Strongest Swordman in the tales series**might have some spoilers

#31ArcFan10000(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2010 12:42:42 PM
Now that I think about it it's just that area I was in. Those Golem's are just a pain in the butt.
I fought Dhaos the first time,
and you have to have Arche with indidnation "On" and Klarth with Luna "On".
Dhaos wipe'd me out the first time, but the second time I cornered him with Cless and kept attacking.
And finnally beat him. That's just round one thou. Next round might not be that simple.
---
I have all the high dollar psx RPG's, but didnt pay near as much for them as people may think...
Currently playing: DQ8, Tales of the Abyss, and a few others
#32RoxalisPosted 11/8/2010 12:57:17 PM

^ Jade, however, is not a swordsman. Thus, the argument is invalid.

This does not change the fact that his might is truly fearsome, but nonetheless, he does not use a sword.

I was responding to LMBS
---
You either die a lurker, or live long enough to see yourself become a troll.
#33ArcFan10000(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2010 3:10:26 PM
Phantasia does not end after you beat Dhaos the second time. I thought the game ended there,
but you end up getting Chester back...Me being level 50 with Cless and company, Chester is level 7.
OK when you level to 50 there's a little green star by Cless's name on the status screen. Wonder
why that is there, because I can still get exp. There rest of the game your basically exploring old areas again.
And get new equipment too, I want that rare sword. Vorpal sword....and that other sword...

I plan on going back to playing Abyss after I finish this game...Im getting really close...
---
I have all the high dollar psx RPG's, but didnt pay near as much for them as people may think...
Currently playing: DQ8, Tales of the Abyss, and a few others
#34SihlenrocPosted 11/8/2010 4:06:35 PM
I was responding to LMBS

Which I seemed to think was still a part of the overall discussion. My bad.
---
This sig is not a sig; it is a warp in the time-space continuum that cannot be closed until the people of the world stop being such idiots. So, never.
#35NitanPosted 11/8/2010 5:36:52 PM
Cress invented technique...

All swordplay from then on, past, present or future, in this world or the next... Mostly uses the Albert/Alvien style, how can the be poor swordsmanship?

Cress' techniques come from daddy who didn't end up being a very good swordsman either.
---
"He thought he was a wit, and he was half right. - Joseph Addison
Wearer of the Seiryu Ring
#36NitanPosted 11/8/2010 5:37:25 PM
Reid was self taught. Apparently he was hunting boars one day and SONIC WAVE.
---
"He thought he was a wit, and he was half right. - Joseph Addison
Wearer of the Seiryu Ring
#37Number090684Posted 11/8/2010 8:57:39 PM
Take that back Nitan! -_-

Miguel was a pretty good swordsman, as he was one of the 4 heroes in present Aselia(The world at the beginning of Phantasia's story) who was tasked with, and eventually sealed the Demon Lord away. Plus, he had a hi ougi. The only reason he ended up dying from his wounds was because it was him and less than half a dozen green upstarts attempting to defend Toltus from a surprise attack from an army of demonic soldiers.

---
US PSN: Number090684
Wii No. 7949-4764-9788-5707
#38SihlenrocPosted 11/8/2010 9:50:59 PM
Also, judging Cless on the virtues (or lack thereof) of his father is rather a fallacy, since Cless can, and does, surpass his father's skill.
---
This sig is not a sig; it is a warp in the time-space continuum that cannot be closed until the people of the world stop being such idiots. So, never.
#39Number090684Posted 11/8/2010 10:16:47 PM
^Exactly.

---
US PSN: Number090684
Wii No. 7949-4764-9788-5707
#40Bronze_StuffPosted 11/8/2010 11:57:32 PM
Yeah, doesn't the game even make note of something like that for Cless? Like "true genius blooms late..." Or something to that nature?

Honestly though, it's tough, because most of the heroes have been complimented on their swordsmanship and their powers use would be fine, but some of them, like Luke, we never actually get to see the fullest extent of their powers, so we don't know if they really don't have much, or they just never used it. Then you have people like Reid who don't really train for anything and then just learn crap all over the place.