Suikoden 6 was snubbed today

#1OrctankPosted 1/16/2011 2:33:44 AM
from the top 10 list
http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/top10/2185.html

i guess not enough people even know about this series anymore
#2DarthMordechaiPosted 1/16/2011 3:02:19 AM
I snub the top 10 list every single day so I guess this evens everything out, if this was a thing that mattered in any way shape or form
---
My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce
LADIES WATCH OUT FOR YOUR MAN HE MAY BE TRYING TO EAT 50 MCNUGGETS AS YOU READ THIS
#3WhatThe99Posted 1/16/2011 10:33:41 AM
Yup, the series is dead. Put to sleep like some stray dog at the pound.
#4AsmodeanBTPosted 1/16/2011 11:41:15 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5Stovepipe2Posted 1/16/2011 3:44:24 PM
Maybe the guy who made the list never heard of Suikoden?
---
Smokey Jet
#6BuLLeT4MYHearTPosted 1/17/2011 4:49:12 PM
suikoden series is considered as 1 of the franchise games of konami. its like the "final fantasy" of konami.

to receive a low sales (suikoden 4 and 5). its best for Konami to repay the fans in return.... and there you are... no

suikoden 6 for almost 5 years..

---
Now SHE"S GONE!!! oh my God have I Done It AGAIN?!?
#7AsmodeanBTPosted 1/17/2011 10:42:35 PM
Do even you understand what the hell you're saying?
---
Prejudice is a great timesaver. It enables you to form opinions without bothering to get facts.
#8DarthMordechaiPosted 1/17/2011 11:59:37 PM
The only part of that post I understand is the claim of Suikoden being a Konami franchise, which it really isn't. I think I'll need to findmydecoder ring to figure out the rest though
---
My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce
LADIES WATCH OUT FOR YOUR MAN HE MAY BE TRYING TO EAT 50 MCNUGGETS AS YOU READ THIS
#9BuLLeT4MYHearTPosted 1/18/2011 1:42:42 AM
what i mean is. konami received low revenues in the suikoden 4 and 5 games compared to the 3 other
suikoden.

suikoden 4, which most of you considered as a failure in suikoden franchise, sales more than Suikoden 5 in Japan.

its all about the sales dude.

---
Now SHE"S GONE!!! oh my God have I Done It AGAIN?!?
#10Final LegionPosted 1/18/2011 4:39:07 AM
Three points:

1. S5 did not sell very well because S4 was an awful game. S4 put a bad taste in everyone's mouth and many were reluctant to return to the series
2. Suikoden is not what I'd call a franchise series for Konami. It has a dedicated fanbase to be certain, but it is a relatively small fanbase compared to the fanbase for Konami franchises such as Metal Gear, DDR, Castlevania and Pro Evolution Soccer.

3. You're right...it is all about the dollars. Suikoden is not series that lives and breathes on the lips of a lot of people, so why would Konami invest very much in S6?

All of this doesn't mean we'll never see an S6; rather, it is simply not a priority for Konami. Suikoden fans need to stay patient and quit being so overly dramatic about the fate of this series.
---
Poison Clan Rocks The World.