COMBOS and ARTES

#1hiperiontotnPosted 8/27/2011 1:54:52 PM
Could anyone please tell me their favourite and most recomended artes layout and combos? please
also any kind of special estrategy you use in battle could come in handy.
---
igne natura renovatur integra
#2musketeer361Posted 8/27/2011 10:49:16 PM
Luke: Havoc Strike - Rending Thrust - Swallow Fury/Lightning Blade/Light Spear Cannon

Guy: Crescent Strike - Tiger Blade - Severing Wind (I honestly don't use Guy much. Just came up with this one.)

Natalia: Storm Edge - Piercing Line - Gallant Barrage (This one doesn't really connect as a combo, but I like using it.)

Anise: Dragon Surge - Eagle Dive - Surge Breaker

I don't really use Jade and Tear enough to know any combos, but I'm sure you can come up with one just like that.
---
Currently Playing: Radiant Historia, Persona 4, Tales of the Abyss, LA Noire, Tales of Vesperia
Waiting for: Tales of Graces f, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Madden 12
#3VeghEstherPosted 8/28/2011 4:12:39 PM
I rarely combo at all and for Tear Jade Anise and Natalia I can't combo at all since I only use their spells.

Though my best combo for Guy is Severing Wind + Void Tempest (set a Sunlight chamber on Void Tempest and max it out) since Void Tempest itself its FOF change is the same element as Severing Wind.

Though FOF change wise having Jade cast a high level Fire spell then triggering Severing Wind (its FOF change is fire based) is my best form of damage using Guy.
#4GeradGerardPosted 8/28/2011 9:01:59 PM
If you have the right skills then I like to use these. I switch around with each character so I'm pretty comfortable with each of them now.

Luke: slag assault -> havoc strike/demon fist -> rending thrust (with sun chamber)
Lightning blade/sonic blast -> havoc strike/demon fist -> fang blade (sun)
Devil's inferno -> rending thrust/demon fist -> havoc strike (sun)
Rending thrust -> light spear cannon
Demon fist/ havoc strike -> lightning blade -> HiOugi

Guy: severing wind -> void tempest (sun)
Tiger blade -> crescent moon/demon fang -> sword rain:alpha/final cross/beast
Tempest -> sword rain:alpha -> tempest (for big enemies)

Anise: surge breaker-> surge breaker
Surge breaker-> dragon surge-> Dual punishment
Dragon surge-> dual dragon surge/soaring blast-> dragon surge
Some magic -> combo ending with FoF change

Natalia: Storm edge-> piercing line -> star stroke

Jake: impaling heaven spell canceling
Fire magic-> turbulence turned flare tornado -> run up and combo
Thunder lance spam
Maybe sovereign gale-> thunder lance if I don't get interrupted.

Tear: invoke aqua-> pow hammer (sun)/first aid (sun)
Nocturnal light-> severe fate
---
=]
#5GregPSP26Posted 8/29/2011 9:01:19 AM
GeradGerard posted...
If you have the right skills then I like to use these. I switch around with each character so I'm pretty comfortable with each of them now.

Luke: slag assault -> havoc strike/demon fist -> rending thrust (with sun chamber)
Lightning blade/sonic blast -> havoc strike/demon fist -> fang blade (sun)
Devil's inferno -> rending thrust/demon fist -> havoc strike (sun)
Rending thrust -> light spear cannon
Demon fist/ havoc strike -> lightning blade -> HiOugi

Guy: severing wind -> void tempest (sun)
Tiger blade -> crescent moon/demon fang -> sword rain:alpha/final cross/beast
Tempest -> sword rain:alpha -> tempest (for big enemies)

Anise: surge breaker-> surge breaker
Surge breaker-> dragon surge-> Dual punishment
Dragon surge-> dual dragon surge/soaring blast-> dragon surge
Some magic -> combo ending with FoF change

Natalia: Storm edge-> piercing line -> star stroke

Jake: impaling heaven spell canceling
Fire magic-> turbulence turned flare tornado -> run up and combo
Thunder lance spam
Maybe sovereign gale-> thunder lance if I don't get interrupted.

Tear: invoke aqua-> pow hammer (sun)/first aid (sun)
Nocturnal light-> severe fate

Damn u got a vid of u doing all theses
---
Now This is a video game rescuing the princess is for sissies
#6GeradGerardPosted 8/29/2011 8:02:08 PM
Haha a vid? Maybe I should make one? But it be so bad quality. Those are just some I used from memory. I beat the game again only about a month ago so its pretty fresh still. I mostly use magic when I wasn't guy or Luke. Anise though I mixed it up well enough by setting shortcuts for her to magic.
---
=]
#7fateoffatePosted 8/31/2011 6:07:40 PM
Luke: Attack x2 > Rending Thrust -> Attack x7 -> Any combo
Interesting enough, if you attack twice and use Rending Thrust with 999 usage, you can attack again.

If you equip Cobalt Chamber on Rending Thrust and Rending Havoc, you can use some kind of semi infinite even though it's only worked on some enemies and you can't use it near a wall. The timing when you use Demon Fist rather strict too so I only use it in Colloseum.

Rending Thrust > Demon Fist > Attack x7 > Rending Havoc > Demon Fist > Attack x7 > Repeat

Sometimes you must improvise and use Swallow Fury to keep the enemy from the wall.

Rending Thrust > Demon Fist > Attack x7 > Rending Havoc > Demon Fist > Attack x7 > Swallow Fury > Rending Thrust > Demon Fist > Attack x7 > repeat

Shorter version: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHl416y1iBs

I'm not into semi infinite because they're unreliable and often failed when you reach 100 hits or more.
That's why usually I stick with:
Attack x2 > Rending Thrust > Attack x7 > Rending Thrust > Slag Assault > Rending Thrust -> Swallow Fury/Light Spear Cannon

Attack x2 > Rending Thrust > Attack x7 > Havoc Strike > Devil's Inferno > Burning Havoc/Fang Blade

This is Luke Vs. Asch but include some interesting combo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cotRQFe6xv0

Guy: My brother is the one who use him so I only see Severing Wind > Dragon Tempest combo.
It's semi infinite as well and much much easier to perform.

Anise: Rarely use her strike artes. I just spam the godly Bloody Howling/Maelstorm.
You can try spell cancel for infinte combo.

Tear: Severed Fate combined with spell cancel and wall is deadly.
Make sure she can't move backward when using Severed Fate.
How? Use wall.

Jade: Spell cancel or Thunder Lance > Impaling Heaven > Lightning Tempest is fun.

Natalia: Never use her other than spamming arrow from behind and heal so...

Asch: Rending Thrust > Spell Cancel > Rending Thrust > Spell Cancel > repeat
The only real infinite combo in Abyss...

Or you can use Tear to cast Invokes and FOF cancel.
#8hiperiontotn(Topic Creator)Posted 9/5/2011 1:13:58 PM
thanks everyone very much for their help.
Fateoffate, I used rending thrust around 500 times in one day to get 999 of usage and be able to link reg. attack x2 with rending thrust and reg. attack again, but ir just wont work.
also.

also, I keep hearing about spell cancels and other cancel, I can guess how canceling would work, but could someone tell me what tipes of cancels are they and how they help?
THX
---
igne natura renovatur integra
#9demonguardianPosted 9/5/2011 4:06:37 PM
hiperiontotn posted...
Fateoffate, I used rending thrust around 500 times in one day to get 999 of usage and be able to link reg. attack x2 with rending thrust and reg. attack again, but it just wont work.

Higher arte usage means less lag after the end of that arte; however, its effects are almost
imperceptible. Don't forget that agility (stat) also counts, although its only noticeable at very high levels, and the higher the hit counter is, harder it's to keep the combo. For me, the "Attack x2 > Rending Thrust > Attack x7..." only works the first time, where the hit counter is like 10 or so... =/

also, I keep hearing about spell cancels and other cancel, I can guess how canceling would work, but could someone tell me what tipes of cancels are they and how they help?

spell cancel is when you cast a spell in a middle of a combo, guard, and start another combo from then. That way you can eliminate the lag from certain artes, allowing you to perform another series of attacks. example: Impaling Heaven (with Cobalt Chamber) > low~mid level spell > guard > repeat.

FoF cancel are a bit more complex: when you use a certain arte (that can fof change) and immediately afterwards the correspondent fof field appears, you can use any other arte. example: Rending Thrust (with Sunlight Chamber) > Slag Assault > Rending Thrust > any other arte.

They aren't really all that useful, it's more to show extended combos and show off =p

This is an very old video, but hopefully will clear things out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT1DP-MNRkU
#10fateoffatePosted 9/8/2011 5:53:16 AM
ATKx2 > Rending Thrust > ATKx7 supposed to be a combo starter x_x
I should be more clear about this. My bad...