Japanese Site Translations (spoilers possible)

#231Thrippa(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2006 5:47:33 PMmessage detail
Final April additions - paper dolls of Sonic and Jet to go with your airboard cutouts, and the SEGA Carnival course.

SEGA Carnival

Various SEGA games complete this bustling stage. Enjoy the pleasant attraction of the Carnival!

Games Appearing:
"Samba de Amigo"
"NiGHTS"
"Super Monkeyball"
"CRAZY TAXY" [sic]

Course hints:
1. Choosing a trick from here, access the railway!
2. This great wall is clearly suspicious!
3. How to pass through that dash ring over there!? Search for a hidden trick zone!

Map Highlights:
1. Start point - The starting point is lined by stores and houses in the style of Samba de Amigo.
2. "Samba de Amigo" zone - The amigos are cheering!
3. "Giant Egg" zone - The figure of Billy is rolling in the interior of the pirate ship Tamago
4. "NiGHTS" zone - Though surrounded by Nightopians, break quickly thorough the seed tower.
5. "Super Monkey Ball" zone - When you pass throught that familiar gate...?
6. "Crazy Taxi" zone - You can even ride in the Crazy Taxi! Seek the right point to view the entrance to the station.
#232Thrippa(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2006 5:47:57 PMmessage detail
Final April additions - paper dolls of Sonic and Jet to go with your airboard cutouts, and the SEGA Carnival course.

SEGA Carnival

Various SEGA games complete this bustling stage. Enjoy the pleasant attraction of the Carnival!

Games Appearing:
"Samba de Amigo"
"NiGHTS"
"Super Monkeyball"
"CRAZY TAXY" [sic]

Course hints:
1. Choosing a trick from here, access the railway!
2. This great wall is clearly suspicious!
3. How to pass through that dash ring over there!? Search for a hidden trick zone!

Map Highlights:
1. Start point - The starting point is lined by stores and houses in the style of Samba de Amigo.
2. "Samba de Amigo" zone - The amigos are cheering!
3. "Giant Egg" zone - The figure of Billy is rolling in the interior of the pirate ship Tamago
4. "NiGHTS" zone - Though surrounded by Nightopians, break quickly thorough the seed tower.
5. "Super Monkey Ball" zone - When you pass throught that familiar gate...?
6. "Crazy Taxi" zone - You can even ride in the Crazy Taxi! Seek the right point to view the entrance to the station.
#233BrAiNiAcNoAPosted 5/6/2006 9:33:58 AMmessage detail
hey thrippa, if ur not busy, could post the translations of the paper boards.....thanks....
#234Thrippa(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2006 7:06:39 PMmessage detail
Will try to get to it - have had to stay offline this week since the hotel charges $10 a DAY for online access - and I'm stuck here for 2 weeks. Will see what I can do before noon tomorrow.
#235Thrippa(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2006 7:38:52 AMmessage detail
Here you go - not sure why I picked Jet to translate instead of Sonic, but the directions are pretty much the same. Odd that they give complete instructions on how to assemble the paper dolls but not the boards or stands.

Under "Downloads (7th tab from left):

Tabs: Wallpaper
Papercrafts
Movies
Screenshots

Under Papercrafts:
Papercraft: Blue Star
Display Set [Sonic and overboard stand]
Papercraft: Type J
Display Set [Jet and stand]

The green buttons all say "Download"
Small type at bottom : AdobeReader required to open papercraft files.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jet-the-Hawk exclusive gear

Warning!! Papercraft construction requires an edged tool such as scissors or other cutting implement. Please use adequate care to assemble safely.
Tools - Required ones : Scissors, cutter, paste.
Possibly convenient ones: Tweezers, toothpicks
Legend [lit. "viewpoint of illustration"!]
Solid line - Cut
Short dash - Mountain fold [fold back, I think]
Long dash - Valley fold [fold forward]
Orange dot - Glue (Attach with paste to same part)
Green Triangle - Glue (Attach with paste to other part)
News: Sega homepage
Sonic Riders homepage
Papercra[ft] Designer homepage

Upper surface 1-6 Underside 1-4, Underside parts 1,2

(Sonic's Blue star is the same except only has one top, 3 underside and two underside parts)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jet's kit: Type-J Display Set
"Real form" [above Jet] "Display stand"
"Jet the Hawk" on base (in katakana and Roman letters)
"Pedestal (rear)" indicating other part of character base.
Below display stand: Solid line: cut
Short dash: mountain fold
Long-short dash: valley fold
Triangles: overlap/area to paste
"Display reference illustration" above photo

Jet's construction: 1. Cut out along the "cut" lines.
2. Bend the figure perpendicularly along the foot line, as shown in the diagram.
3. Bend the rear pedetal glue tab perpendicularly.
4. Join the parts together by gluing at the overlap tabs.
Perfection!

(Sonic's kit the same; except the names, of course)
#236Thrippa(Topic Creator)Posted 5/22/2006 5:11:24 PMmessage detail
All the courses were up but the course page is now missing. So here's what I've got for SEGA Illusion:

Sega Illusion

Neon sparkles, Sega Town's night. Even among the number of Sega titles, the figures' ambiance approximately matches the title selected

Games Appearing:
"Samba de Amigo"
"NiGHTS"
"Space channel 5"
"Chu Chu Rocket"

Course hints:
1. NiGHTs' rings can be accessed through turbulence!
2. As for power types, advance by easily destroying the stands on which the star people stand!
3. Trying various patterns, discover the fastest way out!

Map Highlights:
1. Start point - [unclear kanji in first phrase] The noon parade finished, the Samba zone starting point is quiet!
2. "Samba de Amigo" zone - What - huge Opa Opas block your path!?
3. "NiGHTs" zone -
4. "Space Channel 5" zone -
5. "Chu Chu Rocket" zone -

Only change this week is a contest to win one of six course guides - I think they're about done with the site now that all the courses are up. Though they may ad more paperdolls or something.

Will finish whenever I can get into the page again. Meantime, the Sonic the Hedghog site has a translation up in the Sonic Riders Union.
#237Thrippa(Topic Creator)Posted 6/30/2006 4:43:15 PMmessage detail
Yay! they finally fixed the site after more than a month! The entire translation for SEGA Illusion:

Sega Illusion

Neon sparkles, Sega Town's night. Even among the number of Sega titles, the figures' ambiance approximately matches the title selected

Games Appearing:
"Samba de Amigo"
"NiGHTS"
"Space channel 5"
"Chu Chu Rocket"

Course hints:
1. NiGHTs' rings can be accessed through turbulence!
2. As for power types, advance by easily destroying the stands on which the star people stand!
3. Trying various patterns, discover the fastest way out!

Map Highlights:
1. Start point - In a complete change from the daytime, parade has finished and the the Samba zone starting point is quiet!
2. "Samba de Amigo" zone - What - huge Opa Opas block your path!?
3. "NiGHTs" zone - Beneath the fireworks that soar into the heavens extends the road of stardust.
4. "Space Channel 5" zone - The fragile aliens attack with persistent beams.
5. "Chu Chu Rocket" zone - As you cross the arrow-marked panels, the cry of "chuchu" is heard!

This'll probably be the last post, as I doubt there'll be any more major changes to the site; but if anything else interesting goes up, I'll post it.
#238blaiken used peckPosted 7/4/2006 5:48:45 PMmessage detail
This thing still exists, eh?
---
CALL ME BLAIKEN. NOT BLAZIKEN. Okay? (b^_^)b
#239Thrippa(Topic Creator)Posted 7/5/2006 5:41:16 AMmessage detail
I keep an eye on it. Especially since I still hadn't quite finished the translation.

But it took over a month for them to fix the Riders site before I could finish translating the last course. I think the site's pretty much finished now, though...

The whole translation is posted on GameFAQs in a bit more sensible order, for anyone who does't want to wade through all the posts.
#240darksoul97Posted 8/16/2006 3:07:46 AMmessage detail
Im then first poster in 5 weeks!
YAY me!
---
I cant' remember anything....but since I can't remember anything, how can I remember that i can't remember anything?!?!