This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Rescue Team vs. Explorers

#1VentisiaPosted 6/27/2011 2:02:57 PM
It looks like this board isn't completely dead. I hope there are still some people hanging around.

Which set of games do you prefer? Blue/Red Rescue Team or Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky?

I know that the latter set of installments have more features, more Pokémon, etc. and I enjoyed playing through my Time and Sky, but I prefer my Blue Rescue Team for some reason.
I'm not sure if it's the slight gameplay differences, the focus on rescue teams instead of an exploration guild, that one of my favorite Pokémon (Cubone) is a starter and I honestly score Impish nature on a regular basis, or even the fact that I think the Rescue Team games have better music...
#2protodude77Posted 6/27/2011 5:24:45 PM
I've played both Blue and Darkness, and I like Blue better. I'm not sure why. I've done almost everything possible in Blue (recruited all legendaries, starter is at level 100 with maxed attack, defense, etc. and over 600 HP as well as max IQ) but I never bothered with much of that stuff in Darkness.
---
An interplantery parasite by any other name would smell as sweet. -Delta123456789
Leader of the AoC Guild /\/\/\/\ www.pokeality.webs.com
#3Man0fBassPosted 6/27/2011 7:16:36 PM
Blue, all the way. I think that the 4th gen rescue games are too hard in the beginning. It took me about 5 tries to get through Mt. Bristle!!! That's with a type advantage!!! (The Starlys have Sky Attack!!!!)
---
M0B
#4DravoinicPosted 7/18/2011 8:48:11 PM
um seriously ? 4 tries i was at a type disadvantage and fought every pokemon on every floor i could find(went over the whole floor) and didnt die once what is wrong with you? and that was just mount bristle....
anyway i got explorers of sky first then got this later and as soon as i realised it had cubone well the discusion was over blue was beter
i cant beleive they got rid of cubone! and replaced it with phanphy!
i mean who in the right mind would swap cubone for phanphy!
#5Ventisia(Topic Creator)Posted 7/27/2011 12:12:39 PM
Yeah, I vastly prefer the starter choice in Blue/Red. Being a Cubone for my first run through on Blue was what made it one of my favorite Pokemon, haha. Such a broken starter, but so fun to nuke things with.
More topics from this board...
SOS Codes BoardCJayC (A)110/5/2006