So, when're we going to get Megaman X9?

#1LordDamien27Posted 1/29/2008 6:37:45 AM
Seriously, X8 had such a cliffhanger ending, not to mention the fact that X8 was a FANTASTIC game admist alot of Capcom shovelware. So, when are we going to get X9?

---
Emo girls want to kiss emo boys, but emo boys just want to kiss other emo boys. - Gamerkyle
#2RyutousenPosted 1/29/2008 4:39:03 PM
Hopefully never.

But knowing Capcom, they'll have to ruin a good series even more by releasing yet another horrid game.
---
Sever my arms, hack off my legs, crush these bones! Though I be reduced to dust, I will kill my enemy! -Ogami Itto, Lone Wolf and Cub
#3ShatteredRiftPosted 1/29/2008 4:59:55 PM
X8 had a plot? I barely even remember X7 or X8. Oh, wait, Vile came back in X8, didn't he?

We'll never see X9. We might see a "Mega Man X and Vile" but we probably won't see X9.
---
I need a new sig.
#4LordDamien27(Topic Creator)Posted 1/30/2008 8:01:41 AM
X8 had a great plot, it also expanded the X universe, and had imo one of the coolest looking Sigma bosses to date. And it actually made Axl a decent character. I think that X8 was one of the few things that Capcom has done justice to for the Megaman series since X4.

---
Emo girls want to kiss emo boys, but emo boys just want to kiss other emo boys. - Gamerkyle
#5Kagemusha_OulmnPosted 2/13/2008 8:34:29 PM
I had a lot of fun with X8. However, Capcom has gotten into the infuriating habit of ditching series that don't make money. Inafune said in a (more or less) recent interview that console-based Rockman games cost too much to produce (responding to inquiries about Dash/Legends 3, I believe; though he has often hinted about wanting to make it). And then we have this PSP title that sold like recycled tuna. X9 seems fairly unlikely (in the near future, that is).
---
Oro?
#6crazyfiendPosted 2/15/2008 8:11:29 PM
"X8 had a great plot, it also expanded the X universe"

Lol, you can't be serious. I love MM games just for the gameplay. They have little to no plot that's ever well developed at all. Plus, Capcom just milks the games to death and thus releases all these random sequels with a million plot holes.

First off, X7 and 8 sucked, hard. 6 was passable, but overall still pretty bad, since X5 had a somewhat decent ending with Zero. Capcom just did what they always do and milked the series to death. Why would anyone want an X9 even? X7 and 8 didn't even follow the previous plot and thus made no sense. X9 would have to fill up the many plotholes that were left when Capcom made the Zero games, and we know they're too lazy to bother to do that. Besides, it'd probably wouldn't be that good.

I enjoyed Maverick Hunter X, the plot and extra anime cutscenes worked well(although it left the actual sequels with a story that made no sense whatsoever) and it was...well, fun. Not a perfect remake, since things such as the music(which I felt was one of X1's strong points) were totally ruined and killed with all the heavy metal type sounds. But overall it wasn't bad, and I actually think the same thing done with X2 and 3 would be awesome. Then again the DS Lite is where the money is at, and thus Capcom will just give us horrible Star Force games, and a "decent" ZX game, but decent at best.
---
It looms...
#7ShatteredRiftPosted 2/16/2008 3:16:48 AM
I enjoyed Maverick Hunter X, the plot and extra anime cutscenes worked well(although it left the actual sequels with a story that made no sense whatsoever)

Maverick Hunter X changed the canon of the series, and the events that happened here are the new canon.

I'm pretty surprised to hear that Mega Man games cost so much money to produce: I don't see how they could be expensive games, since they're very short, a similar design overall that's been being used for years, and is overall simpler than anything except for Sports games. Was the reference just regarding the 3D games? Even then, we see plenty of action games every year that flat out have to cost a comparable amount.

The only thing that's clear is that Capcom is steering away from consoles. X8 was the last console release, and that was... three years ago? And yet we see three handheld releases per year?
---
I need a new sig.
#8crazyfiendPosted 2/16/2008 7:26:57 AM
Handheld releases are much easier for them since they know they can just use Star Force until it gets to 6 atleast.
---
It looms...
#9Arm_CannonPosted 2/16/2008 9:12:00 AM
X9 should be a megamanX raceing game XD
---
Transform and Roll-out =D
#10Kagemusha_OulmnPosted 2/19/2008 10:28:39 PM
And yet we see three handheld releases per year?

Actually, I've heard that a follow up to ZXA is questionable (even though it had very little plot conclusion) due to mediocre sales. In any case, we'd be hearing about it by now if it were coming out any time soon. I'm not so sure about Ryuusei/Starforce, but I guess 2 hasn't been out long. In any case, we can kiss the days goodbye that included a new Megaman release every 4-5 months.

First off, X7 and 8 sucked, hard.

7? Yes. 8? No. Other than that idiotic jelly fish "stage," X8 compares favorably with many of the titles. Level design wasn't terrific, but interesting; and I'm all for a few RPG elements to lengthen/enhance gameplay. This may sound dorky, but I also had an awesome time playing tag-team with my friend (tossing the controller between us).

Yes, the controls weren't as responsive as previous games (even worse compared to the Zero games), the operators were lame, and the plot wasn't much (Though it beats 7 and 6 handily). But I still loved playing something that felt somewhat fresh, yet retained most (if not all) of the X flavor.
---
Oro?