Newest SRW game announced

#191Sid_Icarus(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2012 1:27:37 AM
Trailers out http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=D6ALAgHdmyM

Is it me, or is the animation really...wonky

Pretty sure the frame rate of the video itself was the main issue. People had the same first impression with z2, but it was just the video then. But honestly, the sound seems to have a huge step up from the ds games, and the actual animations seem to have done a good job with the small details and smoothness.
---
Burn the heretic. Kill the mutant. Purge the unclean.
Lol IGN- ThatKillerBenoit
#192werasdzxcPosted 12/13/2012 1:35:56 AM
BassGSnewtype posted...
I'm sure Midorikawa's freaking beside himself with joy now that Demonbane is now finally in an SRW. XD

I don't think he would like having to kill "himself" though..... MAYBE PLAYABLE MASTER THERION?
---
Speedwagon withdraws coolly.
#193BassGSnewtypePosted 12/13/2012 2:05:10 AM
werasdzxc posted...
BassGSnewtype posted...
I'm sure Midorikawa's freaking beside himself with joy now that Demonbane is now finally in an SRW. XD

I don't think he would like having to kill "himself" though..... MAYBE PLAYABLE MASTER THERION?

Hikaru: Is he playable?
Terada:.....*Working*
H: He's playable, right?
T......*Annoyed*
H: PLEASE TELL ME HE'S PLAYABLE!!!!!
T: ARGH!!! *headbutts Hikaru*
H: *Faints*
Random employee: I don't think you're supposed to do that sir.
T:*Grumble*
---
Evil beware, we have waffles.
The Official Granveil pilot of the SRW OG 2nd Board
#194Shaded_PhoenixPosted 12/13/2012 2:36:21 AM
ImpactFrame posted...
I just noticed, how come BP never uses the OVA versions of Mazinger and Getter in the main console releases? Things like Mazinkaiser OVA, SKL, Armageddon, and Shin vs Neo are missing out ;(

No idea. Z2 has changed that, even if it's still not a console, but there's no telling if the trend will continue.

starqo posted...
Actually, I'm a bit surprised more people weren't complaining about how the Cosmic Era was in yet again.

Meh. We've got 00, we're not exactly missing out on anything.

I'm guessing that Dunbine and Gundam Seed Destiny won't have their stories, given that Show and Shinn (with his FAITH badge still present, for some reason) are fighting against enemies from Wings of Rean and the 00 movie. This is a first for Dunbine, I believe. As such, seeing them in their first units (the Dunbine and the Impulse Gundam) was a bit surprising, but I guess it gives you something to look forward to.

Personally, I'm having a hard time reconciling "Impulse Gundam" with "No story". It doesn't seem right.
---
Operation Latex Turtle is a go.
#195SazukeEXPosted 12/13/2012 2:46:23 AM
Well, SEED Destiny is getting a Remaster so it makes sense that they'll use it again for the 3DS to help promote that. I'm also sure they signed on for Destiny with the long run even if a certain person wasn't happy about L and Z series making changes to Destiny.
---
XBox Live: Tinklyknight (Not Gold at the moment due to various reasons)
#196SazukeEXPosted 12/13/2012 3:02:54 AM
Anyone else find it hilarious that Destiny has no representation on the cover? It's almost like they're adding it in because they have too... Hope it doesn't mean they'll skip over things or leave things unresolved like Yuna in K.
---
XBox Live: Tinklyknight (Not Gold at the moment due to various reasons)
#197zoeilaPosted 12/13/2012 3:13:06 AM
interesting to me how everything except nova looks redrawn lol.
---
currently playing:FF XIII,darksiders,tales of graces f,white knight chronicles 2,persona 4 arena,dynasty warriors gundam 3,warriors orochi 3,resident evil 6
#198LordIzaakPosted 12/13/2012 5:46:22 AM
ShinononoHouki posted...
saltedham posted...
can the 3ds not handle the z2 psp sprites? for advance portable they reused mx and original generations sprites and made the rest. and sprites for destiny/dancouga nova/macross frontier have some already made. in japan is the audience that much better on 3ds for future srw? hope this has full cut ins for the gundams still. i will weep if it dosent

Like I said, the hardware is atrocious for current gen standard, if the only damn thing it wins the PSP is the freaking Pixels per second or fillrate.

And like I said you pointing out the wrong things. The problem is on the software's end, not the hardware. Can they port a PlayStation-centric engine to a completely alien hardware? Of course not. Not unless they're willing to go the extra mile. For now they'll have to settle on the one engine that's closest to the newest hardware: the DS engine. There's a reason why emulation development exists you know.

You can spin it as much as you like, but its still wrong. Just because you don't have any experience in the fields of hardware or software is no excuse to spout such lies.

Mellow_RG posted...
I don't wont to be a negative nancy but..

those sprite animations look really awkward

did they outsource this to G Generation guys?

//

Its the same people who did L. However that's only half of the answer. Apparently some sharp-eyed /m/ guys noticed there's a lot more rotation segments in this.
http://i.imgur.com/Yc1YK.png
FYI: SRW uses segmented sprites for animation. The old Centipede game, Castlevania's large armored bosses, and Vanillaware games all use segmented body parts rather than full sprites.

Apparently, rather than redrawing many of the parts for movement, they just rotate them (SKL's run for example).
---
Why Review Scores Suck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcrqTGByb1s
#199starqoPosted 12/13/2012 7:21:56 AM(edited)
SazukeEX posted...
Anyone else find it hilarious that Destiny has no representation on the cover? It's almost like they're adding it in because they have too... Hope it doesn't mean they'll skip over things or leave things unresolved like Yuna in K.

Since I don't know if you'll be on the "Super Robot Taisen 3D (working title)" board (which I think needs to be converted into the "Super Robot Taisen UX" board like how this board was converted) I'm going to repost was what I said there:

That's probably because nowadays, they usually only put 1 Gundam series on the cover. They put 00 Quanta since this is its debut and will probably be the most prominent. That's also probably why Liu Bei (Ryuubi) Gundam is not on the cover.

You might also notice that Dunbine/Billbine are also not on the cover. Why? Because Nanajin is also not on the cover.

Though I'd also like to say that, since there's not nearly as many series this time around, maybe Shinn can get some new crossover quotes that he didn't get in Z2. Because, even if Kamille, Garrod, and Loran didn't get any new lines either (not counting the former's Beam Confuse line, nor his single line for Gaioh), Shinn stood out as the Gundam main who had barely any special lines at all (just 1 for Gaioh, and his support attack/defense quotes for Kamille, Quattro, Amuro, Garrod, and Loran).

Maybe some support attack/defense lines for Setsuna, and battle quotes for aliens, monsters, terrorists (since I'm doubt that the Earth forces will be fought in this game), bosses and, if maybe even the ELS.

Shaded_Phoenix posted...
Personally, I'm having a hard time reconciling "Impulse Gundam" with "No story". It doesn't seem right.

Its not the first time a Gundam protagonist downgraded to weaker machine after their story was finished.
#200DemiseEndPosted 12/13/2012 8:03:33 AM
When?

That happened with Koji Tetsuya in L, so if its a Super i am not surprised, but since this is Real, and my image of non-story Real has always been Amuro(who never have a unit not named Nu whenever he is in a no story zone, and his old unit that is developed from Zeta is almost always a story unit) that seems new to me
---
Real Metal bounces their breast. Deal with it