Japanese Site Translations (spoilers possible)

#221Thrippa(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2006 2:23:35 PMmessage detail
This week: Babylon Guardian, and a link to some information about Sonic on PuyoPuyo which I haven't translated as yet.

Babylon Guardian

The Babylon Rogues finally set foot in the treasure room of the Babylon palace. In that place, the world extends to infinite nothingness...while feeling this, suddenly someone's shout resounds. The owner of the voice is the guardian left to protect the treasure. Sonic and his friends hearing the shout, the curatin rises on the last battle.

Course Overview:
The statues lined up in this strange dimension-world inspire thoughts of hell. As for that, this world is a fiction created by the guardian of the treasure to thwart intruders. Due to damage by the Guardian, the pathway of the original Babylon Garden electronic fortress makes an appearance like a gift.

Map Highlights:
1. Start point - The Guardian stands in your way in order to block your path. In order to start your attack, complete the Start Dash.
2. Front flip - This course has few trick zones. Choose ones that are reliable here.
3. Dash rings - Fly types, it is possible to access these by using the trick zone!
4. Gargoyle statues - Power types, smash the eerie statues to advance!
5. Railway - If a speed type, here you want to ride without jumping off.
6. Back flip - Merely kickoff from the high ramp, like a shower of sparks stirring towards the sky.
#222Eriorguez_4everPosted 3/26/2006 3:59:18 PMmessage detail
Didn't a stage called Digital Dimension exist?
---
Member of the anti-n00b alliance.
See quote for the difference between newb and n00b.
#223Thrippa(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2006 3:26:39 PMmessage detail
Digital Dimension is the "Hero" analogue to Babylon Guardian, but not part of the story. So far only the story-related tracks have been posted. However, they'll have to post something else this Friday if they continue their update schedule, because they've now posted all the unique characters, modes, and story tracks. (Character 17 is a variation rather than a unique character, to my mind.)

Hoping for the additional tracks and/or some store info. (Not that I need it, having most of the store in my gear collection already, but it'd be nice to add to the translation. ) Whatever gets posted will be translated here and added to the FAQ.
#224Eriorguez_4everPosted 3/28/2006 3:45:41 PMmessage detail
OK, thanks.
---
Member of the anti-n00b alliance.
See quote for the difference between newb and n00b.
#225Thrippa(Topic Creator)Posted 3/31/2006 8:14:21 AMmessage detail
No site maps this week, just an announcement of the "capture guide" . I think my dictionaries are missing "strategy" or "hint" as an alternative definition to "capture". So I'm revising all the "Course Captures" in my notes to Course Strategies". Anyway, I love the instructions on how to buy the book at the bottom. Please ask the bookstore to order, and if they're almost out please ask them to order more.

Strategy Book (Under Information, the last tab)

"Sonic Riders" strongest strategy guide on sale! [lit - "strongest capture guide"]

The perfect "Sonic Riders" strategy Guide is finally for sale!! Containing not only strategies for all courses but also complete records of secret stages, all characters, extreme gear! Whether you have played already or not, you can expect to discover surpising new things!

The victory is yours with this!

Title: Sonic Riders Strongest Strategy Guide
Format etc.: Size A%, 232 pages, ISBN4-09-106292-X
Sale Date: 2006, April 3rd
Price: 1,680 yen
Publisher: Shogakukan

* Please ask your bookstore to buy this book. If the counter is almost out of stock, please ask the bookseller to reorder.
* Direct questions concerning purchase to TEL 03-5281-3555 (Shogakukan Sales)
* You can even buy the book from an bookshop on the Internet with express home delivery.
#226Thrippa(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2006 4:31:30 AMmessage detail
And...this week's update: You can now print out paper cutouts of the Blue Star and Jet's hoverboard. Whee!

Also the Downloads page has been rearranged again to accomodate this; the four tabs are : Wallpaper, PaperCrafts (where the new content is), Movies, and Screenshots. Screenshots can also be accessed from any page except papercrafts via the black side tab..
#227Thrippa(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2006 4:56:12 AMmessage detail
Brief update - for 4/14 new bauble on the main page linking to a (Japan-only) contest for one of 10 Sonic Riders T-shirts. These are the same ones that were offered with the game in the US. Will translate when I can, but am starting 3 months of new-job training so it may take a while/ I may not always have web-access.
#228Thrippa(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2006 8:27:08 AMmessage detail
Digital Dimension is now up on the Courses page; will try to get translation today or tomorrow. No plot summary this time, of course, because it's not in the story.
#229Thrippa(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2006 3:56:54 PMmessage detail
Just in case anyone is still reading this:

Digital Dimension

Course Overview:
The world after defeating the Babylon Guardian. From the start, the guardian controlled the mechanical space; setting up the world to become interchangeable with hell...the master having already parted from the space it is unable to adopt a single shape. Is this, then, is a hint of the fall to ruin of the Babylon Garden? Or something else?

Course Hints:
1. Pay attention to the left side of the corridor of light! Over there, dash rings?
2. The wall is broken, but as expected...?
3. A statue stands with it's back to you!?

Map Highlights:
1. Start point - Suddenly, a moaning voice is heard from nowhere, increasing the tension a notch before the race.
2. Corridor of the demon-dogs - Consecutive slides are essential to overcome the two, sudden curves !
3. The abyss - Hands reach from the abyss. The wise will not get too close!
4. Sky warp - Ascend in a breath to the corridor of light. [1 unclear kanji]
5. Corridor of light - The stained glass along the corridor is beautiful. Take care that you are not so fascinated that you hit it.
6. Pulsewave - Skills are classified by type where the curve bends! Ride steadily and take care to avoid time loss .

Sorry it's a bit late - we're training on the 5am shift this week and the closest hotel is a 45 minute drive from the plant, so squinting at kanji on my laptop is a lot harder than when I'm well rested. Anyway, no plot summary because it's not seen in the story mode; curious how it suggests the malleability of the space may hint at the ruin of Babylon Garden - did the Guardian get so powerful that it banished or destroyed the Babylonians themselves?
#230Thrippa(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2006 3:57:07 PMmessage detail
Just in case anyone is still reading this:

Digital Dimension

Course Overview:
The world after defeating the Babylon Guardian. From the start, the guardian controlled the mechanical space; setting up the world to become interchangeable with hell...the master having already parted from the space it is unable to adopt a single shape. Is this, then, is a hint of the fall to ruin of the Babylon Garden? Or something else?

Course Hints:
1. Pay attention to the left side of the corridor of light! Over there, dash rings?
2. The wall is broken, but as expected...?
3. A statue stands with it's back to you!?

Map Highlights:
1. Start point - Suddenly, a moaning voice is heard from nowhere, increasing the tension a notch before the race.
2. Corridor of the demon-dogs - Consecutive slides are essential to overcome the two, sudden curves !
3. The abyss - Hands reach from the abyss. The wise will not get too close!
4. Sky warp - Ascend in a breath to the corridor of light. [1 unclear kanji]
5. Corridor of light - The stained glass along the corridor is beautiful. Take care that you are not so fascinated that you hit it.
6. Pulsewave - Skills are classified by type where the curve bends! Ride steadily and take care to avoid time loss .

Sorry it's a bit late - we're training on the 5am shift this week and the closest hotel is a 45 minute drive from the plant, so squinting at kanji on my laptop is a lot harder than when I'm well rested. Anyway, no plot summary because it's not seen in the story mode; curious how it suggests the malleability of the space may hint at the ruin of Babylon Garden - did the Guardian get so powerful that it banished or destroyed the Babylonians themselves?