternia(PSX in America and PSP(which is in English) released in Europe)(Warning: The PSX version is known as Destiny II in America)
Destiny 2(The real sequel to Destiny and only in Japan but on the PS2 and PSP)
Symphonia(In America on the Gamecube. Has a PS2 version but only in Japan)
Rebirth(Has a PS2 and PSP version, neither of which are in America. There is someone that uploaded translation videos for the plot and the battle system though)
Legendia(PS2 and in America)
Abyss(PS2 and in America)
Innocence(On the DS in Japan only but has an English patch which is almost complete)
Vesperia(On the 360 in the US and has a PS3 remake in Japan only)
Hearts(On the DS only in Japan with a patch being made but only is very early in the works)
Graces(Wii and only in Japan)

Other Titles:
Symphonia: Dawn of the New World(On the Wii in the US and Symphonia's "sequel")
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology(On the PSP in the US and his a fanservice game with characters from Phantasia, Destiny, Eternia, Destiny 2, Symphonia, Rebirth, Legendia, and Abyss)
Tempest(On the DS in Japan only)

That's it aside from other titles which are crossovers/fanservice/side stories.
---
Memento mori...
Hopeful Dreamer
#3Patty_FleurPosted 5/3/2010 6:39:20 PM
Many of the games are japanese only. I suggest you start out with Tales of Vesperia if you have a 360.
---
From the walking Sakura Wars advertisement...
#4FinalFLuver(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2010 7:29:49 PM
wow i didnt know they were mostly japanese, so the only ones i can actually play (since i have a ps2) are:
Phantasia --> english (what is a patch? and what is GBA?)
destiny --> english
eternia/destiny II --> english

is there a way to know which of the above games are the english or japanese versions? cause the only place i can get them is on ebay and i dont want to get screwed over?

also is the Verperia for PS3 in english??
#5Negima15Posted 5/3/2010 9:27:04 PM

wow i didnt know they were mostly japanese, so the only ones i can actually play (since i have a ps2) are:
Phantasia --> english (what is a patch? and what is GBA?)

Simply put, the patch is made(by translators/hackers) to translate the game into English. It requires a little work on your part though as you need to patch the disk/game/iso.

And GBA = Gameboy Advance

is there a way to know which of the above games are the english or japanese versions? cause the only place i can get them is on ebay and i dont want to get screwed over?

Uh...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of#Mothership_Titles

Clicking on the link of each game should help. Also, Gamefaqs....has the games' boxshots.

also is the Verperia for PS3 in english??

No.
---
Memento mori...
Hopeful Dreamer
#6Judqement8Posted 5/3/2010 11:43:17 PM
There is no reason to play them all because most of them suck pretty badly.

---
Well...duh. It's like a cookie without milk.
That girl has issues, Dood... Oh well.
#7RoxalisPosted 5/4/2010 7:28:20 AM
you forgot that abyss is english....in the abyss board
---
Roxalis: judgy my sweetheart, give me one trolly that actually admits his planned out of topicness.
Judqement8: What... the...
#8Negima15Posted 5/4/2010 7:37:52 AM
If you mean the TC, he's stated that he played Abyss already.
---
Memento mori...
Hopeful Dreamer
#9RoxalisPosted 5/4/2010 8:16:30 AM
oh now i see it. lol
the second post left the first in the dust.
---
Roxalis: judgy my sweetheart, give me one trolly that actually admits his planned out of topicness.
Judqement8: What... the...
#10creativerealmsPosted 5/4/2010 8:48:09 AM
Namco Bandai is pissing me off. They are making me wish they would make a new Tales of game for a microsoft system as that seems to be the only way we Americans will get the game. Since it seems they won't let Xseed touch Graces for Wii or bring it over themselves.