The "I Need Help & Advice For This Game" Thread

#51RockmanZeroEXEPosted 1/30/2013 3:08:27 PM
Rather then PP.... It's more like both twins gain morale for destroying an enemy. By splitting them, you're also cutting down how fast you gain morale. Personally, I think it's more into the late game, once you exhausted all your awakens or renewal should you start splitting therefore doing the full damage that each unit would normally do on bosses
---
"I've just remembered something...He was not as naive as you are. That's what made him a hero." Zero from RMZ
#52RyaldecoPosted 1/30/2013 3:22:27 PM
Oh wow, I'm glad I asked about this early on. I'm only at mission 12 or 13 now, so I'll start leaving them paired up. I didn't think about extra PP. Do you get extra because the sub gets some PP in addition to the main? I also didn't think the sub in a twin would gain morale; I never really thought about it. Thanks everyone, good stuff to know!
#53VermilionXPosted 1/30/2013 4:10:19 PM
yeah the sub gains a reduced amount of PP, exp, and morale.

even better when you have a twin with both multi pilots... like i have ibis and raul together since they worked together early on.

that's 6 people that gain PP for every kill.
---
PSN ID: vermilionx ....me and my bike! GSX-R750 K6
http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t126/vermilionx750/DSC03916.jpg
#54RockmanZeroEXEPosted 1/31/2013 12:07:28 AM
The actual main deal with PP, is that when you start over the game, the total PP you got, is split evenly between everyone.
---
"I've just remembered something...He was not as naive as you are. That's what made him a hero." Zero from RMZ
#55janesa13Posted 2/1/2013 11:55:36 AM
Can someone explain all the different attack modifier when you choose which move to use?
I know only a few, so I'll start:
P = you can use this after you move.
C = combo, you can use this for combination attack. That is attacking more than 1 enemy. What I don't get is that sometimes it worked, sometimes it doesn't. There are a couple of occasion that I need to move my unit to the enemy's other side in order for this to work.
W = double attack. You can use this to attack 2 groups of enemy. The requirement is not clear to me however.
Fist: Melee attack
Target reticule: Range attack.

I don't know the rest (S, etc).
---
Reality has exiled me.
I am no longer bound by its laws
#56Shale0Posted 2/1/2013 12:11:04 PM(edited)
S: Has a status effect, or can pierce barriers (or both). Note that weapons that inflict a status effect cannot be used in a Maximum Break, though barrier-piercing weapons can.
M: Missile attack. Can be evaded with the Jamming mech ability.
B: Beam attack. Can be affected by certain types of armor like Beam Absorb or Beam Coat.
W: Can be used to target two adjacent squads at once, at a cost of double the usual EN (or an extra ammo shot). The enemies must be next to each other and both must be within range - so you can't use a W weapon to hit an enemy you wouldn't be able to target normally. If you target an enemy with a W attack and there is another enemy next to it and in range, a menu will pop up with two options. Pick the first one to use the double attack.
F: Used in the opening volley of a Maximum Break. Robots without an F weapon cannot participate in a Maximum Break.
---
It's a man's life in the British Dental Association!
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/world/iraq/casualties/facesofthefallen.htm
#57RyaldecoPosted 2/1/2013 12:13:50 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#58VermilionXPosted 2/1/2013 2:40:06 PM
haha i didn't even notice that W weps uses double ammo or EN if used as a W

is that always like that? im replaying MX right now so i guess i can test it there.
---
#59Azure_lKitePosted 2/2/2013 12:57:25 PM(edited)
I think I'm missing something about support attacks.
Sometimes it doesn't seem to trigger even though the supporting unit is in range and still didn't act. What are the exact requirements? I know ALL attacks can't be supported, but I'm not using them.

Incidentally, this is happening while I'm fighting KyuukiOh/TotesuOh, not sure if they have something that's influencing this.

Edit: Let me specify:
Josh is right next to KyuukiOh. I move Lune next to him, select Engetsu Sappou and I support attack doesn't pop up. Alternatively, if I move Seolla next to him and try to use TBS, it triggers.
---
"It's a tradition unique to JRPG fanbases to discuss the virginity of characters." - SetsunaFSeiiei
BBCP HYYYYYPE
#60VermilionXPosted 2/2/2013 2:09:00 PM
Azure_lKite posted...
I think I'm missing something about support attacks.
Sometimes it doesn't seem to trigger even though the supporting unit is in range and still didn't act. What are the exact requirements? I know ALL attacks can't be supported, but I'm not using them.

Incidentally, this is happening while I'm fighting KyuukiOh/TotesuOh, not sure if they have something that's influencing this.

Edit: Let me specify:
Josh is right next to KyuukiOh. I move Lune next to him, select Engetsu Sappou and I support attack doesn't pop up. Alternatively, if I move Seolla next to him and try to use TBS, it triggers.

the supporter needs to be able to go to the terrain of the attacker.

so if josh can't land and ryuune is on land... it won't work.
---