More Basic questions

#1StormswordXPosted 1/25/2008 5:53:00 AM
I just got my Headquarters but I can't find an Inn or a place to rest there. I had to go to another town to rest up. Does the Inn at HQ come later in the game?

The Formation choices have me confused. Very few of them seem to be set up to position the characters where they are supposed to be placed with regard to S, M or L range placement. I tried repositioning them but I still wind up with a S range character in the middle or back, or vice versa.

Also, according to one WT, the Tiger Tactic Formation is one I'll want to use "for most of the game. " Why that one in particular?
#2Sir WillPosted 1/25/2008 6:45:25 AM
1) There's a character you have ot recruit for the inn. It's optional. Check a FAQ to make sure you don't miss anybody.

2) You have to manually put people in positions they'll be good in. If the people you're using don't fit well with your current formation, use a different one for that time.

3) I don't know, forget which one that is
---
Raymund: 69 NE hunter - Lothar (hiatus)
Saraah: 21 BE Paladin, Tancoo: 63 Tauren Shaman - Quel'Dorei
#3KFCrispyPosted 1/25/2008 7:04:00 AM
about formations, think of the list of active characters as 3 pairs. positions 1, 3, and 5 are usually going to end up being in the front, and 4, 5, 6 are in the back. position 6 is usually the most way-back, while position 1 is going to end up in the very front if it's a point-man type of formation.

Tiger formation is useful early for its formation skill (group column attack) on when you don't have a lot of formations, but for "most of the game", True Men and Circle formations are gold. if you don't want to abuse formations, the later ones give you good bonuses for normal attacks like Striking Arrow and Crane Wing. Also, Cross is a useful early formation because its Formation Skill hits all enemies.
#4StormswordX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2008 1:36:06 PM
Thanks for your input. Can someone tell me whom/where I specifically have to recruit to get an Inn established at my Hq, and how soon after I get my HQ that this can be done?
#5DarthMordechaiPosted 1/25/2008 3:28:31 PM
Can someone tell me whom/where I specifically have to recruit to get an Inn established at my Hq, and how soon after I get my HQ that this can be done?

It's Marina, who you recruit at...goddamn, whats the place called? The town with the hot springs...Yahsuna or something? Gah, it's been too long. As soon as you get your HQ you should be able to recruit her, so long as you're not on a mission
---
My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce
I took her virginity. I have the bloody sheet to prove it. - BullFrogger
#6StormswordX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/25/2008 4:06:29 PM
Hmm. I went to Yashune and spoke to someone named Miroon at the Tricolor Hot Springs Inn but there was no recruitment option. I also went to the Great Hot Springs Inn but there was no one there to recruit either. Can anyone help?
#7rpgfreakazoidPosted 1/25/2008 4:20:32 PM
If you're in the middle of the mission, you can't recruit anyone. To get Marina you must talk to Belcoot outside the Inn in Yashuna first, and then go inside the Inn. You should then get both Marina and Belcoot.

You should also be able to rest in the bed in the Prince's room, if you don't have an Inn by the way.
---
Ahhh yes, Chicken Wings. The answer was always there right in front of us.-UberHydra
#8StormswordX(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2008 12:29:17 AM
Thanks. Talking to Belcoot triggered Marina's arrival. Now I can rest at HQ. Now I'm waiting to see when the Tablet listing all the SoD recruited shows up at HQ. Guess I'll find out. Thanks again for all the suggestions.
#9DarthMordechaiPosted 1/26/2008 4:18:21 AM
Tablet listing all the SoD recruited shows up at HQ. Guess I'll find out

It's a story event, you can't miss it. You'll not be getting it for a while of course, but it's definitely there
---
My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce
I took her virginity. I have the bloody sheet to prove it. - BullFrogger
#10Sir WillPosted 1/26/2008 9:48:07 AM
Yeah you won't be getting the tablet any time soon. If you want all 108 Stars you really have to check FAQs, some are very convoluted or easy to miss without one. Goodluck either way.
---
Raymund: 69 NE hunter - Lothar (hiatus)
Saraah: 21 BE Paladin, Tancoo: 63 Tauren Shaman - Quel'Dorei