Play movie 2

#41Shui GorPosted 11/22/2012 3:06:34 PM
Shale0 posted...
Midorikawa doing all the voices while laughing his head off is every bit as amazing as I hoped it would be.

at least he's keeping up appearances that he thoroughly enjoys the games. i'd be disappointed if he wasn't overly giddy about it
---
"Epic Meal Time showing you how to make a REAL salad.....**** your lettuce."
3DS Friend Code: 5241-1905-4583
#42SDBZPosted 11/22/2012 3:21:17 PM
It would've been nice if the non-voiced dialogue was voiced. That would've been another step in evolving SRW.
---
I'm just a Kamen Rider passing through. You'd better remember me! - Tsukasa Kadoya, Kamen Rider Decade. PSN ID - KamenRiderShinzo
#43TheDoorMousePosted 11/22/2012 3:22:30 PM
For anyone that can read Japanese, how was that team up attack executed? Where they both attacked simultaneously. Was there a command for it in the menu that popped up after they were close by each other or something?
---
Digimon Remix = Hilarious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO4xMKkJDog&feature=youtu.be
#44Ryo TenshinPosted 11/22/2012 3:33:01 PM
TheDoorMouse posted...
For anyone that can read Japanese, how was that team up attack executed? Where they both attacked simultaneously. Was there a command for it in the menu that popped up after they were close by each other or something?

The TWIN system. Midorikawa paired them up (and switched the leader) to execute an attack at the same time. This has other benefits as well that vary from unit to unit and doing this also gives you access to TWIN seishins (only way to get Soul/Confusion/others).
---
If you aren't remembered, then you never existed.
- Arisu (Serial Experiments Lain)
#45lypsePosted 11/23/2012 12:44:25 AM
Nice overall. I especially enjoyed the improvements done to Akashic Buster (and the Akashic Search). However is it just me or the Dis Cutter animation is exactly the same as OGs?
---
Friendship is eternal, as long as you know what true friendship is.
#46RESoKA(Topic Creator)Posted 11/23/2012 3:27:47 AM
Well, Terada had already stated that some of the animations were just revamped versions from PS2 games, and they did add a fancy effect to the attacks on impact.

Too bad Cybuster won't be getting the Discutter summoning animations from Alpha Gaiden because of it, but at least the new Masoukishins have them (Granveil's sword summoning, for example).
---
"If you are weak, you die, if you are strong, you live, this is the true Law of the Nature..."
#47kuroi_shinigamiPosted 11/23/2012 4:08:40 AM
KOFXIII posted...

i thought he was taunting the grunt, for some reason.

"here, let me turn my back on you"

Well, yes, he was taunting the enemy, but Midorikawa sounds genuinely surprised when Terada explains to him that he can open an explanation for some in-game term said in the dialogue by pressing triangle when there is highlighted(and underlined) term in the dialogue box, something that has been in SRW game since PS2 games.

One possible explanation might be, he skip the story when playing SRW games and only do the gameplay, but it does raise a suspicion that he might be not an avid SRW player as what the official banpresto blog make him out to be(something not too surprising when considering FF XIV seiyuu player debacle)
#48RockmanZeroEXEPosted 11/23/2012 10:23:39 AM
kuroi_shinigami posted...
KOFXIII posted...

i thought he was taunting the grunt, for some reason.

"here, let me turn my back on you"

Well, yes, he was taunting the enemy, but Midorikawa sounds genuinely surprised when Terada explains to him that he can open an explanation for some in-game term said in the dialogue by pressing triangle when there is highlighted(and underlined) term in the dialogue box, something that has been in SRW game since PS2 games.

One possible explanation might be, he skip the story when playing SRW games and only do the gameplay, but it does raise a suspicion that he might be not an avid SRW player as what the official banpresto blog make him out to be(something not too surprising when considering FF XIV seiyuu player debacle)

He might not every try, and just put the story on automode. I don't know if many people even knew about this function in past SRW.
---
"I've just remembered something...He was not as naive as you are. That's what made him a hero." Zero from RMZ
#49KOFXIIIPosted 11/23/2012 10:37:05 AM
Yes, that's a possibility.

I mean, it took me 5 visual novels to realize i could click on the shiny words to open a window explaining what they meant.

maybe he never bothered to press triangle.
#50TakayaNorikoPosted 11/23/2012 11:34:04 AM
kuroi_shinigami posted...

I'm under the assumption that he already knew every single term, and didn't need the function at all.
---
You're planning a wolf murder!