This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

what pokemon should evolve and which shouldn't....need help!

#1tacounePosted 2/17/2008 8:37:52 AM
I'm havine troubly. I know that when pokemon evolve in this it may be worse than in the other games, cause usually they stop gaining as much stats, learn moves SLOWER, and level up slower. I used to have a machop and leveled it up and i wanted to kill myself cause he started sucking.
Should i evolve skitty?
Should i evolve squirtle?
Should i evolve Zigzagoon?
Need help from people whove experienced these combos.
---
pearl FC: 0173 0325 9663 name: CrkMnky
messager:the_sword_of_doubt@yahoo.com
#2tacoune(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2008 8:40:47 AM
Also, why does my squirtle suck? (lv.18, yes i know)
---
#3MusicalChatotPosted 2/17/2008 1:43:33 PM
1. Your pokemon evolve and learn the same moves as the same levels as RSE Generation. It's not slower.
2. Because Squirtle is a low level. Give it some TMs or Level it up some.
---
How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
None, it can't even throw a twig, because it simply CAN'T chuck wood.
#4Exp_HPPosted 2/17/2008 2:51:41 PM
Both Zigzagoon and Linoone are great for beginners and also would make great recruits in Lv 1 regression dungeons (but I'm not sure if they are in any).
But looking at TFergussen's Pokedex (on the Red Rescue Team page), you DO want to evolve Zigzagoon. The Exp requirements will not increase; Linoone will level up at exactly the same speed as Zigzagoon all the way up to level 100. It learns moves at higher levels, but the increased stats are good. Pickup is not lost.

The last move Skitty learns is Double Edge, at level 39. Delcatty learns no moves at all, so I would wait until you learn Skitty's last move, and then evolve. Note that Delcatty levels up faster than Skitty in the high levels. Surprising, I know. Also, Cute Charm is not lost during evolution.
I do not believe that Gulpin would be able to let you relearn Skitty's moves when you are Delcatty, so choose your moves very wisely before evolving. For the most part, moves other than the four you evolve with will be gone forever.

Squirtle levels up much faster than his evolved forms at the low levels, but once again, Wartortle and Blastoise reach level 100 waaaay before Squitle does. I would evolve him ASAP. You do want to have Blastoise before you reach level 99, and you want to have high IQ. At level 99, if IQ is high enough, Blastoise learns Hydro Cannon.

You can always check TFergussen's guide if you want to compare Pokemon.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/file/929408/40397
---
My old account was suprsonic12345. Just in case you have ever, ever seen me before.
#5Exp_HPPosted 2/17/2008 3:34:54 PM
Sorry for the double post.

I did some research, and you actually don't need to be careful with which four moves Skitty knew before evolving. Any moves that Gulpin could teach before evolution are kept in Gulpin's list after evolution.

So as long as you evolve Skitty at level 39 or higher, you are guaranteed a full repertoire.
---
My old account was suprsonic12345. Just in case you have ever, ever seen me before.
#6tacoune(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2008 11:22:58 AM
thanks also what about elekid?
---
#7KCarFanaticPosted 3/1/2008 8:04:05 PM
Electabuzz is MUCH faster to level 100 and has better base stats to boot. It levels faster until level 30 or so (good for level 1 dungeons) and then starts to level at about the same rate. Around level 80 Elekid's leveling slows down to approximately an agonizing crawl (more specifically, 600,000 EXP. per ten levels instead of 300,000) while Electabuzz continues to level at the same rate (300,000 EXP. per ten levels).

However, although Electabuzz has better base stats, Elekid has a better stat total at level 100. This is concentrated in the defenses and HP. While high offensive stats are more valuable than high defensive stats in many situations, they are not more useful than high HP in dungeons where getting poisoned is easy, especially in Western Cave and Murky Cave where you have to deal with Swalot and their ridiculously cheap Toxic move.

Don't forget that any pokemon that knows Metronome has a chance of using Toxic. Examples include Togetic in Northern Range and Mew in Buried Relic.

Either way, you should fear Screech, Metal Sound, and Fake Tears (particularly with Electabuzz since its defenses border on laughable).

The choice is yours but I would not evolve my Elekid if I were you.
---
Lucienne's Quest - Board 917935 - Social\TOS Discussion for the rest of us (check quote)
If you believe God and are 100% proud of it put this in your sig.
#8KCarFanaticPosted 3/1/2008 9:45:45 PM
I forgot to post the following:

1. You will learn moves at higher levels (although neither learns anything by level up that the other doesn't).
2. You will not lose Static.
3. My main source is TFergusson' Red Rescue Team Pokedex.
---
Lucienne's Quest - Board 917935 - Social\TOS Discussion for the rest of us (check quote)
If you believe God and are 100% proud of it put this in your sig.