Luke's infinite combo...?

#1drkdragonbladePosted 5/20/2010 10:01:14 PM
I was wondering if it's actually possible to just combo infinitely with just Luke and without the help of anyone else. Something along the lines of FoF canceling and creating a new tech chain and FoF cancel that one as well and repeat. Just curious since I was comparing the battle systems of Vesperia and Abyss and wondering if we can infinite combo in this one as well. (I'm very well aware if other infinite combos using your other party members so please don't mention anything about that because I already know.)
#2Hyper InfernoPosted 5/21/2010 11:17:46 PM
Guy has one. Use the extra knockback powerup on Severing Wind + the FoF gem on Void Tempest. Severing Wind knocks them really high into the air, and then Void Tempest turns into Dragon Tempest which catches them as they fall, and then you can run up to them and repeat.

If you can spell cancel, quite a few characters have infinites there too.
---
I reject your reality and substitute my own!
-Adam Savage, The Mythbusters
#3drkdragonblade(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2010 12:57:52 AM
I'll keep that in mind when I switch over to playing as Guy.....Right now I'm just focusing on Luke.....Wonder if I combo an enemy if Rendering Thrust knocks them high in the air enough....
#4RoxalisPosted 5/22/2010 3:47:08 AM
I don't think luke has a infinite combo.
---
Roxalis: judgy my sweetheart, give me one trolly that actually admits his planned out of topicness.
Judqement8: What... the...
#5ShinZackraPosted 5/22/2010 6:21:46 AM
You can get tricky with some FoF canceling, but it only goes so far. Luke has no infinite, only pseudo-infinites.
---
Global Smash Federation: A home away from home!
http://forums.globalsmashfederation.com/index/
#6ZEEKYB00GYD00GPosted 5/22/2010 2:18:32 PM
Warning: spoilers (sorta) in link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv3TTVdv6B8#t=28s

With high enough agility (more than 681; apparently over 1000), and perhaps a blue FSC, Rending Thrust (and perhaps other things, like Fang Blade) combos into normal attacks (which combo into Rending Thrust, making it an infinite).
Oh yeah, someone in the comments of that video said that having an Arte's (Rending Thrust's) uses at 999 cuts off some of the recovery of the Arte. I dunno if this is true, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was, knowing TotA.
---
ZEEKY BOOGY DOOG!
#7ShinZackraPosted 5/22/2010 2:43:36 PM
1) You don't want a blue FSC on Rending Thrust to do regular hits into it. Yellow is better anyway, for FoF canceling.
2) You can combo into Rending Thrust the moment you get it; you don't need that much Agility.
3) The hitstun from each hit decays as more hits are added on, so this is not an infinite. Usually after about 30 hits or so, the enemy will recover from the Rending Thrust before you can hit it again.
4) Yes, it is true that more uses = less recovery time. It's how spell canceling works in this game.
---
Global Smash Federation: A home away from home!
http://forums.globalsmashfederation.com/index/
#8drkdragonblade(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2010 11:10:56 PM
Thanks for the post you guys....Sad that Luke has no infinite.....I really wanted to unleash some pain (LLOONNG exaggerated pain) upon the enemies in unknown mode......