Nice work, Thrippa. Keep it up! Can't wait to hear about Battle Mode and Babylon gardens (story for that and Egg Factory as well).
These little screens are awful to try and make out the kanji characters on! The kana and the titles I can read pretty well, but some of the details may be missing. Babylon Gardens has a very interesting story as far as I've translated it, but you don't want me to give away the ending yet, do you?
I thought it was inteeresting that Storm is specifically called a "superhuman strength strongman". There may be somthing important about the signs on the walls (capture #3 ) but I simply could not read part of the caption. Also, anyone who still thinks the yellow robo is a playble character because it's on the track, note the second line of the Overview.
Going to the starting point, Knuckles now encounters the Babylon Rogue's superhumanly strong muscleman "Storm".
In response to Storm's tone, Knuckles is brimming with spirit.
Into this explosive mood, very soon the announcement for the race to begin will come.
"The conclusion is already established in this race!" [says Storm] igniting Knuckles' pride to blazing!
Furnaces blaze and seas of molten ore spread, in this production factory for Eggman's robos.
There are many right-angle turns, and here and there on the course Eggman robos work to prevent the racers from advancing!
All of the energy is concentrated at the central nucleus(core), the symbol of the course.
1. Front flip flying over a sea of molten iron! See ahead where 2 paths diverge into upper and lower routes!?
2. Use the difference in level to do tricks! Landing on the railway, grind!!
3. On the wall is an Eggman mark, just the one mark is ...the first? [missing at least two words.]
1. Starting point: You pay in heat, and aim up the sloping road above the molten iron that spreads out before your eyes!
2. Giant fan: Dive hereupon, and the ennormous fan will blow you to the 2nd landing.
3. 2nd level fork in the path: Main route is an inclined hill road. Fly types can air glide to make up the difference.
4. Curtain of molten ore: The curtain of molten ore covers the road! Pass through the opening in the flow of the molten ore!
5. Halfpipe -> railway: Decide on a trick in the halfpipe to access the railway.
6. 2nd level path junction: Power types can use the route to easy victory by knocking aside the stacked drums!
7. Laser way for conveyance: Catch the laser way to be conveyed across to the goal!
Green Cave is next. I actually have most of the stories written down; its the other bits I hadn't done much with yet. And I finally identified a symbol I couldn't make out in Metal City, so I'll see if that needs adjusting.
I don't think that Babylon Gardens is the ending. They wouldn't post the entire storyline on the gamesite. Babylon Gardens is probably about the half-way point, though, at least.
As for Egg Factory, if you come to think of it--Knuckles is superhumanly strong as well. He's a lot stronger than any human, that's for sure. :P
I didn't mean that it was the END end, just that it was the end of the story "so far" - and it's fairly exciting.
Green Cave is coming,; it's just got some of the the most difficult kanji to make out so far. And they're important ones - I spent THREE HOURS last night trying to identify one, even trying to work backwards by reverse translating skill, talent, hope, etc. I gave up on it about 5 times, but kept going back. Why? It was the key word in the sentence (of course, it would be).
"You cannot ride the wind if you do not become one with your gear. It's impossible if you do not have (?) !" [Jet] laughed.
Oh, okay. :P Yay, Green Cave is coming up soon! Can't wait.
Here you go, folks - this one was a real bear to translate, but has some neat features. Hope you brought your bugspray!
Again, Sonic saw a figure before him - the leader of the Babylon Rogues, "Jet".
Watching Sonic's practice form, "You cannot ride the wind if you do not become one with your gear. It's impossible if you do not have wings!" he laughed. Vexed, on Sonic's behalf, "It can be done by remodeling the gear further myself..." said Tails, depressed, then with a complete change "The secret of the enemy's gear can be detected in the race!" showing enthusiasm to triumph!
As a result of being covered with enormous leaves that allow little light to penetrate, this great unexplored area is also called "Green Cave". All living things have become abnormally gigantic, the ecosystem is not yet clearly known.
The race route uses natural components such as the ivy entwined amid the massive tree limbs and gigantic leaves.
1. Can you find the railway when it's camouflaged by leaves?
2. Fly types use the halfpipe for tricks to access the dash rings.
3. Enormous grape vines cover the path. Power types throw the obstacles out of the way!
4. A spider web here? Decide at once on a high-ranknig trick for a shortcut!
1. Starting point - can't read
2. Big tree curve: use grinding to travel down the spiral curve in the hollow trunk of this big tree!
3. Hairpin curve: When you've passed through the spiral curve, airslide to turn the oppostie direction.
4. Stem road: Forking left and right, the stems form a maze. Can you access the top of the stalk to race?!
5. Dash rings: Fly types pass through the opening using air ride!
6. Nest of the enormous centipede: Ahead, the cave comes out into the hole of a giant centipede? Riding the centipede's back you rise through this mysterious world!
7. U-turn route: Run the U-turn by airsliding and come out! Do a backflip to reach the spider's web.
8. Spiderweb -> the outside world: When the spiderweb is encountered, rise at once. Reach for the supervast outside world!!
From here we head on out into the desert. Bring your sunscreen for the next installment.
Awesome job with the translations. Makes me want to understand Japanese more, now.
Thanks! At least this is more interesting than the stuff they used to make me translate in French class. This time I actually want to know what it says!
Yeah, I think I noticed someone copying Eggman's profile on The Sonic Stadium. I did alert whoever it was that you should give credit to you for translating it.
Oh, and nice info. We now know what the basic stats of the formations are, and also Amy's bio.
Oh,that was me who copied eggman's profile.Thanks for reminding me to give him credit for translating.If I decide to copy more,I'll give the appropriate credit.
BUMP! Nice info on Green Cave, by the way.