Will we get better character animation this time?

#11Vysaga88Posted 2/18/2012 8:19:45 AM

From: Devilman_Amon | Posted: 2/18/2012 3:10:17 AM | #010
But this game series keeps pushing the envelope in 2D presentation so it makes sense to better everything all around. If it were me i'd make them motion portrait. Heck I might even pull a Tokitowa and make the main character controllable 2D wise and move around the ship

Before that, the game needs G Gen Advance style unit capture and the option to capture and grind on fodder during every intermission.
#12Kraker2kPosted 2/22/2012 1:00:00 PM
OG2nd will have a 3D rendered map with high poly 3D mechs.
Sort of like what NEO did, but better.
---
UK/PSN: Kraker2k
#13Shaded_PhoenixPosted 2/22/2012 9:08:55 PM

with high poly 3D mechs.

No, they're still sprites.
---
Thank you for noticing this new sig!
Your noticing it has been noted, and will be reported to the authorities.
#14SDBZPosted 2/23/2012 8:49:31 AM
Wait, what? Where did this come from? I thought we were only shown screenshots and videos of battle animations so far, and nothing else about the other aspects of the game, like the battle maps and gameplay mechanics.
---
I'm just a Kamen Rider passing through. You'd better remember me! - Tsukasa Kadoya, Kamen Rider Decade. PSN ID - KamenRiderShinzo
#15BassGSnewtypePosted 2/26/2012 2:37:48 PM(edited)
I'd say they're forgetting to put "I guess" or "Maybe" at the start of their posts.
---
How long till Gfaqs lets use use Avatars and pic in our sigs
Official Shurouga pilot of the Super Robot Taisen Z 2 Board
#16Shaded_PhoenixPosted 2/26/2012 7:18:24 PM

Wait, what? Where did this come from? I thought we were only shown screenshots and videos of battle animations so far, and nothing else about the other aspects of the game, like the battle maps and gameplay mechanics.

For a moment, there, I didn't realise they were talking about the map. I assumed they meant "3D rendered background".
---
It's enough that I'm wearing steel underpants right now. No cactus gonna assrape me today, not even by accident.
-Dracoferret on... well, you know. Cacti.
#17Kraker2kPosted 3/4/2012 5:34:01 PM

No, they're still sprites.

I meant the map with have the 3D rendered mechs. Like OGs/OGG did on the PS2.
I've seen the trailers to know we still have sprite in the battle animations...

Of course my speculation only stems from the comment Terada made when ACE:R came out that the models for the OG Mechs were taken from an un-named game that was already in production.
---
UK/PSN: Kraker2k