2nd OG playthrough log

#1MJEmirzianPosted 11/30/2012 9:34:19 PM
Hi all, I'm starting a playthrough log here. I won't be recording video until I get to Ex-Hard mode, which should give me time to get used to the game and wait for most of the secrets/route split conditions to be discovered.

I won't bother with every route split on my first normal run because I want to unlock Ex-Hard asap. These aren't optimal counts, I'm probably only going to restart a scenario if I fail the SP. Ex-Hard apparently doesn't allow upgrades or PP spent, so I'm doing my first run with no pp/upgrades as usual, both out of tradition and training for Ex-Hard.

Playthrough Log (Normal):

第1話: 星なき空
Scenario 1: Starless Sky
SR Point: Have Ibis destroy 2 units while Raul destroys one.
3 turns

Move forward, attack/counter. Pretty much no way to fail this one!

Visit Hiryu Kai ヒリュウ改に立ち寄る

第2話: 地底世界
Scenario 2: Subterranean World
SR Point: Shoot down 2 or more units in a single attack.
3 turns

Move forward, attack/counter. MAP attack for the SR point.

第3話: 孤狼との再会
Scenario 3: Reunite with Beowulf
SR Point: Shoot down the Gildora. It will retreat at 4000 HP.
3 turns

Move forward, attack/counter. Twin YL and Ryune and use Fighting Spirit then attack boss w/ Yang Long's Strike. Even if Ryune misses, YL will do well over 4k damage.

第4話: ダンク市の攻防
Scenario 4: Battle at Dank
SR Point: Shoot down all units except the boss within 3 turns.
4 turns

Move forward, attack/counter. The boss has nothing to do with the SP, even though it's listed in the conditions. The boss flees at 6k. Most reliable method is twinning Kachina + Tasuku, both with Strike, with an optional third support attacker.

第5話: それぞれの正義
Scenario 5: Various Justice
SR Point: Shoot down all units except the Fortress Sodiumu within 3 turns.
4 turns

Use Kyosuke w/ Continuous Attack to move far into enemy attack range early on.

第6話: 胞子の谷
Scenario 6: The Valley of Spores
SR Point: Defeat all enemies within 5 turns.
4 turns

Move forward, attack/counter. After defeating enough grunts, more show up, but they are easily dispatched.

第7話: サプライズド・アタック
Scenario 7: Surprised Attack
SR Point: Shoot down the enemy boss. It will retreat at 8500 HP.
4 turns

Move forward, attack/counter. After defeating enough grunts, the boss shows up at 2 o clock. Use a twinned support attack to take the boss down. Ryune's Fighting Spirit is great for fleeing bosses in general. I did it w/ Tasuku + Yan Long w/ Strike and Ryune support attacking w/ Fighting Spirit (100% support attack damage + guaranteed crit).

More soon..
---
http://www.tbstactics.com - Tactical Insights. Tactical turn based and tactical/strategy game news/reviews.
#2MJEmirzian(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 2:52:06 AM
第8話: 信念と疑惑
Scenario 8: Faith and Doubt
SR Point: Shoot down 10 units in 3 turns.
4 turns

Move forward, attack/counter. Ignore the optional boss and take out the battleship to finish. The optional boss flees at around 15k or so, I don't have the firepower to take him out.

第9話: ヴォルクルスの影
Scenario 9: Shadow of Volkrus
SR Point: Clear the map in 2 turns.
1+5 turns

1 turn the first part by sending Tasuku + Kyosuke ahead w/ Continuous Attack, then dealing counterkills. 2nd part all you have to do is move a unit next to Leona to finish.

第10話: カークスの真意
Scenario 10: Kirkus's True Intention
SR Point: Clear the map in 5 turns.
3 turns

Well now I've got two pilots with Continuous Action seishin. I sent Leona deep into enemy territory on turn 1 by using 2x Accel + Continuous Action and she counterkilled almost everything with long range attacks. Everyone else cleared out the rest of the grunts.

第11話: 異界の剣
Scenario 11: Sword of the Spirit Realm
SR Point: Destroy the battleship. It will retreat at 8500 HP.
4 turns

Just throw Sanger at the enemy, he's nearly invulnerable. On 3PP some allied reinforcements arrive. Destroy the bship for the SR point. Sanger can deal 9000+ to the bship without twinning or support, so just weaken it and let him at it. Just make sure not to run him out of EN while countering. The Gildora won't flee, so no problem beating it down.

第12話: 遭遇
Scenario 12: Encounter
SR Point: Shoot down all enemies then defeat Saphine. She will retreat at 8000 HP.
4 turns

Once again use Leona's 2x Accel + Continuous Action to get up in the enemy's face and counterkill the grunts. Saphine is very easy to take down with Sanger or Bullet or whoever else.
---
http://www.tbstactics.com - Tactical Insights. Tactical turn based and tactical/strategy game news/reviews.
#3TheDoorMousePosted 12/1/2012 12:53:03 PM
Just wanted to tell you thanx for this. I'm keeping track of the info you post so It'll help me grab those SR points.
---
Digimon Remix = Hilarious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO4xMKkJDog&feature=youtu.be
#4MJEmirzian(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2012 3:56:27 PM
No problem, glad it helps.

第13話: カークスの目
Scenario 13: Kirkus's Eyes
SR Point: Destroy the enemy battleship within 4 turns.
3 turns

Once again use Leona's 2x Accel + Continuous Action to get close to the battleship and start wearing down its HP. By the time everyone else catches up it should be pretty beat up.

第14話: セブ神殿
Scenario 14: Seb Shrine
SR Point: Defeat all enemies within 5 turns.
3 turns

So apparently Continuous Assault seishin only works if you destroy an entire unit, not just a single enemy in a twin. Not cool for Leona and friends. That's ok, though. Leona and Kachina both have Accel so I still managed to hop to the farthest two groups of enemies and counterkill them on turn 3. Just got Shine to lv 15 and she learned Cheer, which is nice.

第15話: シュテドニアス追撃
Scenario 15: Pursuit of the Shutedonias
SR Point: Shoot down the named enemy boss within 5 turns. He will retreat at 7000 HP.
3 turns

Yet another very easy filler scenario. Anyway, just use the same strats as the last couple scenarios.. Accel, Continuous Assault, and lots of counters.

第16話: 敗軍の将
Scenario 16: General of the Defeated Army
SR Point: Defeat 3 Volkruses within the same phase.
3 turns

Ok, so this isn't a total faceroll because the Volkruses have 20k HP each. Anyway, they don't hit very hard, so throw Sanger, Bullet, and Tasuku at them. The Volkruses are lv 20 so try getting everyone Cheer/Fortune level ups.

第17話: 超魔装機エウリード
Scenario 17: Ewleed, the Hyper-Elemental Machine
SR Point: Shoot down the Valcion Kai Type CF within 4 turns.
4 turns

Plotwise, Karx was the final boss of Ryune's route in SRW EX, so he's a "semi-final" boss at the end of this route split. He has a lot of HP, double attack, and will probably be 150 morale for most of the fight. It took 2 turns to beat him down. Use defensive seishins to stay alive and watch out for his MAP. Don't waste too much SP on Accel and Continuous action this time.
---
#5MJEmirzian(Topic Creator)Posted 12/2/2012 1:59:50 AM
第18話: 「混乱」からの使者
Scenario 18: Envoy from the [Chaos]
SR Point: All 3 Huckebein Mk-II's must survive by the end of the scenario.
3 turns

The Huckebeins are easily killed and suicidal, but you can use trust on them and repair them. Once they get low on HP they'll try dodging enemy attacks, but if they get unlucky you'll lose the SP. I suggest reloading the scenario until the Huckebein lands its first 65% attack. That will cause the other two to stick closer together. If they spread out towards the plant things to the right you'll be in a lot more trouble.

On 3PP Kekeru shows up, but won't target the huckebeins. Reduce Kekeru's HP under 5k or so to end the scenario.

第19話: 手負いの狼
Scenario 19: Wounded Wolf
SR Point: Reduce the bosses HP to 18,000. It will retreat at 20,000 HP.
8 turns

Long scenario due to the grunts spread out across the map. On 2PP allies show up to help clear the grunts. Once the grunts are destroyed the boss will spawn close to Hugo's starting position. Anyone without strike will have a lot of trouble hitting the boss, so make sure to save some uses of Strike. To get the SP just lower the boss' HP close to 20k, then deal a strong attack.

第20話: 空を望む騎士
Scenario 20: Knight who Desires the Sky
SR Point: Do not allow the Aile Chevalier to be hit while duelling the Garmraid.
5 turns

The SP is mostly luck based. Use focus/flash and hope he doesn't hit you. Not sure if you can lure him to forest terrain, I didn't try. After you win the duel, a bunch of grunts show up and you can move your other pilots, including Garmraid.

第21話: 黒焔の狩人
Scenario 21: Dark Flame Hunter
SR Point: Do not allow any enemies to move onto the factory.
3 turns

As usual, moving enemies will try to attack anyone in their P range after they've moved towards their goal (the factory, in this case). Position your units in their movement range so they attack and are countered. You can also get in their way or use continuous action. RIP Huckebeins.

第22話: 黒き迅雷
Scenario 22: Black Thunderclap
SR Point: Do not allow the Ladybirds to be hit by an enemy attack.
8 turns

The Ladybirds don't move from their position. On 3 or 4EP enemy reinforcements appear at 10 o clock, and an ally appears near the Ladybirds. Send 1-2 units to deal with the reinforcements ahead of time. After defeating initial enemies, everyone auto-moves back to the Ladybirds and S-ZLAI appears. Bring S-ZLAI to 20k to finish the scenario.
---
#6MJEmirzian(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 12:58:00 AM(edited)
第23話: 厭客再来
Scenario 23: Unwanted Guests Return
SR Point: Shoot down the Masukareon Type C within 6 turns. Flees at 12000 HP.
5 turns

Equip water/flight modules and beat up grunts for some morale while heading towards the Masukareon to get the SP. Get Garmraid + Reisensitter up to 130 morale for their best attacks. I used garm + reiss w/ Fighting Spirit which did about 14k damage, no support needed. All of the grunts retreat once you get the SP. With the SP obtained, take out Sleigh to finish the scenario. Try to defeat her as well for a Tesla Drive part, she flees at 7k.

第24話: 地球を護る剣
Scenario 24: The Sword to Defend Earth
SR Point: Defeat Zeb within 6 turns. Retreats at 15000 HP.
5 turns

Not cool that you're given a ton of new pilots/robots at the start of the battle prep rather than the intermission. You don't have to do a ton of customizing here if you're not on Ex-Hard, just twin Sanger and Bullet or Irm, twin up any loose pilots, equip some spare weapons/parts, and get going. And keep the water module on on Garmraid + Reiss. Just make sure you have an attack plan to deal 15k damage to Zeb.

Split a small force off to handle the south/southeast grunts while sending everyone else north towards the boss. By the time you reach the boss everyone should be around 140 morale.

It's going to take some strong attacks to take 15k off Zeb. The most powerful combo attacks you have access to for the stage are SRX + R-Gun and Zan Tornado with Rastel + Sanger. I got the SP using Zan Tornado + Irms's best attack (both of them with Fighting Spirit) supported by rampage ghost and another random support.

第25話: 甦る青龍
Scenario 25: Return of the Blue Dragon
SR Point: Destroy all enemies except the Magaruga within 3 turns.
3+5 turns

Deploy:
Ratsel Reisensitter
Sanger Dygengar
Laura Grungust Type C
Yuki Grungust Type C

Brooklyn Grungust Reishiki
Ryoto Randgrith
Rio Grungust Type C
Ing Giganscudo

In the first part of this scenario, you have Ratsel, Sanger, Laura, Yuki, and the Kurogane. Spread your forces out to counterkill the grunts by turn 3 to get the SP.

In the second part you get the Excellence Rescue, Brooklyn, Ryoto, Rio, and Ing. Destroy the enemies while keeping them from entering the defensive zone. After destroying about 10 grunts, some goldfish grunts arrive. They don't try to head for the defense zone from what I could tell, so don't worry about their high movement or flight. A few turns after that, Kusuha arrives in the Tatsuto with a further wave of goldfish grunts.

第26話: ミクスト・トルーパーズ
Scenario 26: Mixed Troopers
SR Point: Destroy all enemies except the Aries Geist within 3 turns.
5 turns

Only Arriere and Ing can act at first. I sent Ing in the Randgrith loaded up with +mov parts and counterkilled everything pretty quickly. Afterward an event occurs, Ing recovers his SP, and you need to reduce Amura's HP below 25k.

第27話: 南極の門
Scenario 27: The Gates of Antarctica
SR Point: Shoot down 17 enemies within 5 turns.
4 turns

Gear up Hugo and Josh and send them grunt slaying. The scenario ends when you get the SR point or on turn 7.

Currently at 27 scenarios/119 turns. My average has been slowly creeping up due to all the 5 and 8 turn clears.
#7soulgain86Posted 12/3/2012 1:39:22 AM
im at stage 38 idont know how to kill this F.... boss... he always heal up to max can u plz help
#8jonnovision1Posted 12/3/2012 1:55:17 AM
soulgain86 posted...
im at stage 38 idont know how to kill this F.... boss... he always heal up to max can u plz help

have you tried waiting it out (keep ending turn)
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
#9MJEmirzian(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 1:59:18 AM
Sorry I haven't gotten that far, but here's a wiki page on scenario 38 that might help. Someone might be able to translate this for you.

http://og2.srw-wiki.com/map/050.html
---
#10jonnovision1Posted 12/3/2012 2:13:10 AM
MJEmirzian posted...
Sorry I haven't gotten that far, but here's a wiki page on scenario 38 that might help. Someone might be able to translate this for you.

http://og2.srw-wiki.com/map/050.html

google translate butchered it but I THINK

Ally clear turn after turn 3 (King Sparrow Takeshi) appeared to the north Tai.

means you have to wait three turns.
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."