Corssgate disscussion (Spoilers all around)

#41Vincent_VincentPosted 1/8/2013 10:43:45 PM(edited)
180223 posted...
Couldn't Euzeth just avoid his terrible fate by NOT trying to piss off the SRW teams?

OR (Here is what i think is a plot-hole or something to refute Euzethe's "SORE MO WATASHI DA!" ) Why go through the trouble of recruiting earthlings in the first OG ? or even sending Ingram to infiltrate the Feds? just stomp everything with your Judecca which have nothing to stand against it at that point (even the Granzon was not created at that point nor have Masaki been summoned to Lagias but they can always retcon that <_<).
#42Shaded_PhoenixPosted 1/8/2013 10:54:38 PM
Saint Dragon Osiris posted...
Well if the Euzeth we know is fated to die the way he does, what difference would that make?

The difference is if Euzeth goes to a dimension without any SRXes or Masoukishin, then he's safe. If that idea can't work because "fate", then there's literally no point to doing anything like in this game. (This is also the same idea as 180223 suggests.)

Unless he's already tried, it failed due to some sort of crazy nonsense, and he's starting to get desperate. Just like Vincent has also pointed out, Euzuth seems to be creating the circumstances that result in the SRW teams coming after him.

It seems to be that barely anyone in OGs has any sort of free will, not even Euzuth who may even realise that he is literally incapable of changing his predetermined fate. It's all sorts of depressing.
---
Operation Latex Turtle is a go.
#43kurimawtaktakPosted 1/8/2013 11:01:12 PM
Can anyone elaborate on the story behind Ing being a potential time diver?
---
Overcome supremacy with a thunderclap, leap through walls of time, surpass limit and fate, breakthrough future with one chance, and burst with heart in mind.
#44Saint Dragon OsirisPosted 1/8/2013 11:40:15 PM(edited)
Why go through the trouble of recruiting earthlings in the first OG ?

Because he's an egotistical megalomaniac. He wanted to stare fate in the face and once and for all prove that it's wrong. Despite the SRX, Choukijin, Cybuster, Granzon, etc. He wanted to prove to fate that he himself could destroy them. Actually, Euzeth says something about this too. Something along the lines of "Ryusei, I will kill you to free myself from this torment. As for the rest of you (he's talking about the ones that have nothing to do with his memories), I will kill you because I can." Unfortunately, fate still kicked his ass in the end and he died. Doing it in an otherwise more logical and practical manner like the one that you proposed probably wouldn't have been "glorious" enough for him. I know that sounds like a cop out but it really does seem that way to me.

It seems to be that barely anyone in OGs has any sort of free will, not even Euzuth who may even realise that he is literally incapable of changing his predetermined fate. It's all sorts of depressing.

You know, this reminded me of something even though there is barely any relevance. Remember Kusuha's and Bullet's game exit skit? The one where they talk about Bullet's black mask? Yeah, I think you all know where I'm going with this.
---
We must formulate keikaku. "Keikaku" means plan! - Argosy Captain
#45MegaMustaine6Posted 1/9/2013 2:01:01 AM
Maybe the memories they inherit aren't of @ but an event EXTREMELY similar to @, but for all intents and purposes, it is @ because of the connections and Euzeth's revelations are very specific.

I thank tgbus for helping me with some of the references and links.

tldr; SRW is governed by Buddhist and/or Hindu laws of time and fate. @ DID happen prior to OG.

I honestly hope they flesh this out even more when they introduce W and Blessfield is sent back to very beginning of the vivarta kalpa of this multiverse.

He said nothing specific about @,that is just an assumption. He just met some of the @ characters on some occasion,but this doesn't mean it was specifically @,even because in @there are many non-original characters,and there was no reference to them
#46Saint Dragon OsirisPosted 1/9/2013 2:49:56 AM(edited)
Please name me something else that had Crossgates, Guneden, SRX team, and Masaki. Again:
Maybe the memories they inherit aren't of @ but an event EXTREMELY similar to @

An OG version of @ if you will. Whatever the case, @ or "OG @" if you so choose happened in the past cycle of the multiverse.
---
We must formulate keikaku. "Keikaku" means plan! - Argosy Captain
#47greeeedPosted 1/9/2013 2:53:44 AM
maybe there is 2 Kyosuke because the one in Shadow Mirror universe is dead in airplane crush >>> and revived by Enist?
#48MegaMustaine6Posted 1/9/2013 3:57:45 AM
Please name me something else that had Crossgates, Guneden, SRX team, and Masaki. Again:
Maybe the memories they inherit aren't of @ but an event EXTREMELY similar to @

An OG version of @ if you will. Whatever the case, @ or "OG @" if you so choose happened in the past cycle of the multiverse.

In a universe where reincarnation is possible,there are infinite possibilities where those elements could have occurred. An og version of @ would be very different because the non-original characters would not be there.
#49Shaded_PhoenixPosted 1/9/2013 5:00:33 AM(edited)
You know, this reminded me of something even though there is barely any relevance. Remember Kusuha's and Bullet's game exit skit? The one where they talk about Bullet's black mask? Yeah, I think you all know where I'm going with this.

Which is why I say "barely". For every Bullet (who only half counts, since that's only the one element in an otherwise "just like Alpha" set of events), there's a Filio or two - who, no matter what happens, and no matter how nice a guy he is, dies for the sake of plot. I know the "real" reason is because that's the whole point - that OGs is a slightly reworked retelling of every other Banpresto Original's story - but when it starts becoming meta, and they start throwing in "this is FATE!" as the reason why, it changes from standard retelling to having some dark and twisted undertones.

Being unable to control his own actions is the reason that Shu got himself killed, after all. And after getting killed and resurrected, he still has only questionable control over his future?
---
Operation Latex Turtle is a go.
#50Saint Dragon OsirisPosted 1/9/2013 6:55:35 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]