At last, the Grand Prix Finals!
The Grand Prix Champion obtains the chaos emeralds.
In order to set the emeralds down, Sonic and Jet go up on the stage.
"You've shown a degree of merit in the finals up to now" curses Jet. "This time I will not be defeated!" Sonic displays pride in himself and ambition.
Amid the grandstands there is excitement and swirling confetti; now, the curtain is about to be raised on the scene of battle!
In this immense desert, the race course makes use of historic ruins left by an ancient civilization. Regarding the temple and the images which remain in several places, even now there are mysterious powers in the vestiges of the once-prosperous civilization that worshiped the Bird God. As for the enormous crossbow which symbolizes the course, legend holds that it was once a bridge to heaven.
1. The deteriorating pillars mark an important site,but cover the racer's path! Should the road ....!?
2. Statues of the Bird God are frequently seen in this land. If you look carefully, 1 statue...
3. The enormous crossbow lifts the racer in a breath to the upper reaches.
1. Start point: While pouring on a large burst of speed, pass through the gates of the colliseum!
2. Against the desert heat: Pass the gates on one side of the desert! Aim for the posts appearing from the ground to mark the valley!
3. Quicksand valley curve: While paying attention to the quicksand, ride the inside track for a shortcut!
4. Temple of the Bird God: Enormous topography spreads before your eyes! Decide on high ranking tricks while riding!
5. Inside the Temple: Obstacles float above the floor by means of a mysterious force. Make use of boosts found here and there to locate the shortest passage through!
6. Images of the Bird God: Images of the Bird God, seen often in this land, separate the course. Decide on the timing of your airslide carefully!
7. Arrow of the Bird God: Escape above ground in a flash with the power of the enomous bow! After landing aim your dash towards the course!
One more to go! Wonder what they'll add to the site for tomorrow?
It's the finals already?! I wonder what happens AFTER Babylon Gardens, which causes them to continue racing. Interesting... yeah, I am also wondering what they'll add tomorrow. Although, theoretically, the update will probably be late tonight our time (maybe around 9:00). That happened last week, too. Okay, MY time. I don't know where you live. :P
"Voluptuous and smelling like an adult woman, she is audacious and comely"
I've been taking Japanese class, and I think it's one of those things that makes more sense in Japanese. The word for "clean" is also the word for "pretty," which could have something to do with it. I'm actually sort of reminded of the Excel Saga anime, in which the title character tends to make odd puns comparing mountains and body hair, and such things.
If you want my opinion, the figurative translation (as in, translating to the nearest English equivalent rather than literally) is probably something like "exuding an aura of maturity."
This is Gryph, zoning out.
That sounds like a preferable reading. I'd love to take a Japanese course, but the local colleges don't offer one; so it's a bit pick up as I go. One of these days, though.
Lemme get this straight. Knuckles and Storm are having arguments on who's....more buff?!
BTW, nice job so far. Can't wait for the Shop and Survival Mode info. ;)
Hey Thrippa, think you can translate the name of the new course? I'd just like to know the name first of all, and I'm sure that it wouldn't be as difficult as an entire page... though, I don't know the Japanese language well (obviously), so I don't know how difficult it would be.
Course titles are easy since they're all in katakana - essentially English words(i.e. Babiron Gaaden). As soon as I can get the course to come up I'll post the name, but at the moment I'm only recieving part of the update - Robo g. Anyway, here's the last of the courses I do have:
Because of the wondrous power of the Chaos Emeralds, the Babylon Gardens awaken from their sleep of many years.
Sonic and Jet go towards the Babylon Gardens, chasing Eggman.
"You cannot overtake him. Therefore you're a hindrance," says Jet, confronting him. "I'll show you. You have not yet experienced the `world of speed'!" cried Sonic.
For Sonic and Jet to settle the question of who's fastest for mutual pride, it comes down to two people determining victory or defeat!
Babylon, once the symbol of prosperity; the legendary paradise that aroused the wrath of a god and now lies neglected deep underground. Contrary to its primitive appearance, the inside is fortified with electronic devices formed by the power of an ultra-scientific civilization. The automatic security system resolutely tries to remove all intruders.
1. Decide on the right trick in the half pipe, shortcut! If you fail, you also reverse course!!
2. The destroyed road cuts off...look carefully for the rising tip!?
3. The trick zone, occurring inside turbulence, opens up new routes!!
1. Starting point: Decend the central ramp!
2. 270 degree curve: 90 degree turn followed by 180 degree bend. Airslide
3. Security gate: Three gates separate the course. Speed types aim for the spiral course on the extreme left!
4. Air Force attack: Will the invaders be removed, when the leader's path is destroyed by the attack of an Air Force missile!?
5. Turbulance: Can you pass throught the Air Force on the turbulence? Run through and come out the far side of the darkness where the air rushes out!
6. Air Force track: Turbulence dies out as you pierce through to the other side! Catch the Air Force to aim again at the course!
7. Air Force attack (2nd time): The Air Force attack destroys the route again. Detour around the edge!
8. Palace interior: Passing inside the palace. Power types can smash through to open up a shortcut!
Some of the highlights are approximations as there were a number of symbols that were too blurred to make out.
Hmm... interesting information. Thanks about the course, too. I'm interested in what the course is called, as it appears to be another city (or perhaps the same one).
I think it's the same for the most part. Look at both maps back and forth. Starting from where the 3 dots start, The jump in the same place to a U-Turn, then the 2 tunnels then that curve to another U-Turn and then that building that looks exactly the same. But I'm guessing that the track obstacles are different because of the story.
I just re-checked to make sure I didn't miss anything and i realised, Metal City is day this one is night.
a gauk... - Cloud Strife, FF7