How to install Modules?

#1Damaged7Posted 8/7/2009 10:34:49 AM
Hi.

I'm trying to install a few mods but they don't seem to work. I tried "Age of Machinery" and "Calradia Rising".

On the forums i got them from, i believe it was the "Unofficial resource for Mount and Blade" or named something like that, everyone reports the mod works.

When i select the mod and run it, at the "Loading INI" step, i get an error that says "Unable to open file "CommonRes\ani_walk_sideways....".

However, i looked in both the mod folders and the Native mount and blade and this file isn't anywhere to be found. I can play Native fine but these two mods both suffer from this problem. I'm wondering if this has something to do with the means i used to purchase the game.
---
Ah grammar police...the calling card of a failed troll.
Damaged67 = Truth Account
#2Ironhat2Posted 8/16/2009 8:22:23 AM
Move the mod file from where you dl it to into the mod folder in the main M&B game folder.
Boot the game and click on the little box that shows native. You should then be able to select native mod or the mod you dl. Note a major mod will not have any saved games from the native game or any other major mod you may have played.
---
Check your six !
#3Damaged7(Topic Creator)Posted 8/17/2009 10:18:53 PM
Yeah i got that. I did exactly that to install the mod file.

My problem is that I get that error message no matter which module i use. I've succeded in adding mods that don't require a module selection, but anything requiring a module selection does not work.
---
Ah grammar police...the calling card of a failed troll.
Damaged67 = Truth Account
#4MesatakiPosted 8/20/2009 6:49:26 PM
Just a question:

You are using the correct version of Mount&Blade, right? Modules are made to work with a specific version, and that version only.

No offense or anything, I'm just trying to make sure.