The topic is Anise Tatlin.

#1NeemohPosted 10/11/2012 9:32:00 AM
What do you guys think about this character?
#2CatMutoPosted 10/11/2012 1:05:00 PM(edited)
I think this topic should have a Spoiler Warning.

Absolutely adorable.
Cute on one side, can be a b****y little snotball the next second. And I don't blame her for what she did later on. She's 13 years old, but still a kid that had to grow up to fast - she was completely out of her league and didn't know what to do and how to handle things. Her interactions with Luke at all times are great, overly-flirty at first, but she doesn't mind talking bad about him and isn't one to easily forgive Luke for his deeds earlier. *coughtearcough* Her scenes and talks with Jade are hilarious, then again, I believe majority of that part also comes from Jade's side.
And I find it absolutely sweet to hear her yelling "You f***ing bastards, I'll kill you!!"

Note, I am talking about her Japanese voice acting as the English one.... well, it switched around, but never as fast as in the Japanese one and the "bad Anise" side never sounded all too convincing to me in the English version.

Oh and I forgot to mention, I like her design. I am already biased towards dark hair, so her design with the curls and the pink just, oh, she's so cute!

C-A
---
A woman always has the last word in an argument. Say something against it, you just started a new argument.
#3Neemoh(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2012 4:28:58 PM
I feel the same way. She's probably the only kid in the whole series who knows she's cute and is proud of it. Patty kinda acted the same way at one point in Vesperia, Presea is IMO the cutest ever but never acts like it, Sophie could have been the cutest if not for her deadpan voice, Elise Lutus definitely beats all of them when it comes to being "moe". My sister, who plays all the Tales games with me doesn't like Anise but she loves Sophie.

Anyway, the fact that Anise was able to cope with all the f*****-up situations she was put through shows her maturity, and contrasts against her usual silly personality. She was very cynical and evil at times, not even caring about the boy who died in front of her (Akzeriuth), never forgiving Luke completely until the end (despite all the things he'd been through), and deceiving people for money. But she was also very caring, putting up with Mohs just to protect her parents, and stayed loyal to her friends to redeem herself. and also.....
X-BUSTERRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!
#4DragoonGriffithPosted 10/12/2012 2:11:35 AM
Probably my most hated character in the entire series.
Sorry.
---
Currently playing: Tales of Vesperia (PS3), Graces f, Wild ARMs 2, Ys: The Oath in Felghana.
#5BLAHMASTERPosted 10/12/2012 4:29:11 AM
She always came off as really fake to me, and later in the plot I found out why.

I think she was a great character to have in the game, but I personally couldn't stand her most of the time she was on screen.
---
It doesn't have to make sense.
#6LeftoverLotionPosted 10/12/2012 9:40:56 AM(edited)
CatMuto posted...
Absolutely adorable.
Cute on one side, can be a b****y little snotball the next second. And I don't blame her for what she did later on. She's 13 years old, but still a kid that had to grow up to fast - she was completely out of her league and didn't know what to do and how to handle things. Her interactions with Luke at all times are great, overly-flirty at first, but she doesn't mind talking bad about him and isn't one to easily forgive Luke for his deeds earlier. *coughtearcough* Her scenes and talks with Jade are hilarious, then again, I believe majority of that part also comes from Jade's side.
And I find it absolutely sweet to hear her yelling "You f***ing bastards, I'll kill you!!"

All of this.
---
I'ma fan art fiend.
http://i.minus.com/ibbRZdJwDeER1l.jpg http://i.minus.com/ibbRZdJwDeER1l.jpg http://i.minus.com/ibbRZdJwDeER1l.jpg
#7Neemoh(Topic Creator)Posted 10/12/2012 11:09:30 AM

I wish they would've kept that in the english version.....
#8CatMutoPosted 10/12/2012 11:56:08 AM
Neemoh posted...

I wish they would've kept that in the english version.....

Yeah they kinda lessened it to a kinda boring "I'll kill you bastards!" and she doesn't sound like she's looking forward to it very much, unlike in the Japanese version. Oh Momoi was a super choice for her.

C-A
---
A woman always has the last word in an argument. Say something against it, you just started a new argument.
#9ChunhwaPosted 10/12/2012 12:27:40 PM
The character herself is awesome. The problem for me lies with her voice in the JP version.

She just had to get stuck with the most overused, high-pitched annoying voice ever. I don't know why japan keeps forcing the majority of female characters to sound like that. Nobody sounds like that. Children certainly don't sound like that.

Tear's voice, while certainly not low, is like an oasis in the desert of nails on a chalkboard in comparison.
---
The guilty pay the price.
#10CatMutoPosted 10/12/2012 2:47:16 PM(edited)
Tear's voice, while certainly not low, is like an oasis in the desert of nails on a chalkboard in comparison.

Yukana has a wonderful voice. I think the only reason I managed to "survive" the American version is because her singing was kept during localization. A very calming voice, but.... her voice goes hysterically high and scratchy and even cracks during the Tower of Rem scene. Urgh, the one scene I hate in the game because of Tear's voice. Still speaking about the JPN version, of course.
The rest of the scene is awesome!

C-A
---