tips on morale gain?

#1d00kiebPosted 12/19/2012 12:12:44 AM
I'm somewhere into the early 30 stages and I have yet to pull off a maximum break... it seems I have trouble getting the required morale, and when I do, the stage boss usually taken care of.

Any tips on how i can get morale up?
---
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
#2RamzaBWPosted 12/19/2012 12:14:04 AM
Use the guy who participate in MB to kill grunts?

Or you can just use Encourage/Rally etc
#3JL LeePosted 12/19/2012 12:17:53 AM
Also, the strong-willed characters (Kai, Kyosuke for example) gain morale faster by getting hit instead of evading. Then there are those who lose morale by getting hit, those who do gain only by evading, etc.

Unless you already have an idea of the pilot mentality via OGs/OG Gaiden, I guess the safest way is just to feed those you want to gain morale kills.
---
Currently playing: Bravely Default Flying Fairy (3DS), Tales of Xillia 2 (PS3)
#4d00kieb(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 12:18:27 AM
That's what I did but unless I'm wrong, to initiate MB, all 4 units must have 140 morale?
---
#5jonnovision1Posted 12/19/2012 12:35:21 AM(edited)
later on you're generally given enough grunts to deal with that everyone will hit the morale cap regardless of who kills who, but for now you either have to have your MB squad go for the kill, get them a skill like morale+2 at the start of every turn, or burn SP on seishins to do the job.

edit: and yes you're right, all four MB units need 140+ morale
---
"Reinforcements? I am the Reinforcements."
#6Knux19Posted 12/19/2012 12:24:05 AM
There's a whole bunch of skills dedicated the acquisition of morale. Never been a better time to consider using them (in particular, I found Morale very handy for Tetsuya, who often came up shy of being able to contribute the Tronium Buster Cannon).
---
Pants are not a "group activity"
#7ADIDA_SRWPosted 12/19/2012 12:24:39 AM
I personally still like giving the pilots Morale +Destroyed. It simply means double the morale gain per kill (2 instead of 1) and it counts the kills of other units as well (tested it).
---
A.D.I.D.A.S~ = All Day I Dream About SRW
#8d00kieb(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2012 12:30:55 AM
I guess to elaborate a little, my main problem is getting morale up for the sub unit.

so let's say I have Kyosuke and Excellen in a twin and Arado and Seolla in another twin, Kyosuke and Arado (being main units) would've gotten the morale requirements but not Excellen and Seolla.

does that mean I have to switch Excellen and Seolla to main units for them to obtain the kills for morale gain?

+morale on kill sounds like a good idea... I usually do +morale on evade or +morale when hit depending on the robot's inclination.
---
#9KaneBlueriverPosted 12/19/2012 12:34:24 AM
I go by this logic. Share your epic hot-blooded kills evenly to all your deployed units.
---
Behold! Happy Robo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8p_eMBW2es
#10ADIDA_SRWPosted 12/19/2012 12:35:38 AM
The problem with the other morale gain skills is that they require the units to be in the thick of things, but with morale +destroyed, your units will always be getting that extra morale. For your situation, I think it'd fit perfectly. Being only 100PP, you could always replace it late game as well if you simply end up spamming rouse.
---
A.D.I.D.A.S~ = All Day I Dream About SRW
More topics from this board...
So for MKSteelSeven53/30 12:25AM