If the age of consent is 16 in Auldurant, then Arietta is legal

#1Kris_is_LyraPosted 6/18/2012 4:17:40 PM
nt
---
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality
#2PalpablePosted 6/18/2012 6:31:51 PM
nt
---
"I never did very well in math - I could never seem to persuade the teacher that I hadn't meant my answers literally." - Calvin Trillin
#3Element-17Posted 6/18/2012 7:55:54 PM
It's implied that age of consent is 20. When the characters are begging for the Lost Celesti, Peony says to 14 year-old Anise, "Just wait until you're six years older, and I'll date you anytime!"
---
Why bother making a signature?
#4Kris_is_Lyra(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2012 8:19:12 PM
Element-17 posted...
It's implied that age of consent is 20. When the characters are begging for the Lost Celesti, Peony says to 14 year-old Anise, "Just wait until you're six years older, and I'll date you anytime!"

In this case, Arietta will reach the age of consent before Tear does.
---
Courage is the magic that turns dreams into reality
#5PalpablePosted 6/18/2012 11:11:22 PM
the auldrant year is also twice as long as an earth year

say hello to your thirty-two year old arietta~
---
"I never did very well in math - I could never seem to persuade the teacher that I hadn't meant my answers literally." - Calvin Trillin
#6kilaudePosted 6/19/2012 10:36:20 AM
Arietta looks like she's 11 actually, but whatever lol
#7PalpablePosted 6/19/2012 10:39:10 AM

you can't read.
---
#8Bronze_StuffPosted 6/19/2012 8:21:40 PM
Palpable posted...

you can't read.

No he's got a point. It wouldn't matter if she was like 32, because she looks like a child now, so she'd probably look... Like a normal woman by the time she's 32. <_<

That said, her voice...
---
Jimbo.
#9CyllyaPosted 6/20/2012 9:59:11 AM
Bronze_Stuff posted...
Palpable posted...

you can't read.

No he's got a point. It wouldn't matter if she was like 32, because she looks like a child now, so she'd probably look... Like a normal woman by the time she's 32. <_<

That said, her voice...

No, the point is that she's 16 years old, regardless of what she looks like. That makes her "legal" in jurisdictions where 16 is the age of consent, because the law is not based on what a person looks like.

This reminds me on an article I read about a woman who had to carry her birth certificate around at all times to keep her husband from getting in trouble....
---
Tales Website [http://talesof.cyllya.com]
Warhammer 40k Book Reviews [http://www.choppyreviews.com]
#10PalpablePosted 6/20/2012 10:36:09 AM

...I was making a joke on how everyone is actually double their age in earth years.

So, no, he can't read.
---