Japanese Site Translations (spoilers possible)

#1ThrippaPosted 2/3/2006 11:57:18 AMmessage detail
Okay here is my translation of the Japanese Sonic Riders site ( http://sonic.sega.jp/riders/ for those who don't know yet).

As requested, I'll start with the characters, but I just wanted to post a caveat - I am far from an expert and some of these symbols are very difficult to make out, so some parts will be abbreviated and some approximated. Construcive criticisms and comments are welcome; I'm trying to improve my translating. I'll try to stick as close as possible to the actual translation, so some of the wording may look a bit odd.

First - if you look at the top of the site, there are eight tabs (as of 2/3/06). They read:

Top Story "Way of playing" Mode Character Course Download Infromation

I'm starting with Character, the long one in the middle. The characters are groued by types, which are color-coded.
Blue: [ Speed type ]
Yellow: [ Fly type ]
Red: [ Strength type ]

Top of the speed list, of course, is :

Sonic the Hedgehog: loving independence, common sense over confining rules, lives by his own rules. Habitually flip ... losing Jet's speed contest sparked his pride. He had earned his desired reputation as "the fastest", but now can he protect that title in the world of Extreme Gear?!

Sonic's Attack Techniques
Lvl 1 : Raising a large voice to surprise his rivals
Lvl 2 : Rolling state to splash and skip over his rivals
Lvl 3 : He tangles up the rival and continues rolling

More to follow
#2knuckles_sonic8Posted 2/3/2006 12:20:27 PMmessage detail
Nice. Keep it up! I can't wait to here about Shadow's abilities and the info on Battle Mode.
#3NoName999Posted 2/3/2006 1:31:32 PMmessage detail
AW! I was going to do a topic on character attacks. Oh well.
---
"You there, in the bushes. You have until the count of five to show yourself before I start throwing sharp objects. One... two... four..." Volke
#4Eriorguez_4everPosted 2/3/2006 1:32:59 PMmessage detail
Do it do it DO IT!
Can you seee all of m-*shot*
===
Member of the anti-n00b alliance.
I don't have a "~" key!
#5ultimatlifeformPosted 2/3/2006 2:15:33 PMmessage detail

^ *doesn't shoot you* Why would I? That song rocks!

NoName999 posted...
AW! I was going to do a topic on character attacks. Oh well.
---
"You there, in the bushes. You have until the count of five to show yourself before I start throwing sharp objects. One... two... four..." Volke

Thrippa is actually translating it directly off the site... unless you can translate Japanese, as well.

Anyway, though I'm waiting for Shadow, Rouge, and Cream (mainly Shadow and Rouge), I would like to know some of the other characters' attacks that aren't known, yet.

#6knuckles_sonic8Posted 2/3/2006 2:48:32 PMmessage detail
I would like to know what Dr. Eggman's attack really is. ;)
#7Eriorguez_4everPosted 2/3/2006 2:49:58 PMmessage detail
It┤s
Chaos....FART!
===
Member of the anti-n00b alliance.
I don't have a "~" key!
#8kamek_sinisterPosted 2/3/2006 3:02:17 PMmessage detail
So you level up in this game? Like in Heroes?
---
BEEFY
#9ultimatlifeformPosted 2/3/2006 3:12:08 PMmessage detail
No, not like in Heroes. Like in Sonic Adventure 2. The levels give you better attacks, and you getálevels by getting rings.
#10Thrippa(Topic Creator)Posted 2/3/2006 3:23:30 PMmessage detail
I appreciate the compliments, guys. I'm going in order because otherwise I'm afraid I'll miss something.

Jet the Hawk: Leader of the Babylon thief group, also called "Legendary Windrider". No.1 in Extreme Gear techniques handed down through successive generations. Honoring pride in his role as leader, staunch in "war" and thinking for himself. Full of pride, hating to be defeated, showing an unattractive side to outsiders. In regards to Sonic, fastest on land, "There isn't any way I can lose!" applying his pride to the challenge of the contest.

Jet's Attack Techniques
Lvl 1 : The rival can be surprised by a big sneeze
Lvl 2 : Hits with Bashiyousen, repels and skips over the rival.
Lvl 3 : Like turning a frame in a film, he makes the rival twist into the shape of a screw

**Bashiyousen is a literal transliteration - it's obviously the palm fans but I can't translate the kana to reasonable English. Bashing (?)**

One thing i had already picked up on is pride seems to be a major motivator in these races. Shadow should fit right in. Incidently the Rogues are always called "Bayblon thief group" for some reason. I checked the kanji for "Rogue" there is one and it's completely different.