What version should I get? the Undub or the ENG Dub

#11ShyvanaPosted 12/19/2012 8:37:17 AM
The Undub is Japanese audio with English everything else, is it not?

That's what I have. Fights, cutscenes in Japanese (with English subtitles, feels like I'm watching an anime), skits...are all in Japanese but with english text and etc.
---
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/9412/comeatmebro1.png
didn't america win the civil war? - lunarknight64 (Posted 11/10/2009 3:15:32 PM)
#12IAMlnDiGNaTioNPosted 12/27/2012 7:46:14 AM
I like the dubbed version a lot better since i don't understand japanese. I don't like reading subtitles and i think the english voice actors did great job.
#13chicostickPosted 12/28/2012 12:58:52 PM
undub since the skits don't have voices in the Eng dub
#14CatMutoPosted 12/29/2012 2:09:00 AM
chicostick posted...
undub since the skits don't have voices in the Eng dub

Especially this.
It's so much fun to hear Jade say "peta" over and over when he tickles Guy. Or the skit where Tear cooks and they tease her, you actually get to hear the chaotic teasing going on.
Incidently, that part of the skit in the Japanese version was written in symbols - star symbols and boxes, all jumbled together.

C-A
---
Cloud and Sephiroth - battling each other since '97 for your amusement
Give it a rest already!
#15Stradivarius16Posted 1/6/2013 12:31:35 AM
UNDUB all the way. I played ENG dub, but when I downloaded UNDUB version, I never went to play ENG dub again. You get voiced SKITS which is really a big+++++++++++ since voiced skits are really worth it. Only downside is you will not be able to understand battle quotes and victory quotes, but it's all worth it. Though the ENG dub is not that bad (i love Guy and Jade).
#16PalpablePosted 1/9/2013 7:23:19 PM
Usually I'm all over the dub but having voiced skits could actually make them worthwhile to watch.
---
"I never did very well in math - I could never seem to persuade the teacher that I hadn't meant my answers literally." - Calvin Trillin
#17Freak_GuyPosted 1/17/2013 6:37:47 PM
I always play JRPG games using Japanese voice actors whenever possible...
Eng dub sucks most of the time, except for Kingdom Hearts series IMO

So, UNDUB FTW!
#18hergmanPosted 2/1/2013 9:44:38 AM
depends on how you react with foreign voices

for example : me, when i hear a voice in a language i don't understand, i instinctively file it into the "background noise" folder; and as such, ignore it completely.

so to me, "japanese voices" are equivalent to "no voices at all". so skits with japanese voices i can't hear or no voice also doesn't make a difference to me.
Also i can't pinpoint any sort of emotion coming from a language i don't understand.

Dud always!

it also depends on how you react with subtitles.

me, for example, i want to WATCH a scene, not read it. especially when there is action.
and to read subtitles, i have to take off my eyes from the action to read the subtitles, missing whats on the screen.
its less inconvenient with a conversation scene, but still.

In the end, it all depends on how you react to it.
---
Giovanni : hahaha
Im the caid of my shoes and i control every toe-nail in it.