gamestop = morons

#11thedragon31Posted 8/5/2008 6:09:31 PM
''so i just replied saying that it was a birthday gift and thanks to them not looking at the actual game disc to make sure it was correct that I will just shop at Best Buy and Ebay from now on since they wasted my time ''

All I have to say is : Good Job!
#12Bennet du ParisPosted 8/6/2008 8:47:45 PM
This happened to me once when I ordered Suikoden 3 from the site.

My copy wouldn't play for some odd reason, even though it was scratch free. So I ordered a copy of Suikoden III. When it came, the box said Suikoden 3. The price tag said Suikoden 3 and what was inside?! NIGHTMARE BEFORE CHRISTMAS! How can you possibly confuse the two? They have absolutely nothing in common.

The Gamestop in my town is awesome though. They know all about RPG's, which I think is awesome, since so few employees at Gamestop know nothing about RPG's unless it's the core ones (I.E: Final Fantasy). I wish I could work there. -.-
---
"The red horse carries war, and the black, famine. Upon those tiny backs bear their great calamity." - chaos
#13heimdalgc(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2008 10:43:23 PM
lol wow yah how can you even make that mistake 0_O its like someone sold them nightmare before christmas or something and they never looked inside...

Anyway they emailed me back and all they said was "we are sorry but we do respect your decision to take your business elsewhere even though we do not wish to lose your business"

that was all.....no coupon or nothin =p

so i think ill just ebay or bestbuy from now on haha
---
Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind
#14Hotel_SecurityPosted 8/7/2008 10:20:28 AM
For one, why buy something from Gamestop online? Are there no stores in your area?

Also, let's be a LITTLE nice on the employees, okay? No, they're not going to know about EVERY frickin game that exists in the whole universe so not all of them are going to know what Suikoden is and how to spell it. Just like us, they like certain genres of games and don't play others. Just spell the game out for them to make sure they know what you're talking about and you'll be fine.

If you've seen the crap they have to deal with on a daily basis you wouldn't feel so bad. They get kids in there asking fifty frickin questions about every game. You've got parents who drop their kids off there for HOURS because it's a way to babysit the kid with the demo games while they shop. You've got parents coming in to buy a game for their kid who have NO idea what to buy, have no idea what any games are good, and have NO idea what games their kids like and then expect the employee to just pick the game for them...and I'll bet they come in and complain if their kid doesn't like the game. Not to mention the parents who by Grand Theft Auto IV for their kid despite the employee warning them that it's violent then they come in and complain days later that it's too violent and they shouldn't have let her buy it for her child. Frickin amazing. Then you've got lonely nerds who think the employees are their best friends and want to have a conversation about every game they're playing at the time as though these employees have nothing better to do. And then you've got arrogant jerks who can't BELIEVE that these employees don't know the names of every game in the store and exactly how many copies they have of that game. And these are just stories I've heard from friends and things I've seen while shopping there...it must be the frickin worst sometimes. Cut em some slack, eh?

Stevo
#15heimdalgc(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2008 11:55:31 AM
no cutting of slack 0_O

if the people in the warehouse cant tell the difference between a IV and a V or "nightmare before christmas" and "suikoden"

I don't think you should give them any slack at all.

You are stupid to think they are the same people. The people in the warehouse don't have to deal with crap they just have to know how to read english.

Also you buy online when there aint no copies around you
---
Truly, if there is evil in this world, it lies within the heart of mankind
#16Bennet du ParisPosted 8/7/2008 10:33:21 PM
Well, my gamestop didn't have Suikoden 3 so I ordered it online. Then after I ordered it, my gamestop got a used Suikoden 3 in, so I bought it..oddly, it had the Japanese cover to it. I didn't think they made two different covers for the english.

But yes, I do give the gamestop employees slack. The ones in my gamestop are very helpful (they gave me the number to call and everything when the warehouse made the mistake).

If it's anything like the retail store I work for, the warehouse/online site has nothing to do with the actual store..which is why the store can't really do anything about the online stuff, and why the price varies at times on used games from online to the store.
---
"The red horse carries war, and the black, famine. Upon those tiny backs bear their great calamity." - chaos
#17Hotel_SecurityPosted 8/8/2008 9:54:22 AM
You are stupid to think they are the same people. The people in the warehouse don't have to deal with crap they just have to know how to read english.

I was more referring to the OTHER complaints about Gamestop in this thread then the original TC's story...I figured folks could figure that out. Obviously they aren't the same group and likely have little to do with each other.

Either way, it's probably a simple error. These things happen.

Stevo
#18rpg_fanatic_004Posted 8/8/2008 11:27:42 PM
I agree, Stevo. I don't think you should give them crap. Thats what I have GameFAQ's for. I vent here instead of giving the employees hell.

But when you set a used copy a game on the counter, and specifically say, "Do you have any new copies of this game?", and they reply with, "I'm sorry, we don't carry that game." It leads me to question the intelligence of the human race.
---
Lieutenant Commander Fanatic of the LBA
A story can't be a story without a past - blazefeeler
#19Hotel_SecurityPosted 8/12/2008 10:37:49 AM
^Yes, well THAT type of idiocy is rampant everywhere...not just in Gamestop.

Stevo