Good Arte Setup for the AI( Hard)

#1GrapeKiwiPosted 11/13/2012 9:01:28 AM
Just started, what should I turn off for everyone? I'm playing as Guy.
first playthrough,
---
Hi guys! I'm an ex HoN semi-pro who streams Dota 2 and PS1/PS2 GAMES: currently streaming FF7/Tales of Phantasia
http://www.justin.tv/kawaiikiwix3
#2fateoffatePosted 11/13/2012 10:31:45 AM(edited)
Playing as Guy in first playthrough?

Turn off all Luke's Raging Blast variants.
Turn off all Tear's Strike artes, Invokes, and Healing Circle.
Turn off all Jade's Strike artes and Infernal Prison.
Turn off all Natalia's Strike artes, Healing Force, and Cure.
Later in the game, Turn off all Anise's Strike artes since Bloody Howling own everything.

Edit:
I forgot. For spelluser, set their AI to use Artes only and Use 100% or 50% TP
Combine with turning off strike artes, this prevent them performing suicide.
#3VeghEstherPosted 11/13/2012 5:43:18 PM
I kept Infernal Prison on even on easy mode since ALL of his high leveled TP spells every one is worth casting.

I never use Natalia unless required as for Anise I still had Miracle Hammer turned on even with Bloody Howl being usable.

Tear only have Ressurection Revitalize Holy Song and Holy Lance as her ONLY AI usable moves.

For Luke I rarely used him and that's because most of his moves IMHO all suck.
#4Milla_MaxwellPosted 11/17/2012 7:20:38 PM
VeghEsther posted...
I kept Infernal Prison on even on easy mode since ALL of his high leveled TP spells every one is worth casting.

I never use Natalia unless required as for Anise I still had Miracle Hammer turned on even with Bloody Howl being usable.

Tear only have Ressurection Revitalize Holy Song and Holy Lance as her ONLY AI usable moves.

For Luke I rarely used him and that's because most of his moves IMHO all suck.

TC as for this, don't heed this info; the best party in the game is Guy, Tear, Anise & Natalia.

Also, Revitalize should never be your only means of Healing, the cast time is so long that it's a waste of time. (If you're later in the game Natalia should be your main healer and Tear & Anise should be on pure offense, except for Resurrection) that way you get the most damage and healing out of your team. (Bloody Howling & Holy Lance are the two strongest artes in the game.)
---
"Wherever I may live, I remain the same person. Nothing will change." - Milla Maxwell.
#5fateoffatePosted 11/18/2012 2:36:23 AM
Bloody Howling & Holy Lance are the two strongest artes in the game
Not to mention they provide all four element for FOF change.
#6GrapeKiwi(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 8:26:13 AM

TC as for this, don't heed this info; the best party in the game is Guy, Tear, Anise & Natalia.

Also, Revitalize should never be your only means of Healing, the cast time is so long that it's a waste of time. (If you're later in the game Natalia should be your main healer and Tear & Anise should be on pure offense, except for Resurrection) that way you get the most damage and healing out of your team. (Bloody Howling & Holy Lance are the two strongest artes in the game.)

Thanks for this. do you agree with what this guy said?

fateoffate posted...

Later in the game, Turn off all Anise's Strike artes since Bloody Howling own everything.

Edit:

---
Hi guys! I'm an ex HoN semi-pro who streams Dota 2 and PS1/PS2 GAMES: currently streaming FF7/Tales of Phantasia
#7BrassBirchPosted 11/18/2012 9:52:46 AM
GrapeKiwi posted...

fateoffate posted...

Edit:

Just my two cents.

In general yes, I agree with him. However, I never use Anise's Strike Artes. Regardless of the settings, you'll be using the moon selector to evade enemy fire.

However, for party configuration, there are other factors such as Tear and Natalia's uselessness in combat early on. Natalia should not be picked up until sufficient TP, Tear should instead play heal bot until, say, when she learns Eclair de Larmes.

Jade really isn't outclassed until Tear get's her her pendant, Holy Lance and Anise receiving Bloody Howling/ Ant Loin Doll. The other swordsman is decent at Normal mode, however, at higher difficulties- you'll find that he suicides too much.
#8GrapeKiwi(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 9:56:50 AM
BrassBirch posted...
GrapeKiwi posted...

fateoffate posted...

Edit:

Just my two cents.

In general yes, I agree with him. However, I never use Anise's Strike Artes. Regardless of the settings, you'll be using the moon selector to evade enemy fire.

However, for party configuration, there are other factors such as Tear and Natalia's uselessness in combat early on. Natalia should not be picked up until sufficient TP, Tear should instead play heal bot until, say, when she learns Eclair de Larmes.

Jade really isn't outclassed until Tear get's her her pendant, Holy Lance and Anise receiving Bloody Howling/ Ant Loin Doll. The other swordsman is decent at Normal mode, however, at higher difficulties- you'll find that he suicides too much.

Hes been doing that already on HARD.
its my first playthrough, Im even losing on normal because my party members die off because of poor AI. I took Anise out of the party because she was hitting 1's and trying to constantly melee when she was low HP/ dealing no damage too. was silly.
---
#9BrassBirchPosted 11/18/2012 10:15:51 AM(edited)
Hes been doing that already on HARD.
its my first playthrough, I g even losing on normal because my party members die off because of poor AI. I took Anise out of the party because she was hitting 1's and trying to constantly melee when she was low HP/ dealing no damage too. was silly.<
====================================================================

I understand, my advice was hard mode advice.

As for Anise, Early game I utilize Anise's Limited/ Negative Gate to set up a FoF for Jade. Her Strike Artes are :/

Anyways, I usually manually enter which Artes I want my characters too use. The AI, like you said, is too unreliable.

Edit: If you need more healing, by all means use Natalia, preferably over Anise.